Stretching the Floor's Way-Too-Early Big East Preseason Rankings | The Boneyard

Stretching the Floor's Way-Too-Early Big East Preseason Rankings

Reaction Score
At over 9000 words, I've taken a break on mid-majors and finished my first draft of my new blog's Big East Preseason Rankings.

I'm going to take a little break away from the text before working on edits tomorrow, but I wanted to share it with the Boneyard as a sneak peak:

If you see any mistakes, feel free to let me know on this thread or in a PM.

Thanks to those here who have been so supportive!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
dang son, u good.
im putting some bubbly in the back of the fridge, and will crack it out when u are on the tube with shaq and the chuckster, tellin them what it be.

generally speaking, it's a wasteland out there for 'informed opinions,' yet the folks, especially the gambling crowd, seem to be ponying up with cash for any insight.

ya know, this may turn out well for you. we'll sure be readin and rootin.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Super job as always. Much greater depth than the 247 article I posted.

It will be interesting to see if your predictions beat theirs.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
The website is like a time capsule back to Geocities. Maybe rethink those borders. Content is good though.

Reaction Score
At over 9000 words, I've taken a break on mid-majors and finished my first draft of my new blog's Big East Preseason Rankings.

I'm going to take a little break away from the text before working on edits tomorrow, but I wanted to share it with the Boneyard as a sneak peak:

Jordan Hawkins doesn't get a lot of love here. He has the talent to be second team BE if he does the work this summer.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Great work. I will digest then read again.

My initial take:

St. John’s is too low. Jones is really good, and the rest of the team will be a year older and better.

Georgetown will finish at least 9th. That is not a bad roster.

DePaul will win about 2 games, and winless is a possibility. Who on DePaul would even see meaningful playing time on UConn?

Reaction Score
DePaul will win about 2 games, and winless is a possibility. Who on DePaul would even see meaningful playing time on UConn?
Thanks for reading.

To better answer your question, do you mean now with the current UConn roster as is?

Right now, Umoja Gibson is a better guard than Alleyne and Diarra. 13.3 ppg and a 39% three point shooter. Good defender too.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Thanks for reading.

To better answer your question, do you mean now with the current UConn roster as is?

Right now, Umoja Gibson is a better guard than Alleyne and Diarra. 13.3 ppg and a 39% three point shooter. Good defender too.

He couldn’t carry Oklahoma past 8th place, but he is going to be a carry a bad DePaul team in the Big East? DePaul struggled with two high end scorers like Liberty and Jones. Both are gone and I think they will have a hard time scoring, even with Gibson.

Reaction Score
He couldn’t carry Oklahoma past 8th place, but he is going to be a carry a bad DePaul team in the Big East? DePaul struggled with two high end scorers like Liberty and Jones. Both are gone and I think they will have a hard time scoring, even with Gibson.
You didn't ask who was going to carry DePaul in the Big East, you asked who would get playing time on UConn

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You didn't ask who was going to carry DePaul in the Big East, you asked who would get playing time on UConn

It was a rhetorical question to point out DePaul is bad.

You are welcome to jump on the DePaul bandwagon. There is plenty of room right now.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Good stuff I am going to save it for tomorrow morning's coffee!! Thanks for sharing

Reaction Score
Newcomers list without Whitmore seems odd, he is predicted to be a top 5 draft pick by many.
Very fair.

I wrote this before a lot of the more recent '23 mock drafts were written and over the last month, Whitmore's hype has skyrocketed.

A major reason I left him off that list is how slowly Villanova tends to bring in their top recruits: Antoine, Patterson, Longino, for example.

Assuming that Justin Moore isn't healthy at the start of the season, I can now see a starting lineup of Armstrong/Daniels/Whitmore/Slater/Dixon

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Great work. You follow the other teams far more closely than I do (or ever would). So I can't criticize. Creighton does indeed look strong, but you never know. I feel like their floor is close to their ceiling. Lots of known quantities. Not many unknown. UConn and Villanova are seeing so much turnover that they could be better or worse than we think. I think both are ahead of Xavier, who is not clearly in that second group ahead of PC/Seton Hall/St. Johns in my mind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom