OT: Stock trading | Page 118 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Matrim55 said:
How do you feel about INUV?

The 15 min chart for the past month looks "bullish", but choppy. Earning tomorrow, still did not test the January high of $.2.34 Will have to see how the Q1 earnings are. The technology is probably not understood by most investors, not that that matters, I would wait and see if it retest $1.60 level before buying. Volume has been just "ok" at roughly 14 million. If you already own it, hold for sure and see how it plays out this week.

Pretty much went as I thought, bounced off $1.62 and is now rangeing. Don't see this stock taking off yet until there is real catalyst, earnings underwhelming. Even the pop at the open was luke warm, although the entire market sold off for about an hour.

Reaction Score
Anyone have an opinion on Bumble's IPO tomorrow? I've heard people say buy it. Is it better than other dating apps?

Reaction Score
@UConnSwag11

MVIS:
Coming back for a thank you one more time, +54% AH. At what point are you cashing in though? Stupid to buy more on a dip tomorrow?

I’m still very new to trading and wife isn’t thrilled with me playing around with (extra) cash with first child on the way, so I only went 30 shares at avg $12 (put an extra $350 ea. into SNDL and OGI last week though so I can’t complain with the last 24 hrs ?). Wish I didn’t heed to her ire, even though my “I told you so” across the board was a nice win tonight lol.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
@UConnSwag11

MVIS:
Coming back for a thank you one more time, +54% AH. At what point are you cashing in though? Stupid to buy more on a dip tomorrow?

I’m still very new to trading and wife isn’t thrilled with me playing around with (extra) cash with first child on the way, so I only went 30 shares at avg $12 (put an extra $350 ea. into SNDL and OGI last week though so I can’t complain with the last 24 hrs ?). Wish I didn’t heed to her ire, even though my “I told you so” across the board was a nice win tonight lol.
Lol thanks. I am no financial advisor, But don’t put yourself in a bad position with the wife and kid.

I’m not sure how high it can go. I’m sure the market is going to come down at some point, maybe take the profits and save them? Or take the profits and invest in some other stocks like VISL, an index fund like SWPPX, or an ARK etf? Depends on what you want. I’m sure better equipped posters can help out.

Btw, check the $ SNDL price right now

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Thoughts on your BLSP? Looks promising. I saw a $20 price target?
Yeah I bought more at the end of the day when it dipped. It might be a 20-bagger or it might be a pump-and-dump. Hard to say!

Also check out SXOOF. It’s a Canadian mining company that has a bunch of great patents around lithium extraction (key for batteries), and their president is Pelosi’s son. Already ran a bunch this month but I suspect this is going to be bought out at a very nice price by one of the big boys.

Reaction Score
Anyone have an opinion on Bumble's IPO tomorrow? I've heard people say buy it. Is it better than other dating apps?

I used to work in the industry - I haven't spent much time looking at Bumble - but I think any serious pop is going to be about buzz and not numbers.

The dating industry is super hard to grow in and user acquisition is expensive - and when the product works you lose the customer. Match (IAC) has done this better than anyone over the years. I might dig in and look at the data, but from what I know about the industry I am not excited about it.

Reaction Score
Definitely has an interesting backstory comin of tinder lawsuit, Russian co-founder - now owned by Blackstone. Know next to nothing beyond anecdotes but like fundamental concept akin to old bar/nightclub, get the girls in and the men will surely follow. Subscriptions look strong vs others but not sure of any growth story (EDIT: as JMoney says above, although they do have friend making networking functions bizz & bff to kinda address that & I could see women being loyal).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Any recommendations for an online broker? I'm backing out of Robinhood and anyone else that restricted GameStop trading after the fiasco earlier this month. Doesn't sit right with me even though I wasn't involved.

No fees ideally, easy of use and market research that is easy to read is important to me.

Use it for mostly mutual funds, ETFs, but occasionally dabble in penny stocks when I get bored during the summer.

Any advice?

Reaction Score
Any recommendations for an online broker? I'm backing out of Robinhood and anyone else that restricted GameStop trading after the fiasco earlier this month. Doesn't sit right with me even though I wasn't involved.

No fees ideally, easy of use and market research that is easy to read is important to me.

Use it for mostly mutual funds, ETFs, but occasionally dabble in penny stocks when I get bored during the summer.

Any advice?
tdameritrade has worked great for me and I'm a newbie.

only minor complaint is sometimes when i upload money from my bank i can't use it right away on certain "volatile" (under $5?) stocks for the first couple days or something.

Reaction Score
I've used TD Ameritrade and its predecessors for years and don't have any complaints. We'll see if anything changes now that Schwab bought them. I don't pay any fees for equity purchases and fees for options are fairly typical. They also give me free access to a broker/adviser whenever I want it. I'm not close to retirement but he's run a bunch of simulations for me for planning purposes.

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
For those far more knowledgeable than me...is SNDL more likely to be a Reddit driven pump and dump or a legitimate asset to hold?

Reaction Score
So today I sold off a bunch of stuff to eliminate margin.
Not for the same reason, but sold some mutual fund units held for a long time in IRAs. Ridiculously up + pricey compared with EFTs with similar objectives. Also, cashed out TLRY up $55. Thanks reddit pumpers. May buy some APHA after it dips.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Any advice?

Robinhood did that because they were going to run out of money. Wasn't nefarious. That's why they went out and raised a ton of capital.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Any advice?
Fidelity

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
A couple of good buys on the OTC that dipped today:

FDVRF
DPLS
BLSP (mentioned previously)

Took longs on FDVRF and BLSP. Added position to DPLS.

Reaction Score
I used to work in the industry - I haven't spent much time looking at Bumble - but I think any serious pop is going to be about buzz and not numbers.

The dating industry is super hard to grow in and user acquisition is expensive - and when the product works you lose the customer. Match (IAC) has done this better than anyone over the years. I might dig in and look at the data, but from what I know about the industry I am not excited about it.
Seems like there's money to be made from advertising on the site that Bumble doesn't do much of right now. Anything to do with dating (e.g. restaurants, flowers, candy, etc.) would seem to have a good audience to take advantage of.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
For those far more knowledgeable than me...is SNDL more likely to be a Reddit driven pump and dump or a legitimate asset to hold?
I would say a little bit of both. It's a legit company that is trying to do real business, but it has also recently garnered the attention of the Wall Street Bets crowd (among other weed "stonks"). I bought a bunch of it at .60 and sold it all at open this morning. Once it became super trendy and had that ridiculous run the past few days, I knew it would be tanking today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom