Streaming options | The Boneyard

Streaming options

Reaction Score
Hello Boneyard!
Looking for recommendations for a way to stream Big East games. It doesn’t look like I can get SNY on any reasonably priced service. Is this correct? I don’t use my local cable for anything but UConn games. Thanks in advance!

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
There are quite a few variables that would affect your decision. However, I believe that you are correct in that SNY is not available for streaming in locations outside of their "viewing area". One exception is DirecTV who now offers a streaming service. No idea how it works or the pricing.
I could be mistaken but I believe that last season, all the games that were broadcasted on SNY were available for streaming via Fox Sports streaming. This is available on the majority of the big time streaming options.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
There are quite a few variables that would affect your decision. However, I believe that you are correct in that SNY is not available for streaming in locations outside of their "viewing area". One exception is DirecTV who now offers a streaming service. No idea how it works or the pricing.
I could be mistaken but I believe that last season, all the games that were broadcasted on SNY were available for streaming via Fox Sports streaming. This is available on the majority of the big time streaming options.
Unfortunately SNY, as part of DirecTV streaming service, is not part of all packages. You can check the regional networks available to you by entering your ZIP code HERE. (Click on the Regional, Sports & Local tab to enter your ZIP.) Regional networks are based on the ZIP code used for billing.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately SNY, as part of DirecTV streaming service, is not part of all packages. You can check the regional networks available to you by entering your ZIP code HERE. (Click on the Regional, Sports & Local tab to enter your ZIP.) Regional networks are based on the ZIP code used for billing.
I live in Colorado and Directv offers SNY. In fact, it is the only reason I haven’t switched to another system.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
You could be right.
Before I cut the cord a couple of years ago, DirecTV was my tv provider and at that time they didn't offer streaming. But they did offer a Sports Extra package that included SNY (I don't live anywhere near the SNY viewing area). I am not sure if DirecTV still offers this package or not. I was wondering if the Sports Extra satellite package was still offered, if the streaming service also offered those networks.
Caveat: I know nothing about the DirecTV streaming service...

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
YoutubeTV streaming service carries SNY as well as the BIG, ACC, and SEC networks.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
YoutubeTV streaming service carries SNY as well as the BIG, ACC, and SEC networks.
True but you can only get SNY if your zip code is in the SNY viewing area. (They do verify your location when you sign up.)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
True but you can only get SNY if your zip code is in the SNY viewing area. (They do verify your location when you sign up.)
Perhaps using a VPN will help in that.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Perhaps using a VPN will help in that.
I tried that and SNY was still not available on my YouTube TV, even with using NYC as the VPN server location.
As long as the SNY games are streamed on the Fox Sports app, that's good enough for me...even if they don't stream the pre and post game shows.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
If they were still in the AAC, the only way I would be able to see UConn games that were not on ESPN or other national channels would be on ESPN+ which is something I won't do. I get ESPN with my DISH subscription but I don't watch it much except for some women's basketball. I'm satisfied with the Big East and Fox Sports app, which is also part of my DISH.

Reaction Score
I live in NYC and am looking to dump my Spectrum cable because of the monthly cost. Usually watch UCONN on SNY.
As I recall, BE tournament was on Fox Sports, NCAA tournament was on ESPN. There was a game or two on CBSSports.
I suppose I can get the regular season games on the Fox Sports app and the NCAA on the ESPN app
It just so happens I will be moving down to Texas the first week in April 2022.
So with my NY apartment all packed up, I don't know how I'll be able to watch the NCAA until I get down to Corpus Christi.
Once I get settled I'll have cable,WiFi and a Smart TV.
Then I can watch them AFTERWARDS on YouTube. How can I keep from finding out the results beforehand?
How can I NOT WANT to know?
Actually I'll be flying down on 4/6/29022 so I may be able to watch on my tablet or phone if the plane has WiFi.
Maybe I can take a cab to the local sports bar here in Queens to watch the Semi and Final(April 3,4,5?). If they will switch one of the 14 TV's to the NCAA Women's game. At this point I refuse to contemplate there not being another NC game without the Huskies.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Moving in April, might as well stay with Spectrum and eliminate all this @%&# you are stressing about. This way you can sit in your lounge chair and watch the Huskies at your leisure.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I realize that it is waaaaay too early (we don't even know the starting 5 or who will get the most minutes) but has it been announced by SNY that again this season the streaming of their televised games will be available on the Fox Sports app? Was last season a 1 year deal or what?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I realize that it is waaaaay too early (we don't even know the starting 5 or who will get the most minutes) but has it been announced by SNY that again this season the streaming of their televised games will be available on the Fox Sports app? Was last season a 1 year deal or what?
I believe that it is an agreement between Fox Sports and SNY to carry all of SNY's televised games to non SNY coverage area's. ESPN had a similar agreement to have all of SNY's WBB games on ESPN3 while they were in the AAC.

Reaction Score
I live in NYC and am looking to dump my Spectrum cable because of the monthly cost. Usually watch UCONN on SNY.
As I recall, BE tournament was on Fox Sports, NCAA tournament was on ESPN. There was a game or two on CBSSports.
I suppose I can get the regular season games on the Fox Sports app and the NCAA on the ESPN app
It just so happens I will be moving down to Texas the first week in April 2022.
So with my NY apartment all packed up, I don't know how I'll be able to watch the NCAA until I get down to Corpus Christi.
Once I get settled I'll have cable,WiFi and a Smart TV.
Then I can watch them AFTERWARDS on YouTube. How can I keep from finding out the results beforehand?
How can I NOT WANT to know?
Actually I'll be flying down on 4/6/29022 so I may be able to watch on my tablet or phone if the plane has WiFi.
Maybe I can take a cab to the local sports bar here in Queens to watch the Semi and Final(April 3,4,5?). If they will switch one of the 14 TV's to the NCAA Women's game. At this point I refuse to contemplate there not being another NC game without the Huskies.
If you're dumping Spectrum. (you are in NYC currently)..I would suggest switch to YouTube TV. With YouTube TV you will get SNY and all the sports channels and you will be able to record all games to unlimited DVR. Once you move to Texas and setup, activate YouTube TV again with your account, all games played while you moved should be on DVR for you to watch.

Reaction Score
If you're dumping Spectrum. (you are in NYC currently)..I would suggest switch to YouTube TV. With YouTube TV you will get SNY and all the sports channels and you will be able to record all games to unlimited DVR. Once you move to Texas and setup, activate YouTube TV again with your account, all games played while you moved should be on DVR for you to watch.
Thank you, very much.
Nice thing about YouTube TV is the fact that I would only need it from November through March

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
FWIW, most (all?) of the big games will be on a national channel.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Thank you, very much.
Nice thing about YouTube TV is the fact that I would only need it from November through March
That what I do. Well August through April, so I get football as well.

Reaction Score
I believe that it is an agreement between Fox Sports and SNY to carry all of SNY's televised games to non SNY coverage area's. ESPN had a similar agreement to have all of SNY's WBB games on ESPN3 while they were in the AAC.
That’s right. I get SNY thru my Fox Sports App.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
FWIW, most (all?) of the big games will be on a national channel.
That may very well be true but I guess maybe I am in the minority here, but I want to be able to stream EVERY game LIVE! :rolleyes:
Also, IMHO, every game is a big game.

Reaction Score
I am in the SNY streaming area - I have it on my atlice service now just wanted to find something cheaper. We don’t watch much tv but need to be able to see the ladies live.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom