Stokes & all other UCONN WNBA champs | The Boneyard

Stokes & all other UCONN WNBA champs

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn WNBA Champions
2022 – Kiah Stokes (Las Vegas Aces)
2021 – Stefanie Dolson, Azurá Stevens (Chicago Sky)
2020 – Sue Bird, Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck (Seattle Storm)
2018 – Sue Bird, Kaleena Mosquesda-Lewis, Breanna Stewart (Seattle Storm)
2017 – Renee Montgomery, Maya Moore (Minnesota Lynx)
2015 – Kalana Greene, Asjha Jones, Renee Montgomery, Maya Moore (Minnesota Lynx)
2014 – Diana Taurasi (Phoenix Mercury)
2013 – Maya Moore (Minnesota Lynx)
2011 – Charde Houston, Maya Moore (Minnesota Lynx)
2010 – Svetlana Abrosimova, Swin Cash, Sue Bird (Seattle Storm)
2009 – Ketia Swanier, Diana Taurasi (Phoenix Mercury)
2008 – Kelly Schumacher (Detroit Shock)
2007 – Kelly Schumacher, Diana Taurasi (Phoenix Mercury)
2006 – Swin Cash (Detroit Shock)
2004 – Sue Bird (Seattle Storm)
2003 – Swin Cash (Detroit Shock)
2000 – Jennifer Rizzotti (Houston Comets)
1999 – Jennifer Rizzotti, Kara Wolters (Houston Comets)

Reaction Score
Terrific article. Love this quote from H C Becky Hammon:

“I go at Kiah hard at times, and she just responds,” Hammon said. “If you’ve got a UConn player, you know they’ve gone through the fire. You know they can handle truths.”

Reaction Score
Terrific article. Love this quote from H C Becky Hammon:

“I go at Kiah hard at times, and she just responds,” Hammon said. “If you’ve got a UConn player, you know they’ve gone through the fire. You know they can handle truths.”
Programs like UConn did more than instill smart basketball skills and IQ in its players. It also prepared them to be mentally tough and accepting of harsh criticism from coaches. Certainly there were coaches that took that over the top, but unfortunately programs that were geared to high expectations are disapearing from WBB, not just in college, but at all levels. I know of a high expectation high school coach that ran a perenial power program simular to Geno, that was forced out due to a few parents complaints. College coaches used to make the same statement about his players that Hammond made about the players from UConn under Geno. Everything is changing now and I wonder how long Geno will tolerate having to adjust. Not as many players coming out of high school with the level of commitment required for success in such programs.

Reaction Score
Programs like UConn did more than instill smart basketball skills and IQ in its players. It also prepared them to be mentally tough and accepting of harsh criticism from coaches. Certainly there were coaches that took that over the top, but unfortunately programs that were geared to high expectations are disapearing from WBB, not just in college, but at all levels. I know of a high expectation high school coach that ran a perenial power program simular to Geno, that was forced out due to a few parents complaints. College coaches used to make the same statement about his players that Hammond made about the players from UConn under Geno. Everything is changing now and I wonder how long Geno will tolerate having to adjust. Not as many players coming out of high school with the level of commitment required for success in such programs.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I love the photo. Kiah doing Kiah Stokes things!

1663741020428.png

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Nineteen former UConn players! A total of 33 titles.

Really amazing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom