OT: Stock trading | Page 120 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
So today I sold off a bunch of stuff to eliminate margin. Had the enjoyment of pulling my remaining investment out and leaving in just my profits over past 11 months, what a relief. Of course in the process I sold off 60% of DMTK which then proceeded to go up 16 after hours! Haha.
Nothing wrong about taking profits

Reaction Score
TOPS pump and dump is interesting, but the # of reverse splits is comical. Best guess on the total since 2008? A TOPS article popped up discussing the company’s reverse splits and stick issuances.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Any tips on how to sell sports cards on ebay?
It depends what you have. Guessing your childhood collection from 80s - 90s?

In general, take good scans and write good descriptions so you don't have to deal with returns. Start with 1 or 2 listings just to get a feel. Sell the "good" cards (HOF rookies/inserts) separately and then the rest can prob be sold in lots by year/decade/player.

Or save all the trouble, and send your collection to a consignor who will sell it for you and they take a piece of the pie, but could get more money from having more followers, better listing experience, better knowledge of the cards etc.

Good luck! Feel free to PM if you have more specific questions.

Reaction Score
I have to get my collection from my parents. I have every rookie card of Allen Iverson, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, ray Allen and Paul pierce along with a ton of baseball cards including a couple full series

Gotta imagine the Kobe cards are valuable

Reaction Score
In the last 12 years, TEN reverse splits. Since just 2017, SEVEN reverse splits. Yup, pump, hope & dump on steroids.

Reaction Score
Be aware of NEXNF - they are in the biodegradable products arena. I bought in at $2.84 about 8 -10 days ago, the stock closed Friday at $4.00

Reaction Score
is this just TOPS? Or include SHIP and DSX?
I have mentioned it several times, I am not an investor, not trying to give anyone investment advice. I am technical, volume and momentum day and swing trader, I look to make large gains in a short time frame and get out. Are these good long turn investment?? Probably, because the Globalists are back in charge. Of those 3 tickers, I would look to hold DSX long term. SHIPS has 2 years to be compliant before becoming delisted. TOPS has a history of splits, mostly due to the economic climate of the shipping industry the past few years and the need to generate operating capitol.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I have mentioned it several times, I am not an investor, not trying to give anyone investment advice. I am technical, volume and momentum day and swing trader, I look to make large gains in a short time frame and get out. Are these good long turn investment?? Probably, because the Globalists are back in charge. Of those 3 tickers, I would look to hold DSX long term. SHIPS has 2 years to be compliant before becoming delisted. TOPS has a history of splits, mostly due to the economic climate of the shipping industry the past few years and the need to generate operating capitol.

Is this the requirement for SHIP you are refencing?

Seanergy Maritime Holdings Corp. Regains Compliance with Nasdaq Minimum Bid Price Requirement (yahoo.com)

Reaction Score
That's why these are not investments, just momentum plays. Easy money,
Undoubtedly, TOPS' 10 reverse splits AND multiple stock issuances the last several years leave little room for anything but day trading. In the blocks, Usain Bolt out, and address the implications months or decades over the horizon. Not criticizing day traders nor the possible quick returns, only reasonably humored by TOPS and its' Marshall Islands, Greek, Cyprian, etc shystery shipping scrap.

Reaction Score
@Matrim55 If I call Fidelity and ask them to buy me BLSP or LNC, would they? Or are they restricted?
@UConnSwag11 Not Matrim, but widely traded LNC should be easily traded via Fido's site or app. Unclear regarding penny stock BLSP which went radio silent for a few years and has not issued financial reports since before 2019, but trying to enter a trade and reading the resulting messages or calling Fido is the best info source.

Reaction Score
Seems like there's money to be made from advertising on the site that Bumble doesn't do much of right now. Anything to do with dating (e.g. restaurants, flowers, candy, etc.) would seem to have a good audience to take advantage of.

oddly enough that doesn’t really move the needle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom