Streaming Games from the UK? | The Boneyard

Streaming Games from the UK?

Reaction Score
Does anybody know where I can watch the games from the UK? SNY is unavailable and you can only have a FOX subscription from the US so as an English fan it is becoming increasingly frustrating to be unable to watch the games. and have to keep up just by waiting for the stat sheet/box score to update.

Reaction Score
I stream from another country. I use ExpressVPN. That’s just the first step, though.

Once you have a VPN, you need to choose United States so it appears that your computer is in that country. Then you can subscribe to a U.S. provider that doesn’t need cable and that offers FS1 (FoxSports), like Hulu, Fubo, or Sling TV. The services won’t let you sign up unless it appears you are in the United States. Sling is the cheapest. It’s $35 for a package with FS1, and $50 for a package with FS1 and ESPN. Sunday’s game is on FS1, and Thursday’s game is on ESPN.

You can get some ESPN games on the ESPN Player app available in Europe (but not in the United States). That’s 10 euros in the Eurozone.

The way to get SNY is with Fox, but you need to have Sling or another provider first. On your computer you can go fox.com. There you create an account and then click TV Provider Sign In. You choose your provider, enter the provider user name (your e-mail address), and password. Then, finally, you can watch the game. It’s under the Sports tab. You can cast the game onto your TV from a Mac or a PC, or you can connect your computer to the TV with a cable.

If that’s not complicated enough, you can also download the Fox Now app, which includes the SPY games, on your phone or tablet. But the app is available only in the U.S. app store. You need to change the country of your phone, download the app, and then change your phone back to your home country. To use the app you need to install the VPN on your phone. Supposedly you can also cast the game from Fox Now to your TV, but it doesn’t work for me.

Reaction Score
I stream from another country. I use ExpressVPN. That’s just the first step, though.
I always have Norton 360 deluxe antivirus software and Norton has free VPN for almost all countries. Right now Norton 360 is on sale for $34.99/ year (original price $104.99/ year). So you can have an anti-virus protection and also free VPN.

Reaction Score
I always have Norton 360 deluxe antivirus software and Norton has free VPN for almost all countries. Right now Norton 360 is on sale for $34.99/ year (original price $104.99/ year). So you can have an anti-virus protection and also free VPN.
Norton 360 is great, too. To access Sling and other providers, as well as U.S. Netflix, you need a good VPN.

The game starts in an hour.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score

Once you have a VPN, you need to choose United States so it appears that your computer is in that country. Then you can subscribe to a U.S. provider that doesn’t need cable and that offers FS1 (FoxSports), like Hulu, Fubo, or Sling TV. The services won’t let you sign up unless it appears you are in the United States. Sling is the cheapest. It’s $35 for a package with FS1, and $50 for a package with FS1 and ESPN. Sunday’s game is on FS1, and Thursday’s game is on ESPN.

You can get some ESPN games on the ESPN Player app available in Europe (but not in the United States). That’s 10 euros in the Eurozone.

The way to get SNY is with Fox, but you need to have Sling or another provider first. On your computer you can go fox.com. There you create an account and then click TV Provider Sign In. You choose your provider, enter the provider user name (your e-mail address), and password. Then, finally, you can watch the game. It’s under the Sports tab. You can cast the game onto your TV from a Mac or a PC, or you can connect your computer to the TV with a cable.

If that’s not complicated enough, you can also download the Fox Now app, which includes the SPY games, on your phone or tablet. But the app is available only in the U.S. app store. You need to change the country of your phone, download the app, and then change your phone back to your home country. To use the app you need to install the VPN on your phone. Supposedly you can also cast the game from Fox Now to your TV, but it doesn’t work for me.
If using a VPN, can you select a location in NYC and then a cheap tv provider that carries SNY? If possible, you would not have to worry about the Fox Sports app.

Reaction Score
If using a VPN, can you select a location in NYC and then a cheap tv provider that carries SNY? If possible, you would not have to worry about the Fox Sports app.
Thanks for the idea.

I’m in Europe, and I spent time looking at the options. There aren’t many. From Europe you need a provider through the Internet, such as Hulu or Sling. I could not find a local New York non-cable option. Sling is only $35 a month. That’s considerably cheaper than the other options, though the other options offer more non-UConn programming.

Instead of using fox.com or the Fox Now app, I think you can use the NBC Sports app. That’s still going to require a TV provider. You can also connect to sny.tv if you have Fubo or Hulu, but those are twice the price.

If someone knows another way from Europe, I would be interested. But it will take more than a VPN.

Actually the cheapest option is to wait and hope the replay is on YouTube. I just checked. Last night’s game has not been posted.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Thanks for the idea.

I’m in Europe, and I spent time looking at the options. There aren’t many. From Europe you need a provider through the Internet, such as Hulu or Sling. I could not find a local New York non-cable option. Sling is only $35 a month. That’s considerably cheaper than the other options, though the other options offer more non-UConn programming.

Instead of using fox.com or the Fox Now app, I think you can use the NBC Sports app. That’s still going to require a TV provider. You can also connect to sny.tv if you have Fubo or Hulu, but those are twice the price.

If someone knows another way from Europe, I would be interested. But it will take more than a VPN.

Actually the cheapest option is to wait and hope the replay is on YouTube. I just checked. Last night’s game has not been posted.
The NBC Sports app can only be used if you have SNY. It is for SNY customers that happen to be out-of-market or don't have access to a tv.

The Seton Hall game is posted to MJL243's YouTube channel, I was just watching it on my phone.

Reaction Score
The NBC Sports app can only be used if you have SNY. It is for SNY customers that happen to be out-of-market or don't have access to a tv.

The Seton Hall game is posted to MJL243's YouTube channel, I was just watching it on my phone.
I just saw the replay and came back to correct myself. I did not try the NBC Sports app, so I guess that’s not an option. Thanks, Centerstream.

So we’re stuck with fox.com and Fox Now. Or YouTube.

Reaction Score
I chose to go with a free vpn that let me select NYC as my location and then got a Youtube TV subscription as it just seemed like the best option regarding not only SNY but the fact it also has ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN U and a couple of other channels that women's basketball in general tends to be streamed on :)

Reaction Score
Thanks for the idea.

I downloaded a free vpn and then got a subscription with Youtube TV. It is definitely not the cheapest option but it also has most ESPN channels as well so I have been able to cancel all of my other subscriptions and overall seems like the best option out of the limited few.

Reaction Score
I downloaded a free vpn and then got a subscription with Youtube TV. It is definitely not the cheapest option but it also has most ESPN channels as well so I have been able to cancel all of my other subscriptions and overall seems like the best option out of the limited few.
I’m glad you found a provider that works for you. I heard YouTube TV is great.

What VPN are you using? I haven’t had good luck with free VPNs. YouTube TV, Netflix, and other U.S. services monitor VPNs and regularly blacklist them, so a VPN might work one day but not another. If there were a good free VPN, I would consider switching.

It’s my understanding that you need a credit card connected to a U.S. address to use YouTube TV. Do you have a U.S. billing address, or were you able to subscribe without one?

Reaction Score
I’m glad you found a provider that works for you. I heard YouTube TV is great.

What VPN are you using? I haven’t had good luck with free VPNs. YouTube TV, Netflix, and other U.S. services monitor VPNs and regularly blacklist them, so a VPN might work one day but not another. If there were a good free VPN, I would consider switching.

It’s my understanding that you need a credit card connected to a U.S. address to use YouTube TV. Do you have a U.S. billing address, or were you able to subscribe without one?
I have 2 free VPN's and 99% of the time, if one of them doesn't work the other one does. I use PrivadoVPN (there is a free option and then an option to upgrade to premium but I just use the free one) and then I also have HolaVPN.

On hulu and fubo tv it said I needed a credit card connected to the US however with youtube TV I was able to subscribe with my normal card I just put the ZIP code as 10001 as that is a New York ZIP code :)

Reaction Score
I have 2 free VPN's and 99% of the time, if one of them doesn't work the other one does. I use PrivadoVPN (there is a free option and then an option to upgrade to premium but I just use the free one) and then I also have HolaVPN.

On hulu and fubo tv it said I needed a credit card connected to the US however with youtube TV I was able to subscribe with my normal card I just put the ZIP code as 10001 as that is a New York ZIP code :)
Thanks for telling me about PrivadoVPN and HolaVPN.

I tried Hulu and that worked with my French credit card. I’m fine for the moment with the $35 Sling package, but I might try YouTube TV someday now that I know I can.

Game starts in 15 minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom