OT: Stock trading | Page 155 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20210607-091912_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
So has every WSB stock pumped over the last week except Tesla? Elon has incurred the wrath of the pump 'n' dump kids.

Reaction Score
Biogen - FDA granted accelerated approval for first new Alzheimers' drug in a few decades, Aducanumab. BIIB trade halted (early morning), was up $22 pre-mkt from Friday's close to $308 before sliding back to $286 before the trading halt. Almost sold near Nov's spike, then BIIB yard sale'd on the FDA's prior negative Aducanumab vote. Tapping fingers awaiting trade restoration ... XBI and other biotech ETFs feeling good on BIIB news.

EDIT: Retail trading re-started about 1:30, BOOM up to 468 then reverted back to 428 before another trade halt about 1:50 pm. Sold some shares between 450 and 1 year high of 463. Guaranteed breakeven for rest. Depending on FDA's actual news conference comments regarding additional required, post-approval clinical traials, may buy some more shares if BIIB drops back closer below today's lows. Yoo hoo!

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Potential calm before a storm, TBD. One thing's clear to me (for as little as that's worth), last year's heavy lean by many people on indexed portfolios may not navigate the waters as well as active management now and going forward. Or, I could be dead wrong on the latter. ;)
When interest rates go up, we’ll see what happens

Reaction Score
When interest rates go up, we’ll see what happens
Could be, yet other earlier issues may potentially cause ripples sooner, e.g., Aside from global money center banks issuing sh|t loads of debt since Jan, prime brokers and retail-focused brokers very recently tightening margin requirements, limiting short sales, etc., how well have financial institutions mitigated or contained their own risks and institutional and retail client risks?

Related to coming rate increases, it will be interesting to observe impacts of lower middle class and overzealous middle and above class consumer debt; card companies lowering credit limits for such individuals, back rent and mortgage obligations once SARS-2 hardship benefits end, etc. Time may tell ...

Reaction Score
^ Just sold the CLOV shares I was holding from the meme/reddit phenomenon. Got out up 15% after touching some depths

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
Not the least bit keen on SPACs generally (albeit MP's been rewarding), but tossing out RMGB given ReNew Energy's significant current solar and wind power generation and aggressive expansion plans in a nation badly in need of enhanced infrastructure, alternatives to coal and old nuclear power generation in India, fast growing economic despite the ongoing SARS-2 tragedy, etc. I've never lived in India, but have visited multiple times for work, colleague's weddings, etc. For now, just non-action monitoring ReNew with a small commitment a la Warde Manuel ....

I'll monitor this situation as well. Curious that a deal was announced Fri and a partnership Today and this thing gets no volume. Seems odd. Are SPACs dead? I see that Chimanth is part of this thing as well....does he no longer have the pull? It was $8B worth, should have moved the needle. Maybe when their covid crisis calms down.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Was looking at DOT, but it's not on Coinbase. Any thoughts on it and on alternate exchanges?

Reaction Score
Was looking at DOT, but it's not on Coinbase. Any thoughts on it and on alternate exchanges?
I purchased all my DOT on Kraken. Easy to do now w/. latest app update. You can stake all of it there as well for rewards.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I purchased all my DOT on Kraken. Easy to do now w/. latest app update. You can stake all of it there as well for rewards.

Someone explain the staking. I haven't staked any crypto because I am not sure I get it.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Someone explain the staking. I haven't staked any crypto because I am not sure I get it.
Pretty sure you’re giving up your coins for them to use and in return you get interest

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom