OT: Stock trading | Page 129 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Its tough, seems like the new money and investors euphoria of past months is over, equal parts down & up seems the new short term normal. Losers equally likely as winners & not necessarily based on data.
But stimulus $ would give both a news bump and new $ into market/economy.
And bond yields tanking is also likely to move money into market, though more large equity cos.
Overall then I think time to pick stocks you want to park money into long-term and then wait out next 1-2yrs.

ARK ETFs should not be a short term trade. The whole point of each of those funds is that they target disruptive technologies and companies that can help change whole industries. Like what Netflix did to Blockbuster, and Amazon did to Barnes & Noble, and then to almost everybody. What Uber did to the taxi industry. The pace of change isn't slowing, it's accelerating. These things tend to surprise people when they happen. Ark is trying to see them before they happen.

Reaction Score
ARK ETFs should not be a short term trade. The whole point of each of those funds is that they target disruptive technologies and companies that can help change whole industries. Like what Netflix did to Blockbuster, and Amazon did to Barnes & Noble, and then to almost everybody. What Uber did to the taxi industry. The pace of change isn't slowing, it's accelerating. These things tend to surprise people when they happen. Ark is trying to see them before they happen.
I hear you, but on the other hand, there is no way that Tesla should have a market cap equivalent to the rest of the auto industry combined. I think it's a bit overheated.

Reaction Score
I hear you, but on the other hand, there is no way that Tesla should have a market cap equivalent to the rest of the auto industry combined. I think it's a bit overheated.
I agree too, those contain a mix of companies with ability to weather storms, sure have some dips but long-run offset by tech/productivity/innovation gains.
Yet at same time its hard to not look at Cathie Wood's theory of 15% annual growth in companies and being tempted to cash out when appreciation of indiv companies or the ETF far exceeds that. When combined with the over-weighting risk of Tesla in 2 or 3 of their funds there is a case to trade in & out of the predictable waves. You'll get tossed a few times but at least potentially could do better than riding along.
Or history says that market timing is a sucker's bet, you'll begin obsessively watching the waves & are bound to get seasick and then you screw it up.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
Despite a red day in the market, WKHS was an obvious bounce play today...dissapointed in myself I didn't entertain that.

RIDE has earnings 3/3 and it looks like the reversal is there as it's sitting on a confluence of supports. I think there's a chance it dips to 17.15, but the straightforward play is to hold to the triple top it's built. They are now at 100k preorders for the Endurance truck, up from 60k in Nov. Mostly commercial fleets, which bodes well.

Other than that, I've added to DPLS as this is IMO the best deal out there. This is going to probably be a gradual increase over the summer but is in line for an explosive 3Q/4Q as they anticipate their first revenues. This company has the technology to monitor pipelines, cables, nuclear, border walls, spaceships, checkpoints, etc. Some of these in the case of pipelines, oil rigs, mining, ought to be mandated IMO.

A couple other in befores: WSGF, RBNW, and LLIT (shell company for the NewEgg merger)
A correction to RIDE earning report date....it is actually 4/16-4/19. Tradingview had this incorrect. But it did recieve a partnership agreement with Holloman, a company that operates 2m fleet vehicles. Should have a good week.

Check WSGF off the list. The others are scuttling like the market in general. I still feel good about the market though, as $ is still entering it.

The only spac I'm considering is PIPP with an eye on SparkCognition merger. Feels to me that the luster of these things is fading in general, but PIPP is an epic boondoggle waiting to happen. Almost certainly too corrupt to fail.

Reaction Score
A correction to RIDE earning report date....it is actually 4/16-4/19. Tradingview had this incorrect. But it did recieve a partnership agreement with Holloman, a company that operates 2m fleet vehicles. Should have a good week.

Check WSGF off the list. The others are scuttling like the market in general. I still feel good about the market though, as $ is still entering it.

The only spac I'm considering is PIPP with an eye on SparkCognition merger. Feels to me that the luster of these things is fading in general, but PIPP is an epic boondoggle waiting to happen. Almost certainly too corrupt to fail.

I just looked at the chart for PIPP - very steady downward slope. After the CCIV/Lucid debacle, I'll never hold a Spac for too long- if I ever buy into one again that is.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Yes, Tesla is for sure.

Reaction Score
Yup, almost as if a frothy tech and battery company’s currently making more innovative vehicles than traditionally slow to adapt and create US auto manufacturing tortoises way back in a new race. Weirdly enough, I added some ARKK at 126 last week (equal to late Dec-early Jan lows). Then again, I hold low cost TSLA shares LT I’m avoiding selling and TSLA puts as CYA.

Reaction Score
I just looked at the chart for PIPP - very steady downward slope. After the CCIV/Lucid debacle, I'll never hold a Spac for too long- if I ever buy into one again that is.

Look @ GHIV or UWMC.

biggest announced SPAC
Jumped up to 14
Merger happened and tanked to mid 7
People chalked up to “mortgage isn’t sexy / not EV / meme / etc.
Many People sold for a loss

im sure it is caught up in RXT pump, but news it’s getting added to Russell 1000 /3000 and has a announced 5.24% yield dividend.

was mid 7 now mid 11s pre-market

sold and shoulda got back in @ 7

long on PIPP. Got units @ 10.02

Reaction Score
and really, who would you trust more with your money than Cathie Wood? My money is on her, with her.

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
Crypto...I know most are at or around ATH right now... and Bitcoin is the clear leader.. although it seems to have more usefulness as of a store of value rather than a currency.. and Ethereum, although high gas fees.. has endless potential (ie NBA Top Shot)... but for those of you more In the know than I (I've been reading up on the technology for a few months and slowly investing a few hundred bucks here and there ).. doesn't it seem likely that Cardano, Link, HBAR and others like that can all succeed and really take off on the next decade? I may be way off but this seems as revolutionary as the advent of the internet..

Reaction Score
Crypto...I know most are at or around ATH right now... and Bitcoin is the clear leader.. although it seems to have more usefulness as of a store of value rather than a currency.. and Ethereum, although high gas fees.. has endless potential (ie NBA Top Shot)... but for those of you more In the know than I (I've been reading up on the technology for a few months and slowly investing a few hundred bucks here and there ).. doesn't it seem likely that Cardano, Link, HBAR and others like that can all succeed and really take off on the next decade? I may be way off but this seems as revolutionary as the advent of the internet..
This is my biggest concern with crypto. Even if you wholeheartedly believe this is the future of currency, it feels like a total gamble as to which crypto(s) will be that currency. Big risk and big reward though.

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
My thoughts are that the future goes beyond use as a currency... and more as using ledgers and blockchain technology as the new backbone of business transactions that can't be hacked or manipulated. But yes.. picking the winners vs those that fade away seems to be the biggest challenge.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
For someone not so familiar with that arena, you nailed it. All three of those are my top picks. Particularily ADA. Bearish ETH. Bullish BTC as a non functional store of value, but I could also convince myself its worthless.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I think BTC will eventually fade out, not soon but eventually. It will be replaced by a true crypto currency that can be used for purchases, maybe $KIN or $XMR. I think BTC will be replaced as a store of value as well or people will return to gold. There are a lot of utility coins out there such as $LINK, $DOT, $OCEAN, $RAVEN, $EWT, $XRP etc that will be here for a long time. Utility coins will be the future. Also, I don't believe the governments will allow people to subvert the dollar like BTC was intended to do.

Reaction Score
Most still aren't even close to their 2018 ath.

People have been talking about the flippening for 3 years now. One will dethrone BTC someday. But others will also remain around for various use cases. But yes, it is the future.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Most still aren't even close to their 2018 ath.

People have been talking about the flippening for 3 years now. One will dethrone BTC someday. But others will also remain around for various use cases. But yes, it is the future.
Some people think altseason will go until September.

Reaction Score
Cardano finally had a bump, eh? I bought a few thousand at 3 or 4 cents four years ago; it's sitting in cold storage and I haven't opened the wallet in years. Can't wait to try to straighten that out.

Reaction Score
I'm sitting on 10 ethereum right now I bought for 500 bucks on a whim when some guy on Reddit recommended it years ago and I had just won some money sportsbetting. Only crypto transaction I've every made, believe it or not.

Ya'll think I should continue to sit on it? Right now I'm saving about 500 a month for my retirement and the rest I can save is for a house downpayment in 3 years(ish). I want to sell the ehtereum high and put it in something more stable, but I have no idea if people are predicting it will continue to drop like it has this month or not.

Reaction Score
Nothing has really been developed on Cardano at all. It has potential, but it's been a long time since 2017 when it was tagged as the Ethereum killer, and all they have to show is that you can stake Cardano, but no real development/companies building on it. I think Cardano is way behind Ethereum (even though there are current scaling issues) and others like Zilliqa.

Chainlink & Synthetix Network are the two companies in the space that I am most bullish on, outside of the smart contract platforms....as all of those platforms will need Chainlink for real-world data feeds to execute those smart contracts. As always, all roads lead back to Chainlink.

Currently, the Chainlink ecosystem includes;

~181 Decentralized Finance Projects
~ 80 blockchains
~ 37 data providers
~31 projects using Chainlink VRF
~ 22 gaming projects
~ 11 payment protocols

Reaction Score
I'm sitting on 10 ethereum right now I bought for 500 bucks on a whim when some guy on Reddit recommended it years ago and I had just won some money sportsbetting. Only crypto transaction I've every made, believe it or not.

Ya'll think I should continue to sit on it? Right now I'm saving about 500 a month for my retirement and the rest I can save is for a house downpayment in 3 years(ish). I want to sell the ehtereum high and put it in something more stable, but I have no idea if people are predicting it will continue to drop like it has this month or not.
Hold it. It has only just begun

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
Nothing has really been developed on Cardano at all. It has potential, but it's been a long time since 2017 when it was tagged as the Ethereum killer, and all they have to show is that you can stake Cardano, but no real development/companies building on it. I think Cardano is way behind Ethereum (even though there are current scaling issues) and others like Zilliqa.

Chainlink & Synthetix Network are the two companies in the space that I am most bullish on, outside of the smart contract platforms....as all of those platforms will need Chainlink for real-world data feeds to execute those smart contracts. As always, all roads lead back to Chainlink.

Currently, the Chainlink ecosystem includes;

~181 Decentralized Finance Projects
~ 80 blockchains
~ 37 data providers
~31 projects using Chainlink VRF
~ 22 gaming projects
~ 11 payment protocols
From the small amount I've learned, trying to absorb all I can regarding crypto over the last few months, I've come to feel that Chainlink has seemed poised to be one of the winners down the road in this space. I have hopes for HBAR in this area as well, based on their strong foundation

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
From the small amount I've learned, trying to absorb all I can regarding crypto over the last few months, I've come to feel that Chainlink has seemed poised to be one of the winners down the road in this space. I have hopes for HBAR in this area as well, based on their strong foundation
$DOT as well. Crypto Casey on YouTube and Instagram is a great follow to learn about crypto. Her podcast is worth by a listen too

Reaction Score
Re-opening stocks are having a day. Is the flippening starting or just prospects of the stimulus getting closer? Will there be another bounce back for tech or will money permanently flow into re-opening and restore balance?

We're finally handling the vaccination rollout like adults and most of the vulnerable community will be vaccinated soon. Spring is right around the corner and people are restless.

TLDR: Should I throw my airline profit at the TSLA dip?
I didn't heed my own advice and switched from re-opening to tech too soon.

What are the thoughts to this tech dump? Is the correction from euphoric highs about done? Or is the tech bubble gonna pop for real?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom