Storm @ Sun - 8/08/17 | The Boneyard

Storm @ Sun - 8/08/17

Reaction Score
daily.jpg

Reaction Score
We were there for the first half and watched KML go on a tear. 12 points in a row. Inside, outside. Unstoppable. Storm up by 11 at halftime and yet lost? SMH.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
We were there for the first half and watched KML go on a tear. 12 points in a row. Inside, outside. Unstoppable. Storm up by 11 at halftime and yet lost? SMH.

Why did you leave?? The Storm have a habit of folding late and the Sun have shown they don't give up. The script was almost pre-written.

psconn

Reaction Score
Just back from the Arena. I yelled myself horse, but I can still write despite fingers swollen from clapping! Another BIG Sun win and this one with Captain Jas styling on the bench in streeties.

Courtney Williams couldn't throw the ball in the ocean to start, but finishes with 27 points on 57% shooting... amazing game for her.

JJ was battling HARD inside and came away as the dominant post in the game again... 20p, 14r, 3a, 3bs and 2st... a Bahamian Beast!!

AT's 8 rebounds and 17 points were big too. She gets an incredible amount of contact without whistles while shooting, but it cuts both ways usually. Just an unbelievably physical player at a small 6'2".

I have to mention one of the main catalysts to the comeback - Shekinna Stricklen. Her shooting slump continues (she got the bagel on 4 3pt attempts). Geno always says if your shot isn't falling find another way to help the team win. Strick did that tonight with key rebounds (5) and steals (5) down the stretch. Along with Courtney's heroics, she really provided an emotional lift that helped the Sun out of the doldrums.

Curt Miller is Coach of the Year [PERIOD]. It is so much fun going to game this year (and most of last year too). Just an amazing turn around from the dark ages (2013-2015). I ❤️ our team. :D

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
How are the Storm so bad?? They have Stewart, Loyd and Bird....I know their support cast isn't as strong, but with those three you'd think they'd at least be a playoff squad. They've now lost 4 straight and none of them have been very close.

psconn

Reaction Score
If the Storm loses this game..... they should fire their coach on the floor at the end of the game.... dont even let her back in the locker room :cool:

I actually feel bad for the players. There is more than enough talent on the Storm to be a solid playoff team. They are going to pick up another really good player in the draft (conceivably another #1) and they don't deserve it. They'll be stacked with crazy talent for the next coach.

Reaction Score
One thing I noticed about the Storm in the second half. They were very poor at swinging the ball to the other side of the court. It seems at times their team play evaporates. When KML got in the game there seemed to be no effort to get her a shot (while Ct was feeding Courtney when she wasn't creating! )
Love the intensity Sun can bring to defense! I agree that the Storm should be better with the players they have. Have to wonder how frustrated Geno got watching.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I have to think that the reason why KML was pulled from the game when she was not only hitting shots but playing aggressively in other ways is a conditioning issue. The Sun may be the fastest team in the league, and it probably would have been difficult for her to play at that pace for extended minutes. But she certainly played a top-notch game when she was in the game.

Reaction Score
Refs are very very bad ... to Storm
I was very surprised that CT was getting some of the calls they got. That wasn't the only reason the Storm lost, but even looking through my homer's eyes, I saw that the calls got one-sided.

Reaction Score
How are the Storm so bad?? They have Stewart, Loyd and Bird....I know their support cast isn't as strong, but with those three you'd think they'd at least be a playoff squad. They've now lost 4 straight and none of them have been very close.
Seems like it must be coaching. They avoided the paint like JJ was Britney Griner and took 28 threes. Either a bad game plan or bad execution. KML was working well inside and out, so the coach kept her on the bench for the most part. At this point, I'll be shocked if the coach is back next year. She probably shouldn't last the rest of the season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't think that Jenny gets the most out of her team, and she doesn't use Kaleena well.

Sue is a proven pro, and Stewie is a star. Jewell still has a tendency to play one-on-one. She needs to improve on that.

Langhorne and Clark have limitations. Their second unit is extremely scoring challenged. If Kaleena were on the floor more with Sue and Stewie, they would get her the ball in good spots. She averages 9.1 mpg, but shoots 58.1% overall, 53.8% from the arc, and 100% from the line. She's a superior scorer who is grossly underutilized.

Reaction Score
I don't think that Jenny gets the most out of her team, and she doesn't use Kaleena well.

Sue is a proven pro, and Stewie is a star. Jewell still has a tendency to play one-on-one. She needs to improve on that.

Langhorne and Clark have limitations. Their second unit is extremely scoring challenged. If Kaleena were on the floor more with Sue and Stewie, they would get her the ball in good spots. She averages 9.1 mpg, but shoots 58.1% overall, 53.8% from the arc, and 100% from the line. She's a superior scorer who is grossly underutilized.
I've said many times the coach has to go, she doesn't have the ability to be a head coach right now. Seattle was almost last in rebounding last year, and they still are. Why is it that every wing, or guard has a career scoring day against the Storm? Sue at least has a bit of an excuse, she is 36, Jewell, and Alyssa get lit up all the time. Stewie picks up fouls because of their bad defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom