OT: Stock trading | Page 122 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Word in. Houston. With Keystone and its 100k jobs shut down, look into either direct investments (need big $ here) in physical West Texas oil wells or funds/ETFs that are pure plays. Direct brings significant Tax breaks.

Not drillers or services. Ownership of land, rig and crude oil produced under/from them.

In Houston. Trusted source. Gov Abbot will not yield to green pressure on this and he is going to let shipments flow freely to gulf coast or refineries. Easier to do than it sounds.

About $250k and up for quality direct opportunities with some dry well risk. Do the due diligence ... Or let a fund manager do it for you.

See on the interweb google search United Exploration llc.

Good day and good luck.

PS. I went in last week.
Curious if you are recommending or pitching. On United's website they are soliciting $100,000 investments and simultaneously explaining what 'ROI' is?!
Also significant touting of tax deductions, a red flag for those of us alive in the 80's.

I too would like to avail myself of the OPM subset of people that have 100K to invest speculatively and cannot define ROI.

Reaction Score
What do you guys think of ACIC, EXPC, and RTP??? All eVTOL in the electric helicopter taxi market!!

Reaction Score
I got into SENS at $0.37. Sold enough to cover my initial investment when it was around $1.50. I now have 50,000 shares of this split between a few different accounts and I’m just letting them ride. I see $20/share could be coming by the end of the year. If it hits $20 I’ll probably start to sell some

Reaction Score
I got into SENS at $0.37. Sold enough to cover my initial investment when it was around $1.50. I now have 50,000 shares of this split between a few different accounts and I’m just letting them ride. I see $20/share could be coming by the end of the year. If it hits $20 I’ll probably start to sell some
I'm right on your heels with 94 shares. All in one account.

Reaction Score
I'm right on your heels with 94 shares. All in one account.
You have to start somewhere. My initial investment was somewhere around $25-30K. It was a lot, but I had done a lot of research on this company and felt like it had very little downside and tremendous upside. I’m ok with “gambling” more with the shares I have because even if it goes to zero I’ll still have made some money off of it. Most of my retirement money is in very stable investments like mutual funds and etfs that will track the market. I like to take 10% of the portfolio and use it to be more aggressive. I figure I could lose a bit or I could hit on the next Tesla and if I do hit the home run even with a $10-20K initial investment I can retire a few years earlier. This market has been crazy and it won’t last forever. If the Ten Year Treasury note keeps creeping up the market will correct in a big way, but there’s so much stimulus $$ that as long as interest rates are low and we get Covid under control the market could still be hot for another 12-18 months.

Reaction Score
Interesting day with many blue chippers rising 1-2% and the disruption stocks taking 5%ish hits though mostly pairing of recent gains. Even though more of my money is in mutual funds and the blue chip stocks, somehow more bummed & concerned about the dip in my 'play' stocks as many here describe the stocks discussed. This makes some sense as these disruption stocks are the $ I manage vs someone else.

Small position I had since December off 25% today due to de-listing from Nasdaq so I took my 40% profit (was 75% yesterday) and completely got out. I have no experience with a stock moving to OTCQX, figured if not out before deadline (2/24 & presumably can only go down until then) willing to kiss $ good bye.

Maybe one unique situation spooking me, but I have the sense of a musical chairs game, chairs dwindling & the music is stopping more frequently. Need to pick the sturdiest chairs for sure, time may be coming to just sit still!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

George Soros has over 12 million shares. Wonder what he bought at.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Interesting day with many blue chippers rising 1-2% and the disruption stocks taking 5%ish hits though mostly pairing of recent gains. Even though more of my money is in mutual funds and the blue chip stocks, somehow more bummed & concerned about the dip in my 'play' stocks as many here describe the stocks discussed.
I feel this. My 401k & IRA had fine days, as did my crypto.

But my fun little Schwab account with like 12k in it that I use to buy Boneyard stocks was down 3%, and like you I’m totally bummed about that lol.

I think there’s just an inimitable thrill about finding these gems and beating the market. It’s like leveling up in a video game... except with money.

Reaction Score
Curious if you are recommending or pitching. On United's website they are soliciting $100,000 investments and simultaneously explaining what 'ROI' is?!
Also significant touting of tax deductions, a red flag for those of us alive in the 80's.

I too would like to avail myself of the OPM subset of people that have 100K to invest speculatively and cannot define ROI.
I have no interest but my own so not pitching; but sharing. I rarely post on this topic but read frequently. The United was a look at an explanation; not how I arrivef at my decision to go in. In that, it was a poor example. I stand by my suggestion to look hard at this strategy and decide on your own or with your advisor. There us an inflection point here where $90 - 100 barrel prices may be (imho are) upon us. In the singularity of ownership, that tide lifts all boats, errr, barrels.

Reaction Score
I feel this. My 401k & IRA had fine days, as did my crypto.

But my fun little Schwab account with like 12k in it that I use to buy Boneyard stocks was down 3%, and like you I’m totally bummed about that lol.

I think there’s just an inimitable thrill about finding these gems and beating the market. It’s like leveling up in a video game... except with money.
Check out VTGN if you want to do that again today. Pharma with a stage 3 clinical trial for fast acting treatment for social anxiety disorder. Just got a new price target for $6, currently trading pre-market around $2.30.

Reaction Score
I have no interest but my own so not pitching; but sharing. I rarely post on this topic but read frequently. The United was a look at an explanation; not how I arrivef at my decision to go in. In that, it was a poor example. I stand by my suggestion to look hard at this strategy and decide on your own or with your advisor. There us an inflection point here where $90 - 100 barrel prices may be (imho are) upon us. In the singularity of ownership, that tide lifts all boats, errr, barrels.
Got it thanks, to some extent I'm sure websites like that need to be the front entrance signs to the proverbial store so they have to cast a wide, simplistic net.

Certainly over the past week oil prices headed up, don't know longer term, most likely up on 1-5yr horizon though. So then it comes down to understanding the strategy and as you say picking both an advisor & a company. Lots of room for self-interest there so the MOST extreme level of DD required as you advised.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
D965B959-A91A-461A-8C43-80A3A0A23CB0.png

Good day to buy some blue chips.

Reaction Score
Got PLTR @ 9.23

Anyone get LGVW?
Heard about Butterfly deal and jumped in. Will LGVW get involved with other 4catalyzer companies rothberg has based in Guilford, CT like this new in home test Detect?

LGVW @ 17.50 is now BFLY. Cathy has it in her ETF’s.

Reaction Score
I bought some of the dip a few days ago. Should have waited a couple more days haha! That's the way it goes. Today is a bloodbath.
If you bought PLTR the last few days, it was still significantly down from the $45 high. Today's share lockup expiration on ~80% of PLTR's outstanding shares brought it on par with Jan lows. Bought 1st shares; betcha ARK also adds more today.

Reaction Score
If you bought PLTR the last few days, it was still significantly down from the $45 high. Today's share lockup expiration on ~80% of PLTR's outstanding shares brought it on par with Jan lows. Bought 1st shares; betcha ARK also adds more today.
Yes, I'm in for 28.72. Which isn't too bad. I think $30s will be back in short order.

Reaction Score
Except for UAVS which got killed by a totally bogus short report.
And RIOT. Looked strong this morning when it was temporarily strong after a huge day yesterday. I bought it and it dropped like a stone. Total of 20 points including after hours, brutal!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom