Strength and Conditioning | The Boneyard

Strength and Conditioning

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
We know we have a myriad of problems. How much of our failures in the last couple of years do you all think we can apply to the unorthodox S&C? How much better would we be if all of our guys were 15-20lbs heavier and not fatigued at the end of games?

Reaction Score
We know we have a myriad of problems. How much of our failures in the last couple of years do you all think we can apply to the unorthodox S&C? How much better would we be if all of our guys were 15-20lbs heavier and not fatigued at the end of games?
We recruit beanpoles. It's really hard to put good weight and muscle onto a lot of the type of frames we recruit.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
We recruit beanpoles. It's really hard to put good weight and muscle onto a lot of the type of frames we recruit.

It's true. Absolute beanpoles. If you look at it, I happen to think that one of our better beanpoles, Jeremy Lamb , is playing better because he's actually muscular (bigger) now.
It took him about 5 NBA seasons to get there. Look how long it took Brimah and Facey to Gain muscle. Did Deandre ever get bigger at Uconn? We recruit kids that take 3 plus years to get bigger and stronger.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I’ve watched Cincy, WS, and Houston. Their players don’t look like ours. Muscular athletes that move well. Do we have that? Where do schools find these guys and why can’t we?
We got outmuscled by Arkansas . Simple as that.

Reaction Score
This is an old excuse. Give it up.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Our new S&C coach came from the Chicago Bulls. So I assume he knows what he is doing.

I equally perplexed at a guy like David O, with that incredible physique, not being a better player.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The kids need confidence and chemistry which can be taught. Almost none of those guys are going to put on weight. Carlton and Cobb slimmed down, big dave is a monster, diarra I could see adding muscle

Reaction Score
The kids need confidence and chemistry which can be taught. Almost none of those guys are going to put on weight. Carlton and Cobb slimmed down, big dave is a monster, diarra I could see adding muscle
Maybe Carlton can add some. If you can get yourself hired by a Div 1 school chances are you might know something.

Reaction Score
It is funny to see a bunch of posters, likely under 6 feet and under 175 pounds (or the opposite, fat) talking about how some 6'7 or 6 foot 10 guy is just "too small" or "not big enough" or something like that. Get real, these guys are HUGE, regardless of what you see on your TV or 500 or 1000 feet away in person..

Reaction Score
It is funny to see a bunch of posters, likely under 6 feet and under 175 pounds (or the opposite, fat) talking about how some 6'7 or 6 foot 10 guy is just "too small" or "not big enough" or something like that. Get real, these guys are HUGE, regardless of what you see on your TV or 500 or 1000 feet away in person..

Do we need to start adding "to play high major basketball" to every sentence?

We all know they're not normal. But the comp is bigger.

Get a grip, man. We're not talking about run of the mill CIAC highschool ballers here.

C

Chief00

This thread needs some chief.

Quite frankly, the S&C failure has been a significant problem the last few years. It’s not only Bigs, other teams are more muscular at other positions too. While we beat Columbia and Monmouth in OT we have guys playing the last few years like they are trying to conserve energy rather than letting it all hang out there from tip-off. I don’t have a read on the new S&C coach yet. Gee, I just started to get to know Carlos a little and in a blink of an eye, he was gone.
Part of our rebounding issues can be traced to S&C too.

Reaction Score
We're incredibly skinny and weak for a high major team and it's been going on for years. Big Dave is the one guy we brought in who looks like a big that other high majors have. Unfortunately he's a 5th year senior from Cornell who isn't meant to play basketball at this level.

What on earth does skinny or fat people commenting on it have to do with anything?

Reaction Score
We land what we can land. If we could have landed a beast like Ayton, Ollie probably would have sold one of his nutts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom