Stony Brook Noon kickoff on SNY... | The Boneyard

Stony Brook Noon kickoff on SNY...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just hope we can wear them out... I'm talking total domination. We should look consistently dominant on both sides of the ball against this team. If we don't then any optimism of a bowl season will be in doubt. Either way, I'm ready for some UCONN football (can we get a 2015 commit already!!!!)... Sorry guys, just venting a little. Been a fan since I was a student 25 years ago... I see promise in this program. We're right there, almost turning the corner

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I just hope we can wear them out... I'm talking total domination. We should look consistently dominant on both sides of the ball against this team. If we don't then any optimism of a bowl season will be in doubt. Either way, I'm ready for some UCONN football (can we get a 2015 commit already!!!!)...

Apparently we can -> Linky

Reaction Score
I just hope we can wear them out... I'm talking total domination. We should look consistently dominant on both sides of the ball against this team. If we don't then any optimism of a bowl season will be in doubt. Either way, I'm ready for some UCONN football (can we get a 2015 commit already!!!!)... Sorry guys, just venting a little. Been a fan since I was a student 25 years ago... I see promise in this program. We're right there, almost turning the corner
Almost turned the corner>>>>ALMOST. A win would be fantastic CR wise and for statewide enthusiasm. Same for the Boise State game. But "total domination?", I just don't see it. I don't even see a win. We are reloading with a new, competent coach, but it takes time.

Reaction Score
The Stony Brook game will be a much better measuring stick as to where we are as a program than the BYU game will be. Lord help me I want us to beat BYU, but realistically, the only thing I really want to see is good, disciplined, mentally tough football played by our UCONN guys from start to finish. No evidence of partial effort. No dumb mental mistakes and penalties. just good football. Win or lose against BYU - that's what I want. Obviously, I want the win - but the outcome is in question, and highly likely not favorable for us based purely on physical matchups and seniority/experience before the first whistle even blows.

Stony Brook, though, is a game, that the outcome should be highly expected to be a win in our favor, based on the same kinds of things before the first whistle - physical matchups, seniority, etc. We had a major fall off in football performance on the field, and coaching, and leadership and preparation and attitude and mentality and all of that, in the past 3 seasons, but I do not believe our recruiting fell through floor so much, as that we are overmatched, or even, evenly matched by a program like Stony Brook.

Look - if we are physically, size and speed, and strength wise on par, or below Stony Brook - we've got a several year uphill climb ahead of us. It's that simple. I hope that we do come out and destroy Stony Brook.

Reaction Score
The Stony Brook game will be a much better measuring stick as to where we are as a program than the BYU game will be. Lord help me I want us to beat BYU, but realistically, the only thing I really want to see is good, disciplined, mentally tough football played by our UCONN guys from start to finish. No evidence of partial effort. No dumb mental mistakes and penalties. just good football. Win or lose against BYU - that's what I want. Obviously, I want the win - but the outcome is in question, and highly likely not favorable for us based purely on physical matchups and seniority/experience before the first whistle even blows.

Stony Brook, though, is a game, that the outcome should be highly expected to be a win in our favor, based on the same kinds of things before the first whistle - physical matchups, seniority, etc. We had a major fall off in football performance on the field, and coaching, and leadership and preparation and attitude and mentality and all of that, in the past 3 seasons, but I do not believe our recruiting fell through floor so much, as that we are overmatched, or even, evenly matched by a program like Stony Brook.

Look - if we are physically, size and speed, and strength wise on par, or below Stony Brook - we've got a several year uphill climb ahead of us. It's that simple. I hope that we do come out and destroy Stony Brook.
I was only referencing the BYU and Boise State games. Stony Brook is an FCS school we should and better bury. The Towson State game last year was a killer and defined us as low tier FBS, actually one of the crappiest BCS schools (technically). We never recovered, though if we had pulled out the Michigan game....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was only referencing the BYU and Boise State games. Stony Brook is an FCS school we should and better bury. The Towson State game last year was a killer and defined the team as low tier FBS.

It was while sitting in the stands for that opening game last season, where reality of what Pasqualoni's stewardship of the program had done to the program, really hit me. It was not fun. There was hope at the end of 2012, that things were turning around, and the coaching transition through 2011 had been successful. To be fair, Ambrose had that team well prepared, and their physical and talent level was not shabby. It wasn't the matchups that caused us to lose, though, we were still the physically better matchup, it was undisciplined and weak football. They were the better prepared team, and that is the only consistent theme of the past 3 seasons under Pasqualoni - we were consistently - the lesser prepared team. Physically and mentally.

That's what I expect to change this season - whether or not we have the physical talent to compete with our competition - that will be answered very clearly in wins and losses - as long as we are a good football team in preparation, physically and mentally, leading to good game day performance.

Reaction Score
It was while sitting in the stands for that opening game last season, where reality of what Pasqualoni's stewardship of the program had done to the program, really hit me. It was not fun. There was hope at the end of 2012, that things were turning around, and the coaching transition through 2011 had been successful. To be fair, Ambrose had that team well prepared, and their physical and talent level was not shabby. It wasn't the matchups that caused us to lose, though, we were still the physically better matchup, it was undisciplined and weak football. They were the better prepared team, and that is the only consistent theme of the past 3 seasons under Pasqualoni - we were consistently - the lesser prepared team. Physically and mentally.

That's what I expect to change this season - whether or not we have the physical talent to compete with our competition - that will be answered very clearly in wins and losses - as long as we are a good football team in preparation, physically and mentally, leading to good game day performance.
No arguments from me about the ineptitude of Pasqualoni. I do not see Stony Brook as trouble for us, I don't think the new coaching staff will let that happen.

I also believe we will prove that we belong on the same field as BYU and Boise State, but we certainly are not going to dominate either of them and may eek out a win, or God willing, 2. Now THAT would be impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBF

Top Bottom