OT: Stock trading | Page 159 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That TSLA news was out last week. Not sure why that would move the stock this week. It's just a software update. Nothing to see here.

It was a joke, not financial advice.

Seems like any time the big "name" stocks have any bad news some retail investors panic sell instead of riding it out. BTW the preceding sentence is a mere observation not a financial investing strategy.

Reaction Score
It was a joke, not financial advice.

Seems like any time the big "name" stocks have any bad news some retail investors panic sell instead of riding it out. BTW the preceding sentence is a mere observation not a financial investing strategy.
I quoted the wrong person too. I was really calling out the tweet. Oh and TSLA is up $16.85 2.51% today.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Big Tech bounceback today. The ARK funds did really well. This is all good news for me. ;)

Reaction Score
I haven't followed this thread.
Has there been any discussion about the prospects for Starlink and how to get involved with it in some way?
I got solicited by a publication from Lou Basenese (who I know nothing about) regarding subscribing to his newsletter so I could learn about some "small, $15, company" that makes the antennas and which could be a buyout possibility because of the possible explosive adoption of satellite internet a la Elon Musk.
Thoughts?

Reaction Score
FWIW, TSLA vehicles manufactured in mainland China are increasingly exported to Europe. Reasonable or otherwise, mainlanders increasingly prefer domestic EVs. Reasons are purportedly not limited to increasing nationalism. Many mainlanders and Central Government grand poobahs alike simply find fault with TSLA vehicle issues and see greater upside/attractiveness in some, not all, mainland EV manufacturers. Reverse engineering pretty much complete, moving on in the Middle Kingdom (Zhongguo/mainland China). ;)

Reaction Score
FWIW, TSLA vehicles manufactured in mainland China are increasingly exported to Europe. Reasonable or otherwise, mainlanders increasingly prefer domestic EVs. Reasons are purportedly not limited to increasing nationalism. Many mainlanders and Central Government grand poobahs alike simply find fault with TSLA vehicle issues and see greater upside/attractiveness in some, not all, mainland EV manufacturers. Reverse engineering pretty much complete, moving on in the Middle Kingdom (Zhongguo/mainland China). ;)
That will slow down dramatically once their factory in Germany is complete. I imagine that will feed most of Europe and the China factory will feed India, China, Japan, Australia, etc.

Reaction Score
That will slow down dramatically once their factory in Germany is complete. I imagine that will feed most of Europe and the China factory will feed India, China, Japan, Australia, etc.
Agreed, possibly for all yet watch for China's declining interest. For many other western products, same same may to will increasingly apply with the Middle Kingdom's rising nationalism, competitive product quality, and prospective diverging global tech.

Toss another wild thought out there for many westerners: By mid-decade, China is projected to be the world's busiest aviation market. 1 decade further down the road, Comac's ongoing jet enhancements are projected to expand beyond the mainland. Not the US nor Europe so much with BA and EADSY dominance now, but observe Comac low-ball pricing enable some gradual entry in some SE and Central Asian, African, and possibly even some Latin America markets. Crazy, yet time will tell ...

Reaction Score
Anyone see LLIT?

Going to merge w/ NEWEGG

GME in talks of starting up “build a pc” market.

1st acquisition from Cohen?

Shoulda listened to myself
Wanted to get it into LLIT/NEGG @ 4

NEGG is now 18! Up 70% today!

Reaction Score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If you had any doubt that <a href="https://twitter.com/chainlink?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@chainlink</a> would use SWIFT to settle payments off-chain, that doubt is no more.<br><br>And yes, the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=$LINK&amp;src=ctag&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">$LINK</a> token is required for every single service provided by the network. <br><br>FEW WAGMI IYKYK <a href="https://post original url/Q1OKNZCYvp">pic.twitter.com/Q1OKNZCYvp</a></p>&mdash; TheLinkMarine 2.0 (@TheLinkMarine1) <a href="">July 1, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's only a matter of time

temery

What?
Reaction Score
When a company you own is down 10% in a day, how much would you buy on the dip?

I own bili, plan to hold and believe it's a good buy. What % of what you own would you buy on a 10% dip?

Reaction Score

I own bili, plan to hold and believe it's a good buy. What % of what you own would you buy on a 10% dip?

Really no simple answer

Is there a clear cut reason for the dip?

What is the trading volume compared to the average daily volume? If it is going down on heavy volume that usually means it is not done falling and you can be catching a falling knife

Better to wait for some support but that's me.

Reaction Score
We started discussing this in another thread so I decided to start a new thread. Would love to know what sectors and stocks people are in, with successes and if you want to share, bad trades or holds. My brief story below:

Traded a lot from 99-01 but volatility of Dot Com Market collapse forced me out with a decent profit. Fast forward19 years, I dove back in at the bottom in March. Had some success trading Comcast the first week, got caught in a bad trade with Citrix. Had an initial wishlist of NFLX, DOCU, Roku and Comcast. Didn’t pull the trigger quickly enough and watched most run away. Roku and Gartner I’ve been in and out of but just can’t seem to win on them. Two big winners have been DocuSign and Five Nine Inc (FIVN). I’m out now except for a small position in DocuSign, as I expect tech stocks to sell off soon and want to be ready to buy on dip.

Stocks Im looking at adding:
MSFT
AMZN
FB
ROKU
TWLO
FIVN
BX (Blackstone)
Tesla
OKTA
PENN
Walmart
CCL (Carnival)
IT (Gartner)
Only stocks I would buy now are agricultural commodities. Other than that I would short the stock market now, either the SP 500 or the Russell 2000.

Reaction Score

Buy 1 or 2. If it goes down more, buy more, if it bounces back up, at least you got some cheap.

Reaction Score
1 or 2 %?
Stocks. Its $111. Depending how big of a high roller you are. Its hard to give percentages without knowing your positions, your cash reserve, your risk level, your positivity in the market, how long you expect to hold, etc. Lots of variables.

Point is, when I buy the dip, I buy in increments. It goes down, I buy a little, it goes down more, I buy a little more until I catch the bottom. When trying to catch knives, at first you only want to catch 1, in case they keep falling.

Some people when they lose multiple blackjack hands in a row, they increase their bet. You can try that too. Say it goes down 20% and you expect the market to bounce back, load it up!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1 or 2 %?
Also, did you sell some when it was almost $150? Then its a little more palatable to go deeper because you already made money. So many different criteria.

Do you think a rug pull is coming? Then don't go as deep so you can get more after on sale.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom