Stop the madness | The Boneyard

Stop the madness

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
It's just as damning for our Offensive Line's run blocking. Often, he literally has nowhere to run.

Reaction Score
Wrong offensive line for that. The line can't be getting better working against this D either. I don't see Mensah as the weak link here Whaler.

Reaction Score
13 for 21 long of 5.

Maybe we stop pretending that running Mensah like he is Todman is going to work?

Omg stop.

13 carries. LONG 5.
I've tried to be nice and tell people I don't see it. He works hard. How he ever passed the kid that left based off what we have seen in games boggles the mind.

Reaction Score
Optimism is key gentlemen!!! Keep your eyes on the prize and remain positive. Our glorious day in the sun is soon to come!

Reaction Score
Wrong offensive line for that. The line can't be getting better working against this D either. I don't see Mensah as the weak link here Whaler.
He’s not a great running back. He runs laterally and doesn’t seem to have the ability to find holes. I’d like to Xavier get the rock a lot more.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
going up the middle with him in 1st playbafter each Memphis score. Silly

Reaction Score
I dont know why they try to run him wide. It's like Diaco used to do with Ron Johnson. This makes as much sense.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've tried to be nice and tell people I don't see it. He works hard. How he ever passed the kid that left based off what we have seen in games boggles the mind.

I don’t even care who is at blame. 9 of the 21 yards came on 1st and 2nd from their own 5 when Memphis had stopped playing.

It’s wasted downs that pins them behind the sticks.

I get Edsall is a pansy who wants to lose 55-14 instead of 69-14 but it’s disgraceful.

Reaction Score
I don’t even care who is at blame. 9 of the 21 yards came on 1st and 2nd from their own 5 when Memphis had stopped playing.

I get Edsall is a pansy who wants to lose 55-14 instead of 69-14 but it’s disgraceful.
Edsall has always coached that way. Even in his glory days. Nursing a late lead at a game at Rutgers, he ran it 3 straight times for like 2yds. In the post game presser he stated running it on 3rd and 9 was a trick play because they expect you to pass it there. To steal your word its the hubris.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Edsall has always coached that way. Even in his glory days. Nursing a late lead at a game at Rutgers, he ran it 3 straight times for like 2yds. In the post game presser he stated running it on 3rd and 9 was a trick play because they expect you to pass it there. To steal your word its the hubris.

He should have asked the refs to play running clock in the second half. He showed zero interest in even trying to compete.

I guess everyone gets magically better. Why even waste the money going to Tampa. Just forfeit and save the travel per diem.

Reaction Score
taffer.gif

Reaction Score
He should have asked the refs to play running clock in the second half. He showed zero interest in even trying to compete.

I guess everyone gets magically better. Why even waste the money going to Tampa. Just forfeit and save the travel per diem.

Really harsh, and you should be ashamed of yourselfS!!!

The team is playing and they compete as hard as they can. They risk their bodies and are exposed to inury each play. Again you should be ashamed.

I've played a lot of hockey. Played for college championships at D3, and won a couple summer championshis agaist better D3 competiton i(when I was 16 years and older) But I think 1 year our team sucked during summer) and we got smashed by West Haven, Springfield, and Hamden (to name a few). But we never gave up, we just lost each game, rather badly. But we played hard. Next year. with an Swedish import named Nats Nasland (14 or 15 years old) and a friend of his and we won the league.

But the point is this - the players for UConn are straaapping it up, risking life and limb, and getting smashed. But I know they are competitors and will be back for more. I have such respect for each one. Seriously you fip the coach and team ship? They are striving and god willing setting the foundation for another Fiesta bowl run.

The school needs to find the football equivalent of a 15 year old Nats Naslund.

i

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Really harsh, and you should be ashamed of yourselfS!!!

The team is playing and they compete as hard as they can. They risk their bodies and are exposed to inury each play. Again you should be ashamed.

I've played a lot of hockey. Played for college championships at D3, and won a couple summer championshis agaist better D3 competiton i(when I was 16 years and older) But I think 1 year our team sucked during summer) and we got smashed by West Haven, Springfield, and Hamden (to name a few). But we never gave up, we just lost each game, rather badly. But we played hard. Next year. with an Swedish import named Nats Nasland (14 or 15 years old) and a friend of his and we won the league.

But the point is this - the players for UConn are straaapping it up, risking life and limb, and getting smashed. But I know they are competitors and will be back for more. I have such respect for each one. Seriously you fip the coach and team ship? They are striving and god willing setting the foundation for another Fiesta bowl run.

The school needs to find the football equivalent of a 15 year old Nats Naslund.

i

Did you watch the game? The coach quits at halftime.

Reaction Score
Did you watch the game? The coach quits at halftime.

HCRE is not a quiter. "Not in his DNA>

It may be dark times now, and we have to deal with that. Not sure if Texas, or "Nebraska are simmmmmilar situations.

Y"es ts really frustrating, yes frustrating

Reaction Score

It may be dark times now, and we have to deal with that. Not sure if Texas, or "Nebraska are simmmmmilar situations.

Punting from the plus side of the field with our defense is outright lunacy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Well he quit at halftime today. Waved a white flag, so Memphis stopped playing too. Exciting stuff - running out the last 30 minutes on runs into the line because UConn has no interest in competing.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am not sure UConn football wins another game this year. I hope I am wrong, but that was another disgusting display to say the least.

Reaction Score
Memphis and Temple have their rosters going as if turnover still leads to beefy replacements. We once had that going. Hope Randy succeeds in reeetablishing that. And hope Diaco gets permanently shunned by fellow coaches.

Reaction Score
Punting from the plus side of the field with our defense is outright lunacy.
Really, whats the difference to an opponent's O starting at their 42 or 12? Even the total yard stats would look better.

Reaction Score
Optimism is key gentlemen!!! Keep your eyes on the prize and remain positive. Our glorious day in the sun is soon to come!
yup, keep digging through the horse manure...................that pony is in there somewhere. Lol

Reaction Score
13 for 21 long of 5.

Maybe we stop pretending that running Mensah like he is Todman is going to work?

Omg stop.

13 carries. LONG 5.
Yeah. When you offer no real threat in the throw game and your O Line can’t open holes consistently then it’s tough sledding for any RB to get going. The defensive box can just sit on run and fly downhill and stuff you.
But as they say in football, you have to commit to running the football.
Unforunately, from a complimentary football perspective, our receivers are not winning their battles consistently. This hurts the running game

Reaction Score

Ok. Now I see your point.
It’s a fair one

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom