Stoner had it correct | The Boneyard

Stoner had it correct

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I've been a KO apologist since he started, but what they hell does he do to fire this team up? This garbage wouldn't fly with calhoun, and he certainly wouldn't be pouting on the bench.
I'll never understand people who blame the coach for not firing up the team. If you're playing and you can't get excited and ready to play on your own then don't play. Ollie isn't the one play soft defense letting their guy just score at will or not boxing out

Reaction Score
I'll never understand people who blame the coach for not firing up the team. If you're playing and you can't get excited and ready to play on your own then don't play. Ollie isn't the one play soft defense letting their guy just score at will or not boxing out
But what one earth are they running on offense? Thats all on Ollie

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Ollie is the guy who can say "not ready to play? take a seat on the bench instead"

Reaction Score

Yes, the coach is not responsible for being rah-rah, etc. But if the team is CONSISTENTLY slow out of the gate, look unprepared, lethargic and everything else then a big part of that has to be on the coach.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Are we sure this team loves basketball?

Reaction Score
Our offense is so rudimentary obvious, even Walton caught on..."4 straight 3's from UCONN to start the 2nd half and this is a ballgame".

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Look at all these reactionaries being reactionary. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
It just dawned on me, our perimeter defenders still still Brimah is back their to clean up there mess, I realized it on Ark's last possession Adams was overplaying the guy and basically forced him baseline as if a shot blocker would be coming over to throw or change whatever shot was going up. This has happened a bunch during the 1st half, not to mention being out hustled and out worked for rebounds all half. Also we can't be trading making 1 of 2 free throws for a 3 like we did for half the 1st half and expect to get back into this game.

Reaction Score
Atrocious effort to start a big game.

This is KO's program. If it's not his responsibility to get the guys fired up in the locker room, it's his responsibility to instill an attitude of accountability among the players, or to get players who bring passion from the get-go.

Reaction Score
Nope, you are simply being reactionary if you are even remotely upset by the play you are seeing right now. Save it for the offseason.

How can it be reactionary when we've been watching the same script play out year after year. At least part of you has to acknowledge that this may not get better.

Reaction Score
Excuses for Ollie have run out. Let’s be real honest, he had a great run in March 2014 (and even that team wasn’t that great during the season). Other than that? It’s been downright awful basketball. No sense of preparation, no working the officials, no sets, no time-outs at the right times, etc. I was a huge Ollie supporter but even I’ve basically given up on him as the coach. It’s been 3+ years of the same thing.

As I said in the game thread, he’s better off in a mid-major before stepping back up to a high end D1 job. If we don’t make the NCAA this year, I’m sorry, but AD Dave has to make a change.

Reaction Score
Excuses for Ollie have run out. Let’s be real honest, he had a great run in March 2014 (and even that team wasn’t that great during the season). Other than that? It’s been downright awful basketball. No sense of preparation, no working the officials, no sets, no time-outs at the right times, etc. I was a huge Ollie supporter but even I’ve basically given up on him as the coach. It’s been 3+ years of the same thing.

As I said in the game thread, he’s better off in a mid-major before stepping back up to a high end D1 job. If we don’t make the NCAA this year, I’m sorry, but AD Dave has to make a change.

Agreed. Honestly, what would Jim Calhoun's record be with the 2014 team? They would've had <5 losses IMO.

Reaction Score
Our offense is so rudimentary obvious, even Walton caught on..."4 straight 3's from UCONN to start the 2nd half and this is a ballgame".
I don't know if Walton is a bigger hack or a bigger jerk.

Reaction Score
The guards are good on the ball defenders but they don't seem to want to contest jumpshots. Too many times they watch guys elevate for jumpers as they stand there hands by their sides.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom