OT: Stock trading | Page 136 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score

Seems a bit silly and tough to understand to me, but so did crypto 10 years ago.

Reaction Score

Ill leave this here and let you connect the dots. All roads lead back to chainlink. Oh my, what good company they keep.

Reaction Score
My son is in tech and while riding our bikes one day he tried to explain to me why crypto currencies are a legitimate store of value. For the life of me I can’t understand it.

I‘ve been in business and finance my entire career and I’ve accepted that this is something that is beyond my ability to comprehend.
I met with a financially adviser the other week and I had to explain what mining was to them. That's when I realized I didn't need a financial adviser.

Reaction Score

Ill leave this here and let you connect the dots. All roads lead back to chainlink. Oh my, what good company they keep.
someone watches Chico : )

Reaction Score
My son is in tech and while riding our bikes one day he tried to explain to me why crypto currencies are a legitimate store of value. For the life of me I can’t understand it.

I‘ve been in business and finance my entire career and I’ve accepted that this is something that is beyond my ability to comprehend.
The interesting thing here is they're not intended to be a "store" in value. They're not a commodity. They're intended to be a currency.

Reaction Score
Same story with me and my nephew. He explains and dabbles, I don't understand. Don't even get me started on "mining".

Im clueless too, but buddy of mine on a decent rig mined over 375,000 doge back in 2015.

Sold some during the 1st big run for 15k. Literal free $$$
still has over 120k

Reaction Score
For those who do not understand crypto, three simple points.

1. Some thing have value in use others value in exchange. The two are not necessarily correlated.
2. Anything with very high value in exchange but low value in use will maintain its value as long as someone is willing to pay.
3 The is nothing wrong with 'greater fool' investing so long as you are not the 'greater fool'.

Reaction Score
A currency without any underlying store of value?
Ha, ask the people that stored their bitcoin on a flash drive years ago and can't find it or on Mt. Gox. I'd rather dig a hole in the back yard than store my savings in crypto. However, I will give you this, in countries where the banking systems are crap, it almost makes sense.

Interesting you bring this up though. I'm hearing stories of people who have their Doge currently held up on exchanges like Cryptopia. Can you imagine?

Just remember, not your keys, not your coins.

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Well, say what you want about the full faith and credit of the US Treasury......but that counts for something.
Sure but it’s still a house of cards that can tumble.

Reaction Score
For those who do not understand crypto, three simple points.

1. Some thing have value in use others value in exchange. The two are not necessarily correlated.
2. Anything with very high value in exchange but low value in use will maintain its value as long as someone is willing to pay.
3 The is nothing wrong with 'greater fool' investing so long as you are not the 'greater fool'.

Turns out I do understand crypto.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm still holding but been getting pummeled.

At a price below $1.30 pummeling is less of a risk.

There has to be companies who will make a kling in recycling and reclaiming rare metals required for future counting needs.

One thing the 'rona and confronting China and Russia have shown is US has major weakness in securing our own domestic supply chain.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

Dutch Tulip Bulb Market Bubble Definition (investopedia.com)
and, as far as our greenback and it's overall longterm perceived value, don't forget the part of its' calculus including f-35s and our buggy rolling around Mars today, and it's launching drones up into that 'sky.' and micky d's.
now, aboot the chicom governments current attempt at, err, umm, ... forced expropriation of capital from its people, well, techno cash weighs a lot less in the pocket than gold, and we don't make $1,000 and $10,000 notes no more. that, plus our current mania for speculation, ...
that poster is correct in 'There is nothing wrong with 'greater fool' investing so long as you are not the 'greater fool' but it always is a fine, fine line for deciding when to pull ur chips off the table.
buenos suerte!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom