Stokes out with a hip injury | The Boneyard

Stokes out with a hip injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Vol fans have put a a curse on UConn players since the Olympics. Bria got suspended for a pregnancy, Tuck is done for the year too. Mo appeared to injure her ankle but she may be ok. Kiah injured her hip and didn't play last night.

Nervous for Kiah. Laimbeer is quoted as saying the Liberty are going to be a different team for a while though Tanisha Wright has a knee issue. Those are two of their best defenders. Hope Kiah returns healthy soon.

Reaction Score
Say it ain't so!!!!!

But just for the record, I don't think Bria's getting pregnant led her team to "suspend" her. Unless I'm misinformed, a grown woman making a choice to have a child is not something that an employer is permitted to punish in any way. I'm sure that Bria's pregnancy was announced to the team, she told them that she's not going to play until after the baby is born, and the team made the proper administrative notation that she will not be playing, and that there is now a spot on the team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Say it ain't so!!!!!

But just for the record, I don't think Bria's getting pregnant led her team to "suspend" her. Unless I'm misinformed, a grown woman making a choice to have a child is not something that an employer is permitted to punish in any way. I'm sure that Bria's pregnancy was announced to the team, she told them that she's not going to play until after the baby is born, and the team made the proper administrative notation that she will not be playing, and that there is now a spot on the team.
Yes, I'm confident that "suspension" is a misnamed administrative action. It removes her from the active roster.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
What was the nature of her "hip injury"? She's been an iron woman and I don't like the sound of this.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Yes, I'm confident that "suspension" is a misnamed administrative action. It removes her from the active roster.
I'd prefer they adopt a little NFL nomenclature and list her as "PUP" (Physically unable to perform)

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I'd prefer they adopt a little NFL nomenclature and list her as "PUP" (Physically unable to perform)
I get you, but they use "suspended" (i.e. from the roster) because suspensions, in addition to pregnancy and injury, are players that are over-seas (for example, at the start of a season) or sitting out (like Diana last year). No negative connotation in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom