OT: Stock trading | Page 145 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Yes. This is the smart play. Unfortunately, it is also difficult. The company to buy is called Plaid, and unfortunately it is private. Visa tried to but it for 5.3 Billion, but now it has been valued much higher in a recent funding round. Plaid valued at $13.4 billion in new funding round - MarketWatch Everybody wants those shares and nobody can get them. Supposedly, Plaid employees and ex employees are solicited to sell their shares on Linked In.

I'd be interested to know who the other core infrastructure providers are. As noted in the Goldman Note on BTC, it's energy consumption is enormous. Bitcoin has a massive carbon footprint. I want to understand what is going to power ETH 2.0.
Well, Ethereum is converting to Proof of Stake from Proof of Work which is outrageously more energy efficient.

Then there are also companies like Matic/Polygon whose sole purpose is to work on further scaling and efficiency issues for ethereum.

Chainlink also has off chain reporting for oracles which has reduced eth gas cost on the link network by 90 %

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
If you are a early BTC guy then you know it’s not a goof. Sell it. Buy a house or two- I’m just not understanding the shade you r throwing and u really don’t make much sense when u r commenting on the topic.
You are funny but I think your missing the point of this thread. We are trying to help each other- thats all. We get you don’t believe- (even though you have a pile of BTC)- contribute something or just stick to the basketball threads. Geez.
'but I think your missing the point of this thread.'
the point of this thread is 'stock-trading' according to it's title. assumedly, that includes things that may affect stocks and the trading of such. and oh, as to the obvious pr tsunami coming aboot mining and it's carbon footprint, well, forewarned is forearmed. bigeast offered a pert near phd level dissertation here years ago on the 'new topic' of the proof of stake/proof of work dynamic.

'contribute something?' howzaboot this:
(last week, here)
'don't they talk to actual employers and hear their common observation that 'no one wants to get off the couch since the free cheese pipeline is wide open?' i do, all the time. we'll leave that mammoth rise for input costs, a favorite real world observation of mine since last fall, alone for today.'
today:
GOP Governors Cut Unemployment Benefits After Disappointing Jobs Report (blackenterprise.com)
that was fast. now, as to hoop talk, not a single soul agreed or even weighed in long ago when i specifically, openly, and notoriously pointed out that the mock draft 'experts' (not here, the 'famous' ones) are also mostly talking farm animals when they placed mr jackson of kentucky in the 30s. i mocked their geniusness then. yesterday, i saw him placed at 7 in a mock.
pro tip, offered as a contribution here:
'we'll leave that mammoth rise for input costs, a favorite real world observation of mine since last fall, alone for today.' on the udder hand, the subtle rotation out of tech and towards industrials, which began months ago, is obvious, right?
all these observations may affect stock prices. ur welcome. give some charity to the less fortunate than you.
now, back to that colonial pipeline thing...
computers-domestic_espionage-computer_espionage-spyware-computer_programs-computer_hacker-kscn1185_low.jpg

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
rick santelli, he of true wisdom (rare for cnbc), just stated 'crypto as a reserve currency? i don't think so! the US dollar will be the reserve currency for a long, long, time.'
yeppers.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
rick santelli, he of true wisdom (rare for cnbc), just stated 'crypto as a reserve currency? i don't think so! the US dollar will be the reserve currency for a long, long, time.'
yeppers.
right but the USD will be a digital dollar with the Feds goal to get rid of the banks and the treasury. FedCoin

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Crypto market and the stock market are both volatile but the stock market isn't based in reality and needs the Fed to keep it afloat. IMO, it's hard to find anything in the stock market for long-term other than SCHD and other dividend funds and stocks. With that being said, BTC is backed by nothing other than name recognition and it could tank and bring the entire crypto market with it. Crypto could tank with any regulation talk. The same could happen with the stock market with whispers from the Fed of "raising rates".

Hard to choose. Would be great to to just save and earn interest but those days are done. There are ways to earn a yield in crypto with Blockfi and Celsius. Celsius offers great APY: 10% USDC, 13.99% for matic, link 3.00%. Again, if you use these services you don't own your crypto so you have to be confident giving them away. Rates are at the bottom

Reaction Score
Bloodbath set to continue today.
Yes, yet also some likeable pre-market and early discounts for LT investors such as yourself, e.g., added some chips, CRWD, FEYE, PLTR and VWDRY each near today's bottoms. Also, bought initial DOCU for LT hold < $181. DOCU's bounced back to $195. Even if it tanks lower than 181, 180's about the same as 1 year ago, and I'll add more.

Reaction Score
Sold some BTC and bought some LINK. Have some cash left over. Debated Cardano, but it's really hot lately.
The problem with cardano, unless otherwise updated, is they're trying to develop their own and/or inferior oracles from the industry standard (you know who that is) for their platform. That's a big no no charles hoskinson.

Also there is no Dapp or anything running on Cardano right now. All you can do is stake coins. Not a whole lot for the past 4 years (just my opinion)

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
When I say reserve currency, when all the bitcoin is mined, and it is over, some will be lost for many reasons, the individual coin will be the backbone of the crypto market. Investors are already using it as a hedge against inflation.

What other investment vehicle is as scarce as BitCoin? I think gold is a good analogy.
BTC won't be the reserve currency. The Fed will turn the USD into FEDCOIN or maybe even take USDC. Some countries will go back to a gold-backed currency while others won't. There are a few cryptocurrencies out there like $KIN that people think could be used

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
People buying BTC with Paypal and other institutions are buying BTC for those institutions. The institutions own it. Buy BTC off of Coinbase or other exchanges and remove it to a private wallet

Reaction Score
I'm a total blockchain/ethereum amateur here, but is Ethereum becoming a victim of it's own success with the high gas fees lately? It seems like this would need to be resolved for it to continue to be successful.

Reaction Score
Buy BTC off of Coinbase or other exchanges and remove it to a private wallet
@UConnSwag, @uconntoatl helpfully tells less-clued-in-types like me to buy LINK. Unlike BTC's purported reserve currency/ store of value (I'll call BS on), I get blockchain's current/ prospective benefits and LINK's complement/ alternative to SWIFT. Hence, LINK's the route I'm going. Aside from appreciating people using PYPL to benefit my shares, what's up with some people appearing to find fault with Coinbase? Or, are they just newbies screwing up using Coinbase?

When COIN tanked to $255 Thursday, I bought a chunk of shares before it dropped a few more bucks. No clue on the Coinbase whiners' operational complaints, but COIN > $300 now and an Oppenheimer analyst's enthusiatic COIN upgrade today ain't exactly bad.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
@UConnSwag, @uconntoatl helpfully tells less-clued-in-types like me to buy LINK. Unlike BTC's purported reserve currency/ store of value (I'll call BS on), I get blockchain's current/ prospective benefits and LINK's complement/ alternative to SWIFT. Hence, LINK's the route I'm going. Aside from appreciating people using PYPL to benefit my shares, what's up with some people appearing to find fault with Coinbase? Or, are they just newbies screwing up using Coinbase?

When COIN tanked to $255 Thursday, I bought a chunk of shares before it dropped a few more bucks. No clue on the Coinbase whiners' operational complaints, but COIN > $300 now and an Oppenheimer analyst's enthusiatic COIN upgrade today ain't exactly bad.

I think it has advantages because it's more user friendly. The hardcore crypto geeks usually prefer other exchanges and means of purchase. That's fine. The growth is all going to come from newbies, who want an app and website that work like every brokerage or bank app and website they have used.

Edit: That said, the fees are really, really high. Especially for a 0$ trader on Fidelity like me. If something else comes along that offers the same ease of use at lower fees, I will move on.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

You pay a good price for the ease of use. Binance.US has much lower fees and a larger selection of alt coins. Coinbase lists a lot of coins in the market update not currently supported by the platform.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Cost to borrow AMC is over 200% lol

I did buy Cardano at $1.26 and it’s doing nicely.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
my thread on this was removed. whattayoo, special? lol. as always with my posts, still very real, whether removed, or not. i mean, it's not like the colonial thing has any effect on 'stock-trading,' .... or does it?
'i mean, it's not like the colonial thing has any effect on 'stock-trading,' .... or does it?'
Richmond gas station charges $6.99 a gallon amid gasoline shortage (wtvr.com)
multiple states now declare 'state of emergency.'

'we'll leave that mammoth rise for input costs, a favorite real world observation of mine since last fall, alone for today.'
i guess 'mammoth rise for input costs' is now a woke thing.
United States Inflation Rate | 1914-2021 Data | 2022-2023 Forecast | Calendar (tradingeconomics.com)
sum kind of tv business clown mumbojumbo rollin across the airwaves today talkin aboot price rises 'worst since 1981...' don't they read the boneyard?

pro tip: msft holders sleep good at night. they must have read the by since 11/2018.

swift ain't going anywhere. 'If' by rudyard kipling is still a nice, and helpful, essay on life, particularly since u cain't spell 'swift' or 'life' without it. change has come! just not the good change of the previous 4 years. buckle up, or buckle down. whichever it is, just remember to buckle cuz iffn u don't, ur stuff/life may just do that. unforced, self-inflicted errors across our land. turrible.

our poor folks will suffer the most from the recent foolishness. disgusting.
but hey! i'll hookup the traders here for today, becuz i like to contribute:
todays key worldwide 'data' point will be this afternoons ten year auction. i have no clue as to what will happen (do you?), but i do know that my point here months ago, ie 'has the Fed lost control of its' markets?' is now an all-to-real question for the formerly 'unwoke.'

dow 34,000 nasdaq 13,000 s+p 4000 - are these the 'tops?'

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The question I have is when I buy more ARK, to dollar cost average down. I am definitely still long those funds over time. @Da_Aisijimo_Gou any thoughts? I am wary of trying to time the market. Sold some stuff today to free cash to go back in on ARKK and others.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom