Streaming SNY in Cleveland Ohio | The Boneyard

Streaming SNY in Cleveland Ohio

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
Is anyone able to stream SNY outside of the New York, New England area. If so, with what carrier, aside from Direct TV.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Just for clarification...streaming is different than using a satellite service ala DirecTV.
Streaming is via your internet provider: cable, fiber optic, satellite, etc. If your internet provider is your cable/fiber optic provider and you have access to the ESPN network(s), then you have access to the ESPN app (ESPN3). ESPN3 would be your source for SNY games.
You would need to have a Smart TV or a device (Roku for example) in order to access the actual ESPN app.
I don't believe that anything on SNY other than games will be streamed via ESPN3 though. BUT I am not positive about this.

It is my understanding that the SNY games will be streamed on the ESPN app (ESPN3) and as long as you have access to ESPN, you have access to ESPN3.

Last edited:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I stream SNY using Playstation Vue. You don't need anything except an ISP and a Firestick or Roku. We also get all the TV channels we want. Playstation Vue costs $60 a month.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Games are streamed on ESPN+. $5/month. That's $25.00 a season, cheaper than one prime seat for one game. And there are endless basketball games. I'd imagine all the ACC and SEC games would also be there to watch.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Just for clarification...streaming is different than using a satellite service ala DirecTV.
Streaming is via your internet provider: cable, fiber optic, satellite, etc. If your internet provider is your cable/fiber optic provider and you have access to the ESPN network(s), then you have access to the ESPN app (ESPN3). ESPN3 would be your source for SNY games.
You would need to have a Smart TV or a device (Roku for example) in order to access the actual ESPN app.
I don't believe that anything on SNY other than games will be streamed via ESPN3 though. BUT I am not positive about this.

It is my understanding that the SNY games will be streamed on the ESPN app (ESPN3) and as long as you have access to ESPN, you have access to ESPN3.

The first regular season game against Cal is on SNY but not currently shown on the espn3 schedule. Seems like we go through this every year, i.e., wondering if the SNY games will be streamed. Hopefully we'll get clarification soon.

Reaction Score
The first regular season game against Cal is on SNY but not currently shown on the espn3 schedule. Seems like we go through this every year, i.e., wondering if the SNY games will be streamed. Hopefully we'll get clarification soon.

Yeah, this has me nervous, there are plenty of other games listed but not UConn!

Reaction Score
I stream SNY using Playstation Vue. You don't need anything except an ISP and a Firestick or Roku. We also get all the TV channels we want. Playstation Vue costs $60 a month.

Seeing as though PSVue is ending in January, I would recommend YoutubeTV to you as a replacement. It has a far better layout and interface, the picture is much better, and it is cheaper $49.99/month. I have YoutubeTV, Amazon Prime, and ESPN+ and could not be happier. For sports junkies it is heaven, I get virtually EVERY college football and basketball game in the country!

Reaction Score
FYI - Directv has 3 months free for their Sports Pak which gives you SNY . After 3 months = $13.99

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Well that isn't good news. I will admit that all the posts that I have made about SNY UConn WBB games being streamed on ESPN3 was based on it working this way last season and assumed (yeah, I know what that means) this season would be no different.

I saw on the SNY.tv site that for 2019, the NBCSports app will be streaming them...but it may be a region deal...

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom