OT: Stock trading | Page 163 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
I was long this morning in low 130s. There is definitely a floor under it. If you didn't like this at 150 in the last week or so, not too sure why you like it even more now.
Simple math, last week's 150s would have raised our average price and others reactions to 2Q results enabled price closer to book and decreased average price. Good for you buying around pre market/ opening 134 this morning. Wish I held off for pre-market, yet I'm good averaging down <138 from recent 160s to mid-170s highs and TDOC's avg consensus target ($220+).

Reaction Score
I covered flat. The ARK funds apparently bought 800,000 shares yesterday. Pretty bold--they are supporting their major position, but they are showing their bare butts bigtime on this. If it doesn't go their way, the funds may collapse.

Reaction Score
SAVA....I wonder if it will pop on Thursday - data being released for their Alzheimer's drug in test.
Rose throughout the week esp late Tues, now Thursday pop is in wrong direction. Did they already forget about the Alzheimer's test results?

Reaction Score
Rose throughout the week esp late Tues, now Thursday pop is in wrong direction. Did they already forget about the Alzheimer's test results?

I think its a "sell the news" event this morning- it should go back to higher levels very soon IMO.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I covered flat. The ARK funds apparently bought 800,000 shares yesterday. Pretty bold--they are supporting their major position, but they are showing their bare butts bigtime on this. If it doesn't go their way, the funds may collapse.

LOL. It is .2% of ARKK. It can go to zero and won't collapse the fund. It's .7% of ARKW. .185% of ARKG.

Those funds are long, long term plays.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Wish I held on to $WISH longer. Also wish I sold my $FUBO put when it hit $24.80

Reaction Score
LOL. It is .2% of ARKK. It can go to zero and won't collapse the fund. It's .7% of ARKW. .185% of ARKG.

Those funds are long, long term plays.
Think your numbers are off.

As of two months ago, it was 6%.

But she has been accumulating a lot and now it's their largest holding even over Tesla.

The ETFs held over 14 million shares of TDOC on Tuesday at a value of $2.13 billion.

She accumulated another 1 million shares yesterday alone.

So if it was already at 6% of their total in May, became their largest holding in July (6-10%) and added another 7% in shares of the total in shares yesterday, it is a significantly larger stake than .2%

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’m wondering if PFE isn’t overheated now with the extra revenue from Covid vaxes. That won’t happen every year.

Also waiting to dump t and hoping to stash that money for some ugly red days in the fall

Reaction Score
Curious, anybody here have Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC) in their 401k or IRA? Seems like an interesting aggressive growth alternative since holding actual crypto in a retirement account isn’t yet possible on most platforms. I’m liking this strategy especially if it’s a Roth as that would mean tax free growth. I’m waiting for the SEC to approve actual BTC and ETH ETFs including Fidelity’s but Grayscale seems like a solid option to get a little crypto exposure in a retirement account for now. Thoughts?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Daily, ARK reports updated holdings broken out by ETF. ARK holds a good chunk of TDOC, yet TSLA remains ARK's largest total holding by market value. See all 47 ARKK ETF Holdings
Yeah, Bizwire is where I saw the claim that one of the funds has TDOC as their top holding. It's ARKG. But it's only 7% of the total.

Same site I used. The 6+% is how much of the TDOC stock they own, not how much of the fund it is. The 5.88% weight is spread across four funds.

ARKK Holdings of Teladoc Health (TDOC) - Updated Daily (cathiesark.com)

Reaction Score
We started discussing this in another thread so I decided to start a new thread. Would love to know what sectors and stocks people are in, with successes and if you want to share, bad trades or holds. My brief story below:

Traded a lot from 99-01 but volatility of Dot Com Market collapse forced me out with a decent profit. Fast forward19 years, I dove back in at the bottom in March. Had some success trading Comcast the first week, got caught in a bad trade with Citrix. Had an initial wishlist of NFLX, DOCU, Roku and Comcast. Didn’t pull the trigger quickly enough and watched most run away. Roku and Gartner I’ve been in and out of but just can’t seem to win on them. Two big winners have been DocuSign and Five Nine Inc (FIVN). I’m out now except for a small position in DocuSign, as I expect tech stocks to sell off soon and want to be ready to buy on dip.

Stocks Im looking at adding:
MSFT
AMZN
FB
ROKU
TWLO
FIVN
BX (Blackstone)
Tesla
OKTA
PENN
Walmart
CCL (Carnival)
IT (Gartner)
Tesla, especially if below $700. That said, plan on holding it at least 5+ years. Recommend ARK funds as an EFT long term play (probably ARKK if you only want to invest in one ARK fund).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Heavy hitters coming out of the woodworks to speak at Chainlink's SmartCon
Screenshot (31).png

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Heavy hitters coming out of the woodworks to speak at Chainlink's SmartCon View attachment 68832
do you think with all the talk of CBDC and pushing everything digital, that LINK and XRP/XDC are the ones to get into and hold? It seems so.

There are others such as sushi, aave, yearn etc

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I’m looking for a container ship focused ETF but the old one, SEA, is gone. Suggestions?

Reaction Score
I’m looking for a container ship focused ETF but the old one, SEA, is gone. Suggestions?
Not precisely a container ship ETF, yet the BDRY dry bulk futures ETF is in the ballpark. Neither suggesting nor discouraging, just sharing.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
21 of the 23 stocks I own were down yesterday, but still ended up pos thanks to Atlassian.

Reaction Score
Sure, but how many bought or also added LINK around $14?
Got more at $13.75, disappointed in myself that I didn’t get a whole lot more! Every crypto was at a huge discount but LINK at a 75% discount was arguably the biggest. It’s my 2nd biggest holding after ETH.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Got more at $13.75, disappointed in myself that I didn’t get a whole lot more! Every crypto was at a huge discount but LINK at a 75% discount was arguably the biggest. It’s my 2nd biggest holding after ETH.
Indeed

I try to buy some, probably should’ve gone harder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom