Stranger Things on Netflix | The Boneyard

Stranger Things on Netflix

Reaction Score
I have seen some positive, early reviews for this show that starts mid-July on Netflix. The trailers definitely look intriguing.

Reaction Score
I am 3 episodes in and am enjoying it. It has a real 1980's era John Carpenter feel to it. Plus, when we were watching it, I got to explain to my kids how a rotary phone works, which was pretty funny despite making me feel ancient.

Reaction Score
I am 3 episodes in and am enjoying it. It has a real 1980's era John Carpenter feel to it. Plus, when we were watching it, I got to explain to my kids how a rotary phone works, which was pretty funny despite making me feel ancient.
Three episodes in as well. Really really well done show. I love how perfectly they capture the look and feel of the 80s. Phenomenal sound track as well.

Reaction Score
Finished it last night. Highly entertaining from start to finish. Surprised more of you haven't checked this out yet.

Reaction Score
Just finished it last night. Insanity. I have so many questions.

If you haven't started watching this show yet, start.

Reaction Score
Just finished it last night. Insanity. I have so many questions.

If you haven't started watching this show yet, start.
When can we start discussing these questions?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We watched 1 and 2 last night. Liking it. Great set designs!

The Pentax camera hit home with me.

Reaction Score
When can we start discussing these questions?
I want to give people here a chance to watch it first before I start throwing out spoilers. Also, I need to gather my thoughts on wtf happened.

Reaction Score
I'm in, stuck. Watched 6 episodes and I really can't believe I would like any series like this but it's really good. The kids are great especially Dustins character, Rider and Hopper are really good. Love the designs, the clothes, the cars, the neighborhood they showed when Lucas left his house was so 60's,70's it was great.

Other things I noticed:

The different sneakers the kids were wearing - brands that I saw were Nike, Puma and Spotbilt (remember Spotbilt made a run in this category mid-to-late 70's) waiting for some PF Flyers although they may have been gone by then.

The cars are great especially Lonnie's Cutlass 442 but the Pinto, Monte Carlo, Riviera's and such in the background brings back some great memories.

Matthew Bodine played in a big 80's movie "Vision Quest" which had a real good soundtrack also so I'm wondering if there's any crossover on songs now that he's an older doctor?

Waiting to hear the questions just a few more episodes then I will read again.

Reaction Score
I'm not the biggest sci-fi fan in the world, but this show is so enjoyable to watch. I can't even explain why, but I just enjoyed every episode.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
4 episodes in. Thank you @billythekid for starting the topic.

Rider is killing it as a mother pushed over the brink.

My wife instantly got the Tales From the Darkside vibe. Hoping to enter the spoiler thread by Friday.

Reaction Score

My wife instantly got the Tales From the Darkside vibe. Hoping to enter the spoiler thread by Friday.

me too, its getting lonely in there

Reaction Score

The toughest part for me is that I promised my Dad and brother-in-law that I would watch with them when I head to Atlanta next month, so I've been unable to watch any of the episodes yet. I appreciate folks keeping the spoilers to the other thread. Glad the show is as intriguing as the trailer made it look.

Reaction Score
Watched first 2 episodes last night, liking it a lot. As mentioned above, the kids are really good in it. Definitely takes me back to when I was that age, arepa d the same time

Reaction Score
My wife and I started last night. Now we're five episodes in. We got back from our trip, finished Orange, and then I was going to start Bojack Season 3 (love that show), but enough from this thread and Facebook let me take a shot on it, especially since I've been hankering for something with an X-Files vibe (that wasn't the reboot).

Excited to finish in the next day or two and jump in the spoilers thread.

Reaction Score
. Some guys I know made a song about Stranger Things and their love of Barb.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Watched this from start to finish in a week.... Fantastic show and did the 80's proud. Music was chosen well and it was shot like it was made during that time. Brought back great memories and f my son was older I would say it a rarely showed what life was like back then.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Watched episodes 1-3 last night with my wife and daughter and it was much the same. They miss the time period slightly, and the cars are too early-mid 70's for the early 80's but overall it's fun and really well done. The kids are pretty good actors. Liking it so far.

Reaction Score
Watched episodes 1-3 last night with my wife and daughter and it was much the same. They miss the time period slightly, and the cars are too early-mid 70's for the early 80's but overall it's fun and really well done. The kids are pretty good actors. Liking it so far.
Are they? My sense is that small town America wasn't always up to date with cars, especially some of the people who were very clearly less wealthy.

http://jalopnik.com/the-cars-of-stranger-things-are-as-perfect-as-the-show-1784727336

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Are they? My sense is that small town America wasn't always up to date with cars, especially some of the people who were very clearly less wealthy.

http://jalopnik.com/the-cars-of-stranger-things-are-as-perfect-as-the-show-1784727336

Jalopnik always gets a lot of things wrong. Most of the cars are ok. But they miss that 1983 (my Junior year of HS) would have had a much higher number of little economy cars coming off the energy crisis. The years leading up to 1983 were what put Honda and Toyota on the map in the U.S. There should be lots of little Accords, Civics, Celicas, and Datsuns around, even in small town Indiana. My guess is that there are very few of them available, those cars all had huge rust problems.

I love that 442. In 1983 I got my first car, a convertible 1970 Cutlass Supreme.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom