OT: Stock trading | Page 156 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Someone explain the staking. I haven't staked any crypto because I am not sure I get it.
I'm no cryptographer but, Proof of Stake (PoS) vs Proof of Work (PoW) builds the blockchain, similar to mining. Basically when you are staking on an exchange, you are allowing your coins to contribute to the network of which rewards are returned. It often takes a large amount of coins to stake, but my guess is the exchange aggregates numerous users, so even small holders can reap benefits. Whales used to buy up large amounts to stake or create masternodes.

In general, holding on an exchange isn't even actually having coins. The exchange has a lump sum cold wallet and the actual interactions are just like tokens of that. Its not till you withdraw do they actually pull the coins out of their mass wallet. But maybe the structure is different with staking as you're probably not posting limit trades on the market.

TLDR you're renting your coins to be used to build and maintain the blockchain.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Thoughts on $FUBO showing all 51 matches of the Euro Cup? Will it have any impact on the stock?

Reaction Score
I put 10% of the value of my equity holdings into crypto 3 years ago. Today the accounts are equal- and if I’m right -it will 10x from here.
Do not be fooled by FUD- you don’t have to invest a lot -but a diverse portfolio is always good.
invest a small amount in the future even if it seems foreign at this point- it only means you are early- and that is an exciting place to be.
UCONN!!!

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
DPLS trucking. Uplisting iminient, though up 100% we may see a sell off a la MNMD a couple weeks back. Regardless, this is a complete gem. They just bought two drone companies to expand their infrastructure integrity tech BOTDA.

I am looking to enter HMBL at around 1.15. I don't know too much about this though the app is similar to the sofi app. These all in one basic fintech apps are about to get adopted en masse, especially if they can get the crypto on there. I like this one as it appears to be forward thinking (NFTs, crypto baskets, education, etc.) I'm playing the discounted hype on this one.

Crypto wise. I am on the fence whether we see 20k BTC, my hunch is yes and it bounces hard off that 20k mark. So targeting VET at something like .03 and LINk at 8.75ish.

I think MNMD gets to the ticker change sell off at 5.60. They just switched CEOs that should move what they are doing along faster.

Gutter King

Reaction Score
DPLS trucking. Uplisting iminient, though up 100% we may see a sell off a la MNMD a couple weeks back. Regardless, this is a complete gem. They just bought two drone companies to expand their infrastructure integrity tech BOTDA.

I am looking to enter HMBL at around 1.15. I don't know too much about this though the app is similar to the sofi app. These all in one basic fintech apps are about to get adopted en masse, especially if they can get the crypto on there. I like this one as it appears to be forward thinking (NFTs, crypto baskets, education, etc.) I'm playing the discounted hype on this one.

Crypto wise. I am on the fence whether we see 20k BTC, my hunch is yes and it bounces hard off that 20k mark. So targeting VET at something like .03 and LINk at 8.75ish.

I think MNMD gets to the ticker change sell off at 5.60. They just switched CEOs that should move what they are doing along faster.
Sidenote: VET is a bit complicated because of their supposed presence at the DHL summit next week. If a major announcement gets made re: supply chain tracking....that is a gamechanger.

Reaction Score
Thoughts on $FUBO showing all 51 matches of the Euro Cup? Will it have any impact on the stock?
But aren't the games just on ESPN/ABC? You could always get ESPN+ for a month at $5.99
I know nothing about the stock, but their package has always seemed strange to me. They don't have Warner Media channels (CNN, TNT/TBS etc), but did pick up ESPN stuff when they lost Warner, and have always had a plethora of spanish language channels plus BEIN sports which is unique. Also it's not like its cheaper than the other options either, which it used to be if I recall. --- All of that probably has zilch to do with the stock....

Reaction Score
Pretty sure you’re giving up your coins for them to use and in return you get interest

Staking vs lending.

You can lend your crypto out and get yield on this, aka the Celsius wallet 14% a year on Synthetix and 10% on Matic (Polygon)./Aave/yearn.finance

When you stake your coin you are also being incentivized to do so, but you are staking it back onto the blockchain network your coin supports. See Proof of work vs proof of stake. Proof of work is when different miners get rewarded (people who've set up their computer to verify transactions) vs proof of stake, which means the more coins you have staked, the more return you will get, and your coins that are staked are used by the blockchain network to verify transactions.

Gutter King

Reaction Score
LINK $8.75ish? Don’t see that dip happening but sign me up.
Nobody ever does...

Where do you think it goes if BTC goes 20k on us?

I could see it park at $11.75 also.

Reaction Score
I'm a pessimist, and I don't think BTC goes to $20. Its been bouncing around in the 30's long enough now to stop the bleeding. Keep an eye on other countries following suit to considering it legal tender like El Salvador.

That being said, if the US gov't comes down on it hard for the pipeline fiasco or energy concern, then that's another story that can surely level it to $20k.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I don't understand crypto. In my brain I can't see the value. It doesn't seem to solve any inherent issue and given that it can be lost because your computer dies or you lost the password (or the FBI wants the currency back), it appears to be more of a problem to me. I view it as a limited edition collectible at this point and don't really dabble in it.
The stock that is my biggest holding is LWLG, a photonics company. It's a little over $4 at this point, but I believe they have a game changing data transmission product. They are currently in that gray area between R&D and commercialization.

Reaction Score
I don't understand crypto. In my brain I can't see the value. It doesn't seem to solve any inherent issue and given that it can be lost because your computer dies or you lost the password (or the FBI wants the currency back), it appears to be more of a problem to me. I view it as a limited edition collectible at this point and don't really dabble in it.
The stock that is my biggest holding is LWLG, a photonics company. It's a little over $4 at this point, but I believe they have a game changing data transmission product. They are currently in that gray area between R&D and commercialization.
every crypto is different and serves a different purpose. Chainlink provides real world data onto the blockchain so that smart contracts can be executed, so sports betting/insurance/payroll/price feeds/marketplace or any real-world agreements can automatically be executed on the blockchain without the risk of one party breaching/manipulating/not following through on the original parameters of said agreement.

If you want to think of Bitcoin as currency, there is a fixed amount, thus you can't keep printing more. Anyone anywhere in the world who has internet access can send and hold it from peer to peer (be you're own bank) within a matter of seconds/minutes, and the blockchain is a public ledger, so all transactions are verifiable.

The real investment is in blockchain technology and what certain companies are doing with it.

Gutter King

Reaction Score
I'm a pessimist, and I don't think BTC goes to $20. Its been bouncing around in the 30's long enough now to stop the bleeding. Keep an eye on other countries following suit to considering it legal tender like El Salvador.

That being said, if the US gov't comes down on it hard for the pipeline fiasco or energy concern, then that's another story that can surely level it to $20k.
You have to start somewhere I suppose, but El Salvador is probably not going to move the needle. Watch the XRP case, a bad result there will affect BTC.

Everybody thinks that XRP is in good shape, but I dont trust the US handling of any crypto policy.

The chart for BTC doesn't look terrible by any means, I am just cash heavy in case it breaks down. I want to scoop those cheapies if it happens.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
every crypto is different and serves a different purpose. Chainlink provides real world data onto the blockchain so that smart contracts can be executed, so sports betting/insurance/payroll/price feeds/marketplace or any real-world agreements can automatically be executed on the blockchain without the risk of one party breaching/manipulating/not following through on the original parameters of said agreement.

If you want to think of Bitcoin as currency, there is a fixed amount, thus you can't keep printing more. Anyone anywhere in the world who has internet access can send and hold it from peer to peer (be you're own bank) within a matter of seconds/minutes, and the blockchain is a public ledger, so all transactions are verifiable.

The real investment is in blockchain technology and what certain companies are doing with it.
The blockchain portion I could get behind, it's the currency portion that has me scratching my head. Still don't see the value to me as a currency. I can already send folks money or buy anything anywhere with my travel card. Just not seeing what digital currency does for me.

Reaction Score
The chart for BTC doesn't look terrible by any means, I am just cash heavy in case it breaks down. I want to scoop those cheapies if it happens.
I suppose you can say there's a better chance it goes to $20k than $50k. I've been buying it low 30's and selling it high 30's, so I'm ready for another dip. But I also move a portion of buys into alts, so if it grows, those will too.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
You have to start somewhere I suppose, but El Salvador is probably not going to move the needle. Watch the XRP case, a bad result there will affect BTC.

Everybody thinks that XRP is in good shape, but I dont trust the US handling of any crypto policy.

I think they’ll clear xrp and it’ll be used by central banks and major banks

Reaction Score
The blockchain portion I could get behind, it's the currency portion that has me scratching my head. Still don't see the value to me as a currency. I can already send folks money or buy anything anywhere with my travel card. Just not seeing what digital currency does for me.
I totally understand, that is why I don't own any bitcoin. However, the purpose of Chainlink's token, link, is used to secure the integrity of the smart contract agreement. So, to agree to a smart contract both parties need to stake link based on the value of the contract to be paid to the orcales, and the decentralized oracles (different independent api providers) need to stake link too as collatereal if they provide faulty data. Thus, the more uses cases for smart contracts, the more link will be needed for staking, and the higher the value of a contract itself, will require more link to be staked for both parties (as well as more decentralized oracles) to match/represent the value of the contract. Also, because link itself is not a blockchain, but a decentralized oracle network that can be deployed on any blockchain, in my opinion, link has a ridiculous amount of potential for both real-world companies looking to use blockchain/smart contracts, and for other crypto-based companies and decentralized finance protocols that rely on price data feeds and verifiable randomness.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll monitor this situation as well. Curious that a deal was announced Fri and a partnership Today and this thing gets no volume. Seems odd. Are SPACs dead? I see that Chimanth is part of this thing as well....does he no longer have the pull? It was $8B worth, should have moved the needle. Maybe when their covid crisis calms down.
@Gutter King Unclear all SPACs are dead, perhaps too broad a generalization. Worthy of reasonable scrutiny, analysis, etc before committing, sure. On small bits gambled on a few SPAC warrants and one unit, I'm batting > .500 with some luck. MP, GEVO, and LEV conversions worked out quite well; not so far with a few others (APPHW, RVLW, PIPPU). In most instances, SPAC generally appear to milk 'em as soon as they can sell some SPAC shares. No doubt, I could be dead wrong on my early perceptions. And, I've sold enough shares to ensure breakeven on the luckier gambles.

As for ReNew, I gambled on some RMGBW (warrants). Instead of waiting on India's SARS-2 crisis to improve, the ongoing chaos spurred a decision now based on ReNew's existing and planned wind and solar projects, over reliance on coal and old nuclear power, and overall inadequate power supply for current let alone increase power demands. Similar, yet different from decisions early on after mainland China belatedly acknowledged SARS-2's existence, western crisis conditions, and prior post ecommerce, 9/11, and GFC downturn successes. Time will tell

This Stanford ReNew case study provides many helpful insights (page 11 onward in particular):

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
But aren't the games just on ESPN/ABC? You could always get ESPN+ for a month at $5.99
I know nothing about the stock, but their package has always seemed strange to me. They don't have Warner Media channels (CNN, TNT/TBS etc), but did pick up ESPN stuff when they lost Warner, and have always had a plethora of spanish language channels plus BEIN sports which is unique. Also it's not like its cheaper than the other options either, which it used to be if I recall. --- All of that probably has zilch to do with the stock....
It’s a great service and offers a lot. They will also be having in game betting through their service

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Are people referencing LINK for interlink electronics or LINK-USD for Chain link?

Because I don't see Chainlink anywhere near $8.75

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom