Storrs Center Construction | The Boneyard

Storrs Center Construction

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
this summer they are finalizing the final commercial part of the Storrs Center- rumor has it there might be a brewery opening in Storrs Center?

Main Street Homes is a residential neighborhood designed for professors/staff which I've long said is necessary to help grow Storrs. Having the staff and professors living in Storrs is a huge advantage to the potential increased development of the area.

Keep up with all the construction and the leasing options here:

www.storrscenter.com

storrscenterconstruction.blogspot.com

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Getting Storrs Center established was huge for the university. It is much more of a college town now.

Maybe we should buy one of the units for a Boneyard meeting place? (And to be clear, by "we" I mean one of you...)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
As a resident, I'm absolutely overjoyed to have a place like this in Storrs. A huge chunk of the time I spend in town is in that area -- best thing that's happened here in a long time. The town needs an economic center to continue to thrive and support both the university and residents.

If anyone of you have any questions about ongoing development, I live with a member of the BoD for the Downtown Partnership, so while I can't share anything confidential I can do my best to provide updates on certain things.

Drew

Reaction Score
As a resident, I'm absolutely overjoyed to have a place like this in Storrs. A huge chunk of the time I spend in town is in that area -- best thing that's happened here in a long time. The town needs an economic center to continue to thrive and support both the university and residents.

If anyone of you have any questions about ongoing development, I live with a member of the BoD for the Downtown Partnership, so while I can't share anything confidential I can do my best to provide updates on certain things.

Whats going on with this supposed brewery? Last I heard there was one set to go in along with a sit down wings place- Wing Stop I believe it was called- which is similar to a Buffalo Wild Wings?

Also I know there's another thread about this but any updates on the potential for a hotel in the area?

EDIT: Also wanted to add this. Are there plans to add in back roads or back entrances to Storrs Center to encourage patrons going to and from the shops in there to avoid Storrs Road. There's already enough congestion on Storrs Road as is and there are a ton of back roads behind the shopping center I used to use all the time to avoid traffic between 3-7pm on Storrs Road.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Whats going on with this supposed brewery? Last I heard there was one set to go in along with a sit down wings place- Wing Stop I believe it was called- which is similar to a Buffalo Wild Wings?

Also I know there's another thread about this but any updates on the potential for a hotel in the area?

EDIT: Also wanted to add this. Are there plans to add in back roads or back entrances to Storrs Center to encourage patrons going to and from the shops in there to avoid Storrs Road. There's already enough congestion on Storrs Road as is and there are a ton of back roads behind the shopping center I used to use all the time to avoid traffic between 3-7pm on Storrs Road.

Am currently traveling, but I will ask as soon as I get the chance.

Reaction Score
@Drew My only concern with putting in a bar/brewery would be the backlash from parents at EO Smith..the proximity to the HS may cause an issue with underage kids

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score

Looking forward to hearing the answer. Storrs Center desperately needs a brew pub. A 30,000 student University and surrounding town have less than 5 places to gather and watch sporting events/enjoy each others company (with beers). It's a market that could see revenue for sure.

Drew

Reaction Score

Hi Stairmaster, just checking in to see if there was any update on this? Looking forward to any information you may have!

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Hi Stairmaster, just checking in to see if there was any update on this? Looking forward to any information you may have!
Would probably help to tag him @Stairmaster. Pretty sure that sends a notification to his inbox.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Sorry for the delay. I got some pushback after I asked about the brewpub, so I'll have to spread your request out over time. The demand is something that they are aware of, however there are certain issues with local ordinances that could complicate it. My personal guess is that it'll end up happening down the road, but it isn't priority #1 - that would be filling out and finding tenants for currently existing spaces. More to come soon.

Reaction Score
@Drew My only concern with putting in a bar/brewery would be the backlash from parents at EO Smith..the proximity to the HS may cause an issue with underage kids
It would be border line insane for a parent who is worried about underage drinking to raise their kid next to a university known for partying. However, I wouldn't be surprised if some people complain.

Drew

Reaction Score
Sorry for the delay. I got some pushback after I asked about the brewpub, so I'll have to spread your request out over time. The demand is something that they are aware of, however there are certain issues with local ordinances that could complicate it. My personal guess is that it'll end up happening down the road, but it isn't priority #1 - that would be filling out and finding tenants for currently existing spaces. More to come soon.

Thanks for the update, definitely going to need something over there if the new hockey arena goes at the Mansfield Apartments location as expected

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Just drove down 195 - Wing Stop has all of its signage up and the interior looks furnished. If it hasn't opened yet, it should soon.

Reaction Score
There used to be a bar directly across the street from EOS HS. It was there for decades with much notice or doing any damage.

Drew

Reaction Score
@Stairmaster any new updates regarding Storrs Center/Future tenants? They should be about done with construction now correct?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
@Stairmaster any new updates regarding Storrs Center/Future tenants? They should be about done with construction now correct?

Just a heads up, due to some new circumstances I have to be fairly careful with what I say and how I say it.

Re. brewpub: the discussion is becoming a little more concrete. There's one specific potential owner who's being looked at. The people in position to make decisions want to see it happen and will most likely be willing to revisit any ordinances standing in its way. If I had to guess, it's not a matter of if but when.

I'm arriving back in Storrs tonight so I can also take a ride up and down 195 and report if any new businesses have been there since this summer.

Reaction Score
Stairmaster

Is there any capacity to do a strip of retail near the intersection of N. Eagleville Road and Hunting Lodge Road?

Reaction Score
Just a heads up, due to some new circumstances I have to be fairly careful with what I say and how I say it.

Re. brewpub: the discussion is becoming a little more concrete. There's one specific potential owner who's being looked at. The people in position to make decisions want to see it happen and will most likely be willing to revisit any ordinances standing in its way. If I had to guess, it's not a matter of if but when.

I'm arriving back in Storrs tonight so I can also take a ride up and down 195 and report if any new businesses have been there since this summer.

What are the chances of a hotel landing in stores center?

Reaction Score
The rumors are hotels are looking at the intersection of 44 and 195. Of course, that begs the regional question of water & sewer.

Drew

Reaction Score
Wouldn't it make more sense to put hotels in the new area that connects 44 to campus, where the technology park will be? There appears to be a ton of land

Reaction Score
To my knowledge, that land is all the University's & part of the Masterplan. You're not going to see this University get involved with Hotel development. Further, accessibility & visability - wise, 195 & 44 Intersection is better.

There's a coming Surge in interest. There is at lots of campuses. We shall see what happens.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Hopefully they can clear up all the dirty dirt on that corner of 195 & 44. From what I know, its funky town underneath all that pavement.

Reaction Score
To my knowledge, that land is all the University's & part of the Masterplan. You're not going to see this University get involved with Hotel development. Further, accessibility & visability - wise, 195 & 44 Intersection is better.

There's a coming Surge in interest. There is at lots of campuses. We shall see what happens.

Wasn't the Nathan Hale a university project? So, there would be some history of UConn getting involved, no?

The old Kathy John's site would make a lot of sense from a convenient standpoint but doesn't Storrs Center make the most sense for a hotel?

Reaction Score

And the good response should be, they are high school students, why would parent allow them to go there in the first place? Husky Blue was in the old plaza back in my time and there were very few underage problems there. The Upper Deck on the other hand...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom