Student tickets for UCF game | The Boneyard

Student tickets for UCF game

Reaction Score
Just got an email with this offer....not a bad idea to try to fill that space up.
Screenshot_20181227-192216_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Reaction Score
lol this is going to go really well or really bad

Reaction Score
Jesus, just give the students tickets for free already if you need to fill that space.
It's actually more likely that someone will go if it's inexpensive as opposed to free. If it's free, you end up with a lot of people flaking because they don't have any skin in the game. If they're say, $5, people are much more likely to actually go since they're invested.

C

Chief00

I want you to envision @Chief00 painted blue/white wearing briefs bouncing up and down while waving a Bunky fat head...

Sleep sound tonight.

LOL - Whatever works for you.
The bigger question is why are we playing a 1/10 Thursday night game at Gampel when classes don’t start for 12 days. SMU might actually draw 12,000 at XL but the operating costs are higher. Maybe a schedule conflict with Wolfpack or some other sparsely attended event and UConn gets screwed again.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I’m considering flying up for the ECU game. Unfortunately all the weekend games fall on inconvenient weekends and this is the only one that works, so we’ll see

C

Chief00

Disney on Ice @ XL January 10th through 13th. Seven shows over 4 days. The first show is 7pm Thursday. Could a better managed building fit another show in on Friday and still play MBB Thursday night? Or schedule 4 shows on Sunday as you did on Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
The bigger question is why are we playing a 1/10 Thursday night game at Gampel when classes don’t start for 12 days. SMU might actually draw 12,000 at XL but the operating costs are higher. Maybe a schedule conflict with Wolfpack or some other sparsely attended event and UConn gets screwed again.
If we want to keep playing at the dump that is the XL center it should be mostly during winter break

Reaction Score
Every time I scoff at the back to the Big East crowd, I see a post like this and think, “God, I miss Seton Hall”.

UConn fans wouldn’t care about basketball against UCF if the Knights were ranked #1 in the country. It’s that bad.

C

Chief00

Every time I scoff at the back to the Big East crowd, I see a post like this and think, “God, I miss Seton Hall”.

UConn fans wouldn’t care about basketball against UCF if the Knights were ranked #1 in the country. It’s that bad.

That’s the type of thinking we are battling in central CT - and it’s keeping us way behind the national curve.
Chief has lived 20 years in Central CT, so unlike others I am not comfortable with that mindset. It just seems misplaced and not forward looking. Chief has a great interest in history, and it helps provide desperately needed context but it’s not the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Most schools fill up the student sections with non-students during break. We’re actually way behind the 8ball when it comes to doing this. Granted, it’s probably actually more convenient for most students to get to XL from their homes in central Connecticut than catching the bus from Storrs.

Reaction Score
Tickets look scarce at the SMU game

Reaction Score
I mean why not make the student section bigger (upper level) for everyone at a discounted price. Probably would attract more fans each game and increase energy level. The games in the AAC, most wont generate lots of energy because there isn’t the rivalry feel so it would 100% help with noise level which Hurley loves.

Reaction Score
Between a few down years for the basketball team and the academic improvement of incoming freshmen, it sure seems like student enthusiasm is down for UConn sports. Selling tickets for the student section for a game over break seems like an idea that's long overdue. The average age of me and my son is 21, so I figure that as a pair we'll fit in just fine in the student section. Can't wait!

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, whatever gets fannies in the seats , Chief favors. Again, Chief loves the Casual Fan and all should feel comfortable and welcomed attending games.

Reaction Score
Students don't even fill up the section when it's not winter break. Pretty lousy. It was less than 8 years ago when they would fill up the lower and upper sections of the XL with students for decent games...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom