OT: Stock trading | Page 144 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
'plenty of time to have both epic wins and losses.'
huh, that was quick.
What the dogecoin army is saying as the cryptocurrency’s 30% tumble triggers a bearish break in the long-term trend line - MarketWatch
sumbody here owes me sum gold tulips, or sumthing like that. im easy, and will gladly accept a bag of micky d's mcdoubles as payment instead. i can, and do eat a lot of different things, but gold tulips ain't on my takeaway menu.
Uh, everybody and their mother knew Dogecoin was a pump and dump. Its just the people that don't have a clue that thought they had some revelation by calling it.

Reaction Score
Uh, everybody and their mother knew Dogecoin was a pump and dump. Its just the people that don't have a clue that thought they had some revelation by calling it.
If you were in early - doge went up 20,000%. If if goes from .70 to .40 it means very little it just a 2-3x.

Reaction Score
If you were in early - doge went up 20,000%. If if goes from .70 to .40 it means very little it just a 2-3x.
Its still a joke coin. In my opinion, not good for the crypto ecosystem. One that's trying to become substantiated. Thanks Elon.

In fact, a lot of people that "got in early" were getting them free for signing up on exchanges. Those exchanges are getting rekt.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
'plenty of time to have both epic wins and losses.'
huh, that was quick.
What the dogecoin army is saying as the cryptocurrency’s 30% tumble triggers a bearish break in the long-term trend line - MarketWatch
sumbody here owes me sum gold tulips, or sumthing like that. im easy, and will gladly accept a bag of micky d's mcdoubles as payment instead. i can, and do eat a lot of different things, but gold tulips ain't on my takeaway menu.
I was late to party. Ethereum seems like a better play. I don't think Doge has a long runway left. How much higher can it reasonably go? 40% to 1 dollar?

I think ETH is better and maybe even ethereum classic worth holding. I am late to crypto, but I am going to go with ETH for the long haul. Doge is fun, but i don't see the runway. Impossible for it to go higher than $1.

Also, saw some discussions that Bitcoin is kind of like gold. Since there is a finite resource of bitcoin available, it is going to end up kinda like gold is as a reserve currency. I like that analogy.

Reaction Score
I was late to party. Ethereum seems like a better play. I don't think Doge has a long runway left. How much higher can it reasonably go? 40% to 1 dollar?

I think ETH is better and maybe even ethereum classic worth holding. I am late to crypto, but I am going to go with ETH for the long haul. Doge is fun, but i don't see the runway. Impossible for it to go higher than $1.

Also, saw some discussions that Bitcoin is kind of like gold. Since there is a finite resource of bitcoin available, it is going to end up kinda like gold is as a reserve currency. I like that analogy.
You are not too late to invest in crypto. But please do not start by buying DOGE. its up 14000%- all the money has been made that matters and it is a joke coin.
if you want something outside of the solid projects like ETH-that is quirky- I love HEX.
It’s like a certificate of deposit -designed to increase in value. its a little harder to buy but you can put in a little money- stake the hex then forget about it till you re-stake it again. It’s been a steady 2000% a year for me so far.

Reaction Score

I'm offended Doge is even mentioned in conversation with Ethereum.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'Also, saw some discussions that Bitcoin is kind of like gold. Since there is a finite resource of bitcoin available, it is going to end up kinda like gold is as a reserve currency. I like that analogy.'
suuuuure it will. at least 5,500 years of human history vs. a figurative 5 and a half months of crypto history. not a 'goldbug' at this time, but also not dismissive of legit resumes either.
but u are right that in some circles, of course bitcoin 'is going to end up kinda like gold is as a reserve currency.' very small circles, but circles nonetheless. circlejerks, methinks.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Colonial Pipeline.
my thread on this was removed. whattayoo, special? lol. as always with my posts, still very real, whether removed, or not. i mean, it's not like the colonial thing has any effect on 'stock-trading,' .... or does it?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
'Also, saw some discussions that Bitcoin is kind of like gold. Since there is a finite resource of bitcoin available, it is going to end up kinda like gold is as a reserve currency. I like that analogy.'
suuuuure it will. at least 5,500 years of human history vs. a figurative 5 and a half months of crypto history. not a 'goldbug' at this time, but also not dismissive of legit resumes either.
but u are right that in some circles, of course bitcoin 'is going to end up kinda like gold is as a reserve currency.' very small circles, but circles nonetheless. circlejerks, methinks.
With all the weed you smoke you should have been an early adopter of crypto.
You do realize that most of your posts make no sense and frankly add zero to this conversation about investing. Everyone here is simply trying to help other UConn fans- that’s all- nobody is moving any markets with their purchase.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
You do realize that most of your posts make no sense and frankly add zero to this conversation about investing. Everyone here is simply trying to help other UConn fans- that’s all- nobody is moving any markets with their purchase.
we bought, and still hold, bitcoin at the beginning, as a goof. we also buy scratch-off tix too. dollar (actually a few k dollars then- who knew? i certainly did not. on the udder hand, i firmly believe that 'someone has to be lucky, why not me?') and a dream dontchaknow. iirc, it was after a very fortunate trip to the mohegans. i had my 'a' game blackjack mojo on that weekend. i've also had 'f' game weekends too.
and why r u yelling at me? i don't see any posters names in my post. iffn you don't like or agree with the words, why don't u just attack the thought, instead of the thinker of the thought?
here's another thought regarding all things crypto, regardless of what that japanese guy thought - hack (as in things digital) -a-potamus is a real live animal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm offended Doge is even mentioned in conversation with Ethereum.
LOL. Doge is fun. But I am going to just dump cash in ETH. I really like its potential and that seems solid foundation. I think it has a chance for sizeable gains long term even if it comes back a bit.

What's the deal with ETC? I understand the fork, but why is grayscale in ETC hard? I am trying to figure that one out. I will check out HEX. Thanks.

I an really interested in a Crypto ETF. TBH./

Reaction Score
When I say reserve currency, when all the bitcoin is mined, and it is over, some will be lost for many reasons, the individual coin will be the backbone of the crypto market. Investors are already using it as a hedge against inflation.

What other investment vehicle is as scarce as BitCoin? I think gold is a good analogy.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
When I say reserve currency, when all the bitcoin is mined, and it is over, some will be lost for many reasons, the individual coin will be the backbone of the crypto market. Investors are already using it as a hedge against inflation.

What other investment vehicle is as scarce as BitCoin? I think gold is a good analogy.
ummm, this one?
'It is considered the rarest and most valuable precious metal in the world.'
RHODIUM | 2012-2021 Data | 2022-2023 Forecast | Price | Quote | Chart | Historical (tradingeconomics.com)
and u probably use it every day.
in just the last few years, it's moved from around 2k to 28k today.
south africa supplies around 80%. today, number one guy there sez to number 2 guy 'u gotta leave now.' number 2 guy there sez to number one guy 'no, you gotta leave now.' forecast? cloudy with a good chance for guns.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Normally something labeled a store of value is not volatile. Bitcoin is highly volatile. I get the analogy, but it doesn't really work in comparison to Gold. Lots of things are scarce and worthless. I am debating cashing out of mine and looking at other crypto. Just fired up my offline wallet today.
Goldman view on BTC.

The value I see in some other crypto is in using blockchain to do things. Smart contracts, NFTs, financial applications on LINK.

Reaction Score
Blockchain, LINK ==> Complements &/or alternatives to SWIFT
20210510_170007.jpg

Reaction Score
we bought, and still hold, bitcoin at the beginning, as a goof. we also buy scratch-off tix too. dollar (actually a few k dollars then- who knew? i certainly did not. on the udder hand, i firmly believe that 'someone has to be lucky, why not me?') and a dream dontchaknow. iirc, it was after a very fortunate trip to the mohegans. i had my 'a' game blackjack mojo on that weekend. i've also had 'f' game weekends too.
and why r u yelling at me? i don't see any posters names in my post. iffn you don't like or agree with the words, why don't u just attack the thought, instead of the thinker of the thought?
here's another thought regarding all things crypto, regardless of what that japanese guy thought - hack (as in things digital) -a-potamus is a real live animal.
If you are a early BTC guy then you know it’s not a goof. Sell it. Buy a house or two- I’m just not understanding the shade you r throwing and u really don’t make much sense when u r commenting on the topic.
You are funny but I think your missing the point of this thread. We are trying to help each other- thats all. We get you don’t believe- (even though you have a pile of BTC)- contribute something or just stick to the basketball threads. Geez.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
CEO of Grayscale. You know the vibez View attachment 67367

Yes. This is the smart play. Unfortunately, it is also difficult. The company to buy is called Plaid, and unfortunately it is private. Visa tried to but it for 5.3 Billion, but now it has been valued much higher in a recent funding round. Plaid valued at $13.4 billion in new funding round - MarketWatch Everybody wants those shares and nobody can get them. Supposedly, Plaid employees and ex employees are solicited to sell their shares on Linked In.

I'd be interested to know who the other core infrastructure providers are. As noted in the Goldman Note on BTC, it's energy consumption is enormous. Bitcoin has a massive carbon footprint. I want to understand what is going to power ETH 2.0.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom