OT: Stock trading | Page 153 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
It almost did today.

Tickled 50% gains early afternoon and settled in mid 30's% for today.

I put a small amount in to AMC at end of April. One month return has been about 150% so far. Do I expect to run up to infinity? No. But I'll still end up with a nice profit.
This still isn’t a price spike. This is people FOMO buying.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This still isn’t a price spike. This is people FOMO buying.

You and a coworker both with the FOMO "analysis".

Screenshot_20210527-222758.png

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
You and a coworker both with the FOMO "analysis".

View attachment 67641
Failure of Missing Out!

Every time it goes up 5-10% you get more and more people interested, people like to buy bull runs. No idea what happens tomorrow, we could retest a $23-25 support level or we could just ride the volume past $30.

I do know over 1/2 the volume has been short the last few days, and it’s still going up +10% each day. I think short sellers have realized they can’t fight this.

Reaction Score
That is cool...I guess. But paypal has outrageous fees. There are better alternatives. For nearly everything PayPal offers, there is better.

Reaction Score
Failure of Missing Out!

Every time it goes up 5-10% you get more and more people interested, people like to buy bull runs. No idea what happens tomorrow, we could retest a $23-25 support level or we could just ride the volume past $30.

I do know over 1/2 the volume has been short the last few days, and it’s still going up +10% each day. I think short sellers have realized they can’t fight this.
*FEAR of missing out.

Congratulations man, you called it.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
*FEAR of missing out.

Congratulations man, you called it.
Good catch.

Actually this is a cheap price. You can still make life changing money off of this, just higher risk now. Or you can invest in LINK like the rest of the Yard lol.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Good catch.

Actually this is a cheap price. You can still make life changing money off of this, just higher risk now. Or you can invest in LINK like the rest of the Yard lol.
Why is AMC spiking now as opposed to a week or a month ago, etc? It's tempting but I'm just wondering what the catalyst is for timing of these big moves. I understand FOMO but what triggered people to say 'okay, now we buy' after not really doing much in the last month before the spikes?

Reaction Score
Good catch.

I've been trading crypto for 5 years, never really been a pump chaser. I had 3,000 plus under $3 and sold around $6-$7 the day before WSB took it over. Oh well, I'm too conservative a swing trader.

I hope you sold a fraction at $36 and buy back in. Its not all or nothing, take some profits and then re-insert them.

Last edited:

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Why is AMC spiking now as opposed to a week or a month ago, etc? It's tempting but I'm just wondering what the catalyst is for timing of these big moves. I understand FOMO but what triggered people to say 'okay, now we buy' after not really doing much in the last month before the spikes?
It’s a very long explanation. Lots of fail to delivered positions + hedge funds have no money left + continuous option calls landing in the money + FOMO. The volume has always been there, volume drives big price moves.
I've been trading crypto for 5 years, never really been a pump chaser.

I hope you sold a fraction at $36 and buy back in. Its not all or nothing, take some profits and then re-insert them.
No I’m holding until right after the squeeze ends, planning for down tick. Won’t hit the top of course, no one will maybe like 0.0001%, but I hope to be somewhere near the top 20%.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
It’s a very long explanation. Lots of fail to delivered positions + hedge funds have no money left + continuous option calls landing in the money + FOMO. The volume has always been there, volume drives big price moves.

No I’m holding until right after the squeeze ends, planning for down tick. Won’t hit the top of course, no one will maybe like 0.0001%, but I hope to be somewhere near the top 20%.
Thanks...def not a stock for the faint of heart with today being an example. Was up around 20%+ this morning and is down around 4% last I looked.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

How long does this last and what’s the estimated price it’ll reach?

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Thanks...def not a stock for the faint of heart with today being an example. Was up around 20%+ this morning and is down around 4% last I looked.
Yeah I’ve been constantly increasing my position since December. I notice if people jump in all at once they can’t handle the pride action and they sell.

How long does this last and what’s the estimated price it’ll reach?
Depends on a lot of things - I think 2-4 days of around 25% of the max peak. But honestly no one really knows. Price target there’s a lot of misinformation out there. My own math has it a lot less than the speculative $100k you see.

Reaction Score
Yeah I’ve been constantly increasing my position since December. I notice if people jump in all at once they can’t handle the pride action and they sell.
Kudos @CTBasketball, the abacus has worked quite well. Finally analyzed AMC under the hood last week versus just being humored with a small # of AMC shares bought for sh|ts & giggles, then added a good chunk <25 on Friday's dip.

After previously taking some ridiculous profits on a few global banks which have large prime broker ops, added some IXG puts Friday to complement prior hedged SPY. Minimal cost in case some heavily AMC, GME, etc shorted hedge funds and other aggressively shorted asset managers cause broader carnage others project. Time will tell ...

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Kudos @CTBasketball, the abacus has worked quite well. Finally analyzed AMC under the hood last week versus just being humored with a small # of AMC shares bought for sh|ts & giggles, then added a good chunk <25 on Friday's dip.

After previously taking some ridiculous profits on a few global banks which have large prime broker ops, added some IXG puts Friday to complement prior hedged SPY. Minimal cost in case some heavily AMC, GME, etc shorted hedge funds and other aggressively shorted asset managers cause broader carnage others project. Time will tell ...
There’s a reason why Citadel Capitol has been hiring bankruptcy lawyers since February. And they moved 8.1B of the companies net worth to accounts in the Cayman Islands and China. They can’t stop this run up.

Reaction Score
Paysafe about to blow up ....would be 50 plus if it wasnt a spac. Will control the I-gaming market

Reaction Score
There’s a reason why Citadel Capitol has been hiring bankruptcy lawyers since February. And they moved 8.1B of the companies net worth to accounts in the Cayman Islands and China. They can’t stop this run up.
$8.1B's a lot of shekels, yet Citadel's likely moved even more and they're hardly alone. Shifting some dinero under clam shells in mainland China's interesting, but not expected. Now, Malaysia, maybe Thailand, even HK or less likely SG. Or, Mauritius, Cyprus, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, maybe Jersey and Malta aside from the supposed Maltese compliance with EU tax regs. What's interesting even now is how little recognition appears to exist of potential broader global market impacts. Sure hope not, yet unwilling to avoid some hedges.

Reaction Score
Whoever it was that said Cloudera CLDR was an acquisition play, today that prediction came true
Some NON-tax sheltered account holders of CLDR may appreciate the appreciation, but not so much the unplanned capital gains impacts of the cash sale.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom