• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
So Carolina vs upstart Quinnipiac
Last year's F4 Oregon St v Florida St

Reaction Score
So Carolina vs upstart Quinnipiac
Last year's F4 Oregon St v Florida St
I don't know who is smoking what, but there is no way South Carolina doesn't win this bracket.

Reaction Score
I don't know who is smoking what, but there is no way South Carolina doesn't win this bracket.

I voted for them, but they did nearly lose - at home - to ASU. I could easily see Fla St or Ore St beating them.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
What's the news with Gray? I think A'ja is enough to beat Quinnipiac. After that, without Gray and Coates beating either OSU or FSU would be too much to ask. Man, injuries have sure affected every bracket except Baylor's (now that Jones is back). Not that BU wasn't going to win it anyway.

Reaction Score
I see that very few believe OSU will win this regional, and more believe FSU could win this regional. I would love to have one of you knowledgeable bloggers provide some insight into the FSU-OSU matchup. Even if you know nothing about OSU, I would love to know more about FSU (who played UCONN early on in the regular season). Thanks!

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
I see that very few believe OSU will win this regional, and more believe FSU could win this regional. I would love to have one of you knowledgeable bloggers provide some insight into the FSU-OSU matchup. Even if you know nothing about OSU, I would love to know more about FSU (who played UCONN early on in the regular season). Thanks!

As the season has progressed I've come to believe the UConn-FSU game was an aberration and that a rematch would be an easy 20+ UConn win. People tend to forget this was UConn's 1st game of the year, with 3 new starters and on the road. As good as UConn has been it might be hard to believe, but the current team is light years better than when season started.

Reaction Score

It's not as much as I think FSU is better than OSU - it's just that you and I think I heard from others that OSU's offense is challenged. I don't like teams that can't score. You may very well get to the final four. But if you can't score -- imo it's awful tough to try to win two games in the 50's.

FSU has good guard play and they play good defense. I think because of their good guard play they have a chance to run good sets over the course of the game though it's questionable sometimes how effective/consistent their offense is. But they can score. They will look to run a bit and they have athleticism on the wing / front court. As you say I don't know much about your team. But you are trying to win with defense, right?

As a UCONN fan- because over the years we've been able to score - teams that are one dimensional with defense, we haven't had to fear them as much. Though this year that can certainly change. But still- I think it's too hard to have to be so perfect defensively game over game. But it certainly can be done. I view your team as extremely extremely extremely mentally tough form what I've read and with your success in the PAC.

With USC - I loved Gray's game before the injury. IMO she's a fighter type player. But I don't know what to expect from her. Absolutely I think OSUU can get there.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don't believe Gray will play again, and even if she does OSU will get by FSU and then Rueck will outcoach Staley in the Elite 8 game.

Reaction Score
I don't believe Gray will play again, and even if she does OSU will get by FSU and then Rueck will outcoach Staley in the Elite 8 game.
Gray was at a pep rally on USC's campus last night walking around and moving with no noticeable problem or hitches in her step. She did not have any crutches or any other device to help her move and she did not have to be at the rally because only a few women's players were present because of other obligations. Later Coach Staley had her weekly call in show and updated her status that she just had a scare and would not miss any game action this weekend. Great News for South Carolina fans.

Reaction Score
I know a lot about FSU. Two of my sisters graduated from there and we are big fans. FSU has good guards as was stated by another poster. Leticia Romero was 1st team all ACC and has international experience. She is from Spain and was on Spain's Olympic team that won the silver medal. They also have Shakayla Thomas, a forward, who is their leading scorer and was voted the ACC player of the year by the coaches. Their other starting forward, Imani Wright is the #3 scorer on the team (Romero is #2). FSU averaged just under 80 points a game and held their opponents to 58 points a game, so they are good both offensively and defensively. They are coached by Sue Semrau, who was the 2015 AP Coach of the Year. IMO, they have the talent and experience to beat any team in the field, with the possible exception of UConn. They played the game against them in November without Romero who was injured. I firmly believe that if Romero had played in that game, FSU would have won. The game was at FSU and it was UConn's first game without Stewart, Jefferson and Tuck. At this point though, the UConn team has gelled and is virtually unbeatable unless you can get them in major foul trouble.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom