OT: Stock trading | Page 140 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
I have a really stupid stock question, so forgive my ignorance. I was given a share or two of Disney stock as a gift probably 25-30 years ago but have no idea how to track what that looks like now. I believe I have all the initial information that I was given but haven’t a clue how to go about finding out it’s current status?

Call Computershare their Transfer Agent they should be able to look you up by SSN.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Does anyone have any recommendations for the platforms and the process for investing in something like Vechain? The platforms I use don’t offer it.
Is it legal in the US? I know you can trade it on Binance and KuCoin, but is it not allowed to trade in the US?
Bitrue

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Binance.us is not available in Connecticut yet. I was not aware of this until recently. Frustrating because I've been holding crypto in regular Binance for a few years and I can't access it.
Pretty sure it’s available

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score

It was just uplisted. MMEDF is done. Converted to mnmd on Tues. Still loving it along with CRLBF and TCNNF. Shroomwise cmps is down atai will list later. Mnmd has a robust pipeline but I'm just making money.
MNMD is going to revolutionize medicine for anxiety, depression, pstd, etc. Most that have self medicated with psychedelics get it.

It will benefit from distancing itself from the recreational element and is all business. Advancing this medicine will save countless lives and has a high efficacy rate (anecdotally) and will really take off if they can market away the stigma. Mr. Wonderful is involved in this one which offers legitimate credibility as well. This is one to file away as a long game play.

Reaction Score
NOK NOK, who's there? Profit, and I've been away for a while. 18% gap up this morning for all you mall stockers.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
MNMD is going to revolutionize medicine for anxiety, depression, pstd, etc. Most that have self medicated with psychedelics get it.

It will benefit from distancing itself from the recreational element and is all business. Advancing this medicine will save countless lives and has a high efficacy rate (anecdotally) and will really take off if they can market away the stigma. Mr. Wonderful is involved in this one which offers legitimate credibility as well. This is one to file away as a long game play.
Maybe late to the party but MNMD sounds tempting. Have you looked at VTGN at all in comparison? My bros-in-law recommended it so I took a flyer on it a couple of months ago but it sounds like they deal with the same types of medicine specifically a nasal spray going into Phase III trials soon for anxiety, depression, etc. I think after this last year, people will need it...

Reaction Score
I’m 100% a stock noob but any of you in on XXII? A friend told me about it a couple of years ago so I bought some cheap shares, it recently got up in the $5 range. They have some sort of patent on tobacco plants bred to be low in nicotine, so when the FDA limits nicotine content in cigs, it’s expected to go nuts. Also have other irons in the fire with tweaking hemp plants, MJ plants, and a new top secret angle that some believe is hop driven to make new breeds of hops for beer brewing. After years thinking I should drop this stock that’s going nowhere I now feel like it’s headed for a future

Reaction Score
I have a coworker who is all over AMC and doing a small buy in may be worth it just to calm him down. He's already planning where to buy his second or third house.

stay away. Way too much debt. They keep diluting with offerings. 500 million sharesMade sense when < than 3. Sold my position when it was 14 and glad I did.

misery loves company

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
stay away. Way too much debt. They keep diluting with offerings. 500 million sharesMade sense when < than 3. Sold my position when it was 14 and glad I did.

misery loves company
You need to do your own research before listening to just Motley Fool.

AMC’s CEO vowed to not add $500M shares the other day. The initial 500M shares was discussed in order to bait hedge funds to further short the stock. It’s at 100% utilization, meaning every share is bought or shorted already. Any additional short positions requires heavy interest on each share.

No one is selling the stock either. Vanguard and Blackrock bought like 20% of the company, because they want to take down rival HF Citadel Capital.

Reaction Score
You need to do your own research before listening to just Motley Fool.

AMC’s CEO vowed to not add $500M shares the other day. The initial 500M shares was discussed in order to bait hedge funds to further short the stock. It’s at 100% utilization, meaning every share is bought or shorted already. Any additional short positions requires heavy interest on each share.

No one is selling the stock either. Vanguard and Blackrock bought like 20% of the company, because they want to take down rival HF Citadel Capital.
You didn't address the major issue which is too much debt. Also maybe that movies continue to suck and no one is going right now. The Academy Awards went over like a lead balloon. What's the upside, Top Gun?
Dilution can be real, but obviously in recent market world the public desire for a stock can override that concern.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
You didn't address the major issue which is too much debt. Also maybe that movies continue to suck and no one is going right now. The Academy Awards went over like a lead balloon. What's the upside, Top Gun?
Dilution can be real, but obviously in recent market world the public desire for a stock can override that concern.
I’m not holding AMC because it’s a good company, it has debt yes. But it’s in a unique situation where debt doesn’t really matter here.

The whole point of holding AMC is to get it to short squeeze. When it squeezes there will be a big sell off and no more debt.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’m not holding AMC because it’s a good company, it has debt yes. But it’s in a unique situation where debt doesn’t really matter here.

The whole point of holding AMC is to get it to short squeeze. When it squeezes there will be a big sell off and no more debt.

I thought GameStop should’ve 100% issues new shares during that complete nonsense a while back.

buy the damn strip malls you’re in to diversify your income, upgrade your e-commerce platform. Lots of things they could’ve done for a stock that was literally trading for at least 30x what it’s really worth

Reaction Score
AMC’s CEO vowed to not add $500M shares the other day. The initial 500M shares was discussed in order to bait hedge funds to further short the stock. It’s at 100% utilization, meaning every share is bought or shorted already. Any additional short positions requires heavy interest on each share. No one is selling the stock either. Vanguard and Blackrock bought like 20% of the company, because they want to take down rival HF Citadel Capital.
Given AMC's a Russell 2000 component, which % of the "like 20% of the company" shares do you speculate Vanguard and BLK recently bought to purportedly "take down rival HF Citadel Capital" versus the 2 fund managers just buying shares consistent with their Russell 2000-indexed fund requirements?

Reaction Score
Toss out a couple solar-enablers recently buying on dips: HASI (solar infrastructure/services REIT) and SHLS (recent IPO, tech/infrastructure, 1st earnings report Monday). Potentially, more buy and holds than for day trading. After this post, of course both may solar crash and burn.

Noting the US' belatedly announced plans to limit Indian arrival flights and lessons learned after failures to act with mainland China, western Europe, and Hong Kong 1Q20, I'm adding more FLIN on current dips. As tragic as the ongoing SARS-2 mutations and government failures are for the Indian people, the South Asian nation will eventually bounce back. LT perspective, ideally similar to successes after late March-May buys in the US and subsequently in Europe.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Given AMC's a Russell 2000 component, which % of the "like 20% of the company" shares do you speculate Vanguard and BLK recently bought to purportedly "take down rival HF Citadel Capital" versus the 2 fund managers just buying shares consistent with their Russell 2000-indexed fund requirements?
Last time I ran the numbers it was around 14%, with Vanguard and Blackrock increasing their positions by 50% - 70% each quarter.

Reaction Score
He has no clue what he is talking about and is a real danger to anyone that pays attention to him on this board. Saying things like "debt doesn't matter here" and "when it squeezes there will be a big sell off and no more debt" make absolutely no sense. In addition to what you correctly point out about two index managers buying what's in their index per their mandate.

Reaction Score
Last time I ran the numbers it was around 14%, with Vanguard and Blackrock increasing their positions by 50% - 70% each quarter.
What they buy is a result of 1) the company's weighting in its underlying index, and 2) their fund flows. So 50%-70% each quarter is meaningless unto itself. You have no idea what their fund flows were, nor do you have any idea what they may have bought as active vs passive. You're just making stuff up.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
What they buy is a result of 1) the company's weighting in its underlying index, and 2) their fund flows. So 50%-70% each quarter is meaningless unto itself. You have no idea what their fund flows were, nor do you have any idea what they may have bought as active vs passive. You're just making stuff up.
You can track how much they buy positions into the company on a quarterly basis.

Reaction Score
You can track how much they buy positions into the company on a quarterly basis.
GET OUT MAN!
AMC/GME sound like they’re part of Q

serious cult stuff (getting very cesspool, I know)

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
GET OUT MAN!
AMC/GME sound like they’re part of Q

serious cult stuff (getting very cesspool, I know)
I’ve actually been cost averaging down. I’m in it a decent amount.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom