Storm @ Sky - 9/03/17 | The Boneyard

Storm @ Sky - 9/03/17

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Coach Gary is resting Sue. Noelle starts for her, and Kaleena starts for Alysha.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Breanna was Breanna (very good with 29 pts 8rbs 2BS and team best +21) but KML could not hit any open 3's and fouls so often. She had starters minutes and did not make the most of it. It is frustrating because when she is in, she looks like she knows more than most how to play offense and move but Head bangHead bang

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Breanna was Breanna (very good with 29 pts 8rbs 2BS and team best +21) but KML could not hit any open 3's and fouls so often. She had starters minutes and did not make the most of it. It is frustrating because when she is in, she looks like she knows more than most how to play offense and move but Head bangHead bang
K's shot has been off. Some of the fouls are cheap and could be avoided (or not called). I think she needs more reps. It's obvious on the floor that she is nowhere near 6'.

Reaction Score
Just having her on the floor creates space for Stewie, and Jewell, which enabled the Storm to come back. If KML can get her defense up to par, it would help the storm become a better team. They need to get someone like Russell in the draft, to give Stewie some help rebounding, and another defensive presence.

Reaction Score
Just having her on the floor creates space for Stewie, and Jewell, which enabled the Storm to come back. If KML can get her defense up to par, it would help the storm become a better team. They need to get someone like Russell in the draft, to give Stewie some help rebounding, and another defensive presence.
Do you think Russell will be available? If projections are correct, Seattle is the 5 pick overall. My top 5: Aja Wilson, Diamond Deshields, Gabby, Billings/Russell, Russell/Billings.

Reaction Score
Do you think Russell will be available? If projections are correct, Seattle is the 5 pick overall. My top 5: Aja Wilson, Diamond Deshields, Gabby, Billings/Russell, Russell/Billings.
I hope so, she can catch, and score inside, would be a defensive presence, when Stewie was on the perimeter. Russell can score inside, with Stewie, and Jewell, there would be no double teams, and she is a good rebounder, a great fit for Seattle.

Reaction Score

Mitchell? Any thoughts on Azura Stevens entering the draft early? She may play the Allisha Gray/Kaela Davis role this year and parlay a one year transfer and championship into a high draft pick.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering if any of y'all actually watched very many of I don't even want to say her name's games? Not only is she slow but she doesn't seem to have much in the way of shall I charitably,
say, energy? I really don't see how adding her to a roster that has a screaming need for a strong inside presence is going to do much to alleviate said need.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I hope so, she can catch, and score inside, would be a defensive presence, when Stewie was on the perimeter. Russell can score inside, with Stewie, and Jewell, there would be no double teams, and she is a good rebounder, a great fit for Seattle.

Seattle would be better off with Billings than Russell. Much more athletic... high motor .... can run the floor better....... better upside (in my opinion)

Reaction Score
Russell, IMHO, has been getting away on a reputation from HS that is WAYYYYYY over-rated! She has never played up to the rep! She did show improvement but that was because of the foot operations early at TN. Her play is average at best!

Reaction Score
Didn't Russell play well enough to make the U23 team? From the highlights I saw she was playing well against K.Brown, M.Billings etc. I also think she is average ~14-15ppg? That's not bad for a slow, lazy low effort center.
This year will be crucial for her. If TN can get her the ball a little more now that DD is gone.She may just surprise a few people. I am looking forward to her matching up against A'ja.

But yes @triaddukefan I think Billings is tons more athletic center with a lot more up potential as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom