OT: Stock trading | Page 142 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Can also consider some of the high interest lending platforms like Celsius and BlockFi. They pay some decent APRs. A real alternative to CDs with stable coins at 10% APR and no time requirements.

ETCG one to watch as Ethereum takes off.. up 68% in last 3 days and expect ETH to keep moving upwards

Reaction Score
NFTs you say?

Chainlink takes it one step further with dynamic NFTs. NFTs that are constantly updated and changed based on new real world data. Think digital sports trading cards.

Screenshot_20210505-123941_Chrome.jpg

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
I believe in LINK and I still have hope for ADA and also HBAR. I have enough in LINK to make a couple bucks but my moon shot is that someday ADA, VET or HBAR will take off. Hodling some DOGE I bought at .03 which got me started in trading but I don't really believe in it. Wish I did though, because my $48 invested is worth $1660 right now ?.

Reaction Score
January ‘22 Price target?
For Link? My safe bet is $100-200. With that being said, I will never think about selling link until explicit staking goes live on their network. In fact, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I had to tell my future kids I sold link before explicit staking.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Really great breakdown of Chainlink by chainlinkgod if you're interested in becoming even more based. Starts around the 10 minuter mark. Make sure to have a drink it hand for what your mind is about to endure.

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
For Link? My safe bet is $100-200. With that being said, I will never think about selling link until implicit staking goes live on their network. In fact, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I had to tell my future kids I sold link before implicit staking.

I would buy more if I knew what the hell that even is lol

Reaction Score
Really great breakdown of Chainlink by chainlinkgod if you're interested in becoming even more based. Starts around the 10 minuter mark. Make sure to have a drink it hand for what your mind is about to endure.

To put things into perspective, you and Scot-e were talking up LINK at 6$ or so. We can find out for sure in the first 10 pages of this thread. I waited and waited, mostly because I had no idea where to even buy it, I finally got in at $17, watched it plummet to $8 and regret not pouring every penny I had into it then before it has 6 times from there. Congrats to all of us who were in early, I think there’s so much room to run from here.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Should’ve mentioned $TEL awhile ago. $VET & $MATIC are others to get in on. I mentioned $xdc earlier

Reaction Score
To the LINK hodlers here, I dropped and consolidated all my alts I bought in 2017 to BTC and ETH back in 2019. Obviously alts have been on fire the last few months, even more so then ETH and BTC. Would the LINK hodlers mind chiming in on why LINK is as good or a better investment then ETH?

I know several on here have been touting LINK since the sub-$8 range so wanted to know some of your thoughts at current price levels.

Reaction Score
To the LINK hodlers here, I dropped and consolidated all my alts I bought in 2017 to BTC and ETH back in 2019. Obviously alts have been on fire the last few months, even more so then ETH and BTC. Would the LINK hodlers mind chiming in on why LINK is as good or a better investment then ETH?

I know several on here have been touting LINK since the sub-$8 range so wanted to know some of your thoughts at current price levels.

Honestly, I hold both. They both need each other in a way. Chainlink was created on Ethereum, but chainlink is blockchain agnostic. It can be deployed on any blockchain (as chainlink is not a blockchain itself, but a decentralized oracle network). This is why chainlink has over 500 plus integrations across different blockchains like Ethereum/Zilliqa/Polkadot and decentralized finance like Aave and Synthetix.

When it comes to smart contract blockchain platforms like Ethereum, the secure nature of blockchains do not allow them to interact with data feeds that occur off-chain (weather and sports to name a few) Therefore, smart contracts are limited to just the transfer of tokens from one wallet to another.

Chainlink acts as "the bridge" to bring all the data that occurs offline to the blockchain with smart contracts, called "hybrid smart contracts". This allows the automatic trustless execution of sports bets, price feeds, all insurance, so on and so on and so on. Chainlink does this in a decentralized way aggregating the data from different data sources that act independently from one another, thus there is no single point of failure.

IMPORTANCE of the Link Token:

Any person, group, or company that wants to provide data to the Chainlink network is called a Node or Node Operator. Nodes get rewarded in Link for providing an accurate data feed to a smart contract. To ensure Nodes are providing accurate data, the node is required to stake their own link tokens as collateral that they will lose if they provide inaccurate data. Remember though, that these hybrid smart contracts using Chainlink will pull the same data from multiple node operators, not just one. The more value locked into the smart contract, the more node sources the smart contract parties will want to pull from, to ensure a more accurate representation of the data. Nodes prove themselves and the accuracy of there data by staking more link than the next node offering the same data.

So the more different types of data that can be deployed on the blockchain across different blockchains via chainlink, the more and more smart contract uses there are. This, in turn, means more link will have to be used and staked. Also remember, the more value locked into a hybrid smart contract, the more link will be needed as higher value smart contracts will want more nodes to pull data from, therefore more link is used as collateral and more link will be needed to reward these node operators.

Since most DeFI protocols operate on Ethereum, Ethereum is the Grandmaster, but Chainlink is the Beastmaster.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LINK is just starting.....
Quite frankly, not nearly as much as some 3rd party Da_Aisijimo_Gou still figuring out how to securely buy and hold LINK. If only Da_Aisijimo_Gou appropriately allocated more time to better understand so many helpful @uconntoatl posts and video links. Baby steps, The_Big_Eskimo_Dog now appreciates it'd be good for a few HK tenants preferring to pay in crypto to pay LINK to some Beastmaster wallet-like concoction versus paying HKD or even BTC.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Honestly, I hold both. They both need each other in a way. Chainlink was created on Ethereum, but chainlink is blockchain agnostic. It can be deployed on any blockchain (as chainlink is not a blockchain itself, but a decentralized oracle network). This is why chainlink has over 500 plus integrations across different blockchains like Ethereum/Zilliqa/Polkadot and decentralized finance like Aave and Synthetix.

When it comes to smart contract blockchain platforms like Ethereum, the secure nature of blockchains do not allow them to interact with data feeds that occur off-chain (weather and sports to name a few) Therefore, smart contracts are limited to just the transfer of tokens from one wallet to another.

Chainlink acts as "the bridge" to bring all the data that occurs offline to the blockchain with smart contracts, called "hybrid smart contracts". This allows the automatic trustless execution of sports bets, price feeds, all insurance, so on and so on and so on. Chainlink does this in a decentralized way aggregating the data from different data sources that act independently from one another, thus there is no single point of failure.

Any person, group, or company that wants to provide data to the Chainlink network is called a Node or Node Operator. Nodes get rewarded in Link for providing an accurate data feed to a smart contract. To ensure Nodes are providing accurate data, the node is required to stake their own link tokens as collateral that they will lose if they provide inaccurate data. Remember though, that these hybrid smart contracts using Chainlink will pull the same data from multiple node operators, not just one. The more value locked into the smart contract, the more node sources the smart contract parties will want to pull from, to ensure a more accurate representation of the data. Nodes prove themselves and the accuracy of there data by staking more link than the next node offering the same data.

So the more different types of data that can be deployed on the blockchain across different blockchains via chainlink, the more and more smart contract uses there are. This, in turn, means more link will have to be used and staked. Also remember, the more value locked into a hybrid smart contract, the more link will be needed as higher value smart contracts will want more nodes to pull data from, therefore more link is used as collateral and more link will be needed to reward these node operators.

Since most DeFI protocols operate on Ethereum, Ethereum is the Grandmaster, but Chainlink is the Beastmaster.
an excellent and outstanding analysis, yet highly dependant upon one variable, the availability/accuracy of data. whether widely known, let aside understood, or not, the internet has begun it's steady devolvement into 'not www.' the age of 'net confederations' with different protocols/access is now upon us. it should be more obvious any year now. on the udder hand, this financially incentivized model for truth may, in fact, work to increase the availability for it. let's hope so.

Reaction Score
an excellent and outstanding analysis, yet highly dependant upon one variable, the availability/accuracy of data. whether widely known, let aside understood, or not, the internet has begun it's steady devolvement into 'not www.' the age of 'net confederations' with different protocols/access is now upon us. it should be more obvious any year now. on the udder hand, this financially incentivized model for truth may, in fact, work to increase the availability for it. let's hope so.
I think if you do a deeper dive into the chainlink whitepaper 2.0, they address all of this in greater details. In theory, the accuracy of the data acts the same ways miners act for Bitcoin. It would take an unheard of amount of social coordination to verify bad data across different nodes in an oracle network, as they are incentivized to do otherwise. I believe nodes are required to provide what APIs they are using for further transparency.

Alos, tqke a look at all the patents Ari Juels has in the space with regards to this. We are in good hands
20210506_203240.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I think if you do a deeper dive into the chainlink whitepaper 2.0, they address all of this in greater details. In theory, the accuracy of the data acts the same ways miners act for Bitcoin. It would take an unheard of amount of social coordination to verify bad data across different nodes in an oracle network, as they are incentivized to do otherwise. I believe nodes are required to provide what APIs they are using for further transparency.

Alos, tqke a look at all the patents Ari Juels has in the space with regards to this. We are in good hands View attachment 67301
Heard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom