OT: Stock trading | Page 154 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Companies trying to make people go back in full time are running in to some challenges. This aligns with our own research on this topic. I think the change is permanent, even if some wish it wasn't.
Not so much currently, but after a few to several months I suspect widening variances will exist by sector, functional role types, responsibility levels, available/alternative new opportunities, age, marital/partner/family status, etc. With some sectors and companies unable to hire enough new employees for traditional office roles, many employees call the shots.

As hiring eventually slows and virus containment ideally continues well, some people may become more open minded regarding returning to offices at least a few days weekly. Heavily relationship-dependent sales reps? Institutional traders, related compliance, some ops and some tech support? Time will tell, many roles will continue as WFA, but others ... time will tell. No dog in the scenarios, but sure look forward to traveling.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah I’ve been constantly increasing my position since December. I notice if people jump in all at once they can’t handle the pride action and they sell.

Depends on a lot of things - I think 2-4 days of around 25% of the max peak. But honestly no one really knows. Price target there’s a lot of misinformation out there. My own math has it a lot less than the speculative $100k you see.

AMC up 30% so far today. See if it can hold it today or if it all falls away like it did on Friday.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
AMC up 30% so far today. See if it can hold it today or if it all falls away like it did on Friday.
That was a deliberate rug pull. We could see it this afternoon, usually heavy short positions come thru around lunch.

Today we’re seeing either massive FOMO buying and/or a small amount of delta hedging.

Reaction Score
That was a deliberate rug pull. We could see it this afternoon, usually heavy short positions come thru around lunch.

Today we’re seeing either massive FOMO buying and/or a small amount of delta hedging.
Congrats for hanging in. Don't spend it all in 1 place!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Congrats for hanging in. Don't spend it all in 1 place!
So not much short action looking at the candles - I can double check the short interest later. But the price spikes were likely delta hedging I’m thinking.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So, this may not appeal to day traders and meme stock fans, but as an investor, I have been pleased by the relative calm of the market all week. Up a bit, down a bit, volatility trending a little more modern normal.

Reaction Score
So, this may not appeal to day traders and meme stock fans, but as an investor, I have been pleased by the relative calm of the market all week. Up a bit, down a bit, volatility trending a little more modern normal.

I'm anything but a trader, but I have to believe we are in for a heck of correction sometime within the next couple of years. If and when the markets believe that that a longer-term inflationary period has taken hold valuations are going to get slammed. With cash and some cojones there will probably be some nice opportunities as that shakes out.

Reaction Score
Potential calm before a storm, TBD. One thing's clear to me (for as little as that's worth), last year's heavy lean by many people on indexed portfolios may not navigate the waters as well as active management now and going forward. Or, I could be dead wrong on the latter. ;)

Reaction Score
FEYE - Anyone else own FireEye (up 40% since purchase, BUT down 18% today) with a take on FEYE's announced plans 1. to sell their software/product and company name to Symphony Technology, 2. to focus instead on related cybersecurity consulting, servicing of FEYE and potentially other competing cybersecurity products, and 3. to repurchase about $500m of FEYE shares? Unclear on FEYE's management decision, yet separately added some CRWD on today's early dip ahead of AH 1Q results.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Potential calm before a storm, TBD. One thing's clear to me (for as little as that's worth), last year's heavy lean by many people on indexed portfolios may not navigate the waters as well as active management now and going forward. Or, I could be dead wrong on the latter. ;)

I think there's an argument for it, but some of those managed funds missed a lot of ups in order to miss the downs. I did move into a few managed blended asset funds, and I think those will be less volatile overall.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
FEYE - Anyone else own FireEye (up 40% since purchase, BUT down 18% today) with a take on FEYE's announced plans 1. to sell their software/product and company name to Symphony Technology, 2. to focus instead on related cybersecurity consulting, servicing of FEYE and potentially other competing cybersecurity products, and 3. to repurchase about $500m of FEYE shares? Unclear on FEYE's management decision, yet separately added some CRWD on today's early dip ahead of AH 1Q results.

It's a guess, and an uninformed guess, but the services piece should become critical. The Martha's Vineyard ferry is shut down today, by ransomware cybercriminals. What would be really cool right now, is a services focused security team, with some top hackers, and maybe a few squads of special forces operators. A locate, disrupt, destroy organization. Everybody working on prevention, which is great. Nobody helping companies and municipalities deal with the after.

Ransomware Against the Machine: How Adversaries are Learning to Disrupt Industrial Production by Targeting IT and OT | FireEye Inc
Ransomware: The Threat We Can No Longer Afford to Ignore | FireEye Inc

Reaction Score
I think there's an argument for it, but some of those managed funds missed a lot of ups in order to miss the downs. I did move into a few managed blended asset funds, and I think those will be less volatile overall.
Noted, albeit last year many dead, deaf, blind, and borderline comatose individual day traders and some LT investors with zero clue alike more than breakeven from April/May onward. Just IMHO, the times they have increasingly changed since the SARS-2 summer of 2020. Sure hope so on the health and vaccine front versus undesireable possible hybrid variant head fakes.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Noted, albeit last year many dead, deaf, blind, and borderline comatose individual day traders and some LT investors with zero clue alike more than breakeven from April/May onward. Just IMHO, the times they have increasingly changed since the SARS-2 summer of 2020. Sure hope so on the health and vaccine front versus undesireable possible hybrid variant head fakes.

All is well. Costco is going to offer food samples again, I think next week. That's the sign we've been waiting for.

Reaction Score
It's a guess, and an uninformed guess, but the services piece should become critical. The Martha's Vineyard ferry is shut down today, by ransomware cybercriminals. What would be really cool right now, is a services focused security team, with some top hackers, and maybe a few squads of special forces operators. A locate, disrupt, destroy organization. Everybody working on prevention, which is great. Nobody helping companies and municipalities deal with the after.
Additional preventative cybersecurity services make good sense, particularly regarding health care delivery, food, energy, necessary aviation and urban public transit, etc. Undoubtedly, public and private companies alike already employ sh|t loads of special forces tech veterans, hackers, and other wicked smaht techies. At least in one sector I've interacted with a fair amount, but clearly not adequately or in sufficient #s given recent examples (Colonial, JBS, etc). SmartWinds, yikes! As for FEYE, I'm going to Warde Manuel monitor it for a day or a few

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
SENS just popped 35% ah.

Between this and AMC yesterday, been a good week.

Reaction Score

Between this and AMC yesterday, been a good week.
I have T1D. When the 365 day implantable sensor is approved (end of 2023) with the transmitter also subcutaneous it should really disrupt the market even with Dexcom most likely having rolled out by then the Dex G8 and G9. I wear the G7. The 180 is tempting but the 365 will be a MA$$IVE game changer.

You need to be somewhat patient with this one.

Submission of data from the SBA sensors is where this study packs a real powerful punch. They are really providing data IMO on what to expect for efficiency with the 365 day. Some may miss that part of the study.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not the least bit keen on SPACs generally (albeit MP's been rewarding), but tossing out RMGB given ReNew Energy's significant current solar and wind power generation and aggressive expansion plans in a nation badly in need of enhanced infrastructure, alternatives to coal and old nuclear power generation in India, fast growing economic despite the ongoing SARS-2 tragedy, etc. I've never lived in India, but have visited multiple times for work, colleague's weddings, etc. For now, just non-action monitoring ReNew with a small commitment a la Warde Manuel ....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom