OT: Stock trading | Page 116 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'all you fundamentally need to understand aboot the cannabis future.'
old people. topical and internal use of the kind bud, for health reasons.'
and it ain't new, just growingly kosher.
and speaking of kosher,
'Cannabis burned during worship' by ancient Israelites - study - BBC News
the cannabis equity market today looks exactly like the markets for computer tech, cellphones, and such from back in the day when general awareness for their inevitability became common.
choose wisely, as opportunity in this exploding market exists for everyone.
91d85c95dea511e51393199bcf8d3051.jpg

elon sez 'hi.'

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Look at $HEMP$ penny stock that has doubled in the last week on sector movement and recent BOD changes. At ~.025 currently. Worth a flyer IMO. Decent fundamentals for a cannabis play.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
The problem with the industry is that the government will destroy the industry with taxes, fees, regulations, etc as soon as they legalize it. Prop 64 in CA for example is largely viewed as a failure from a business standpoint. Should be treated the same as Alcohol.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Agreed, it is highly regulated and has massive barriers to entry. But, it will, at some point, be a legal commodity industry that will have a few successful companies ie tobacco.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I was looking at the other stock thread which seemed centered around crypto. seems with congress going blue
there is even more momentum in this sector - thoughts?

The discussion changes day to day. Have discussed pot stocks as well.

Reaction Score
The problem with the industry is that the government will destroy the industry with taxes, fees, regulations, etc as soon as they legalize it. Prop 64 in CA for example is largely viewed as a failure from a business standpoint. Should be treated the same as Alcohol.
I played around with them a few years ago and everything coming out of Quebec was totally messed up, they all had poor fundamentals. All of this coupled with the insane taxes, fees, regulations makes me stay away. I don't smoke weed but most people I know get it from their dealers for less than half the price. It will become legalized at some point down the road and run by a few companies tied into the gov't and it will be way too expensive.

Reaction Score
Today was the kind of day I love, had a low stress feel to it with big gains. FUTU, FLGT and ROKU with big days. WIMI now starting to move guys.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I played around with them a few years ago and everything coming out of Quebec was totally messed up, they all had poor fundamentals. All of this coupled with the insane taxes, fees, regulations makes me stay away. I don't smoke weed but most people I know get it from their dealers for less than half the price. It will become legalized at some point down the road and run by a few companies tied into the gov't and it will be way too expensive.
That’s the biggest issue. The legal stuff can’t compete with the black market on price, and in some cases quality(THC regulations on edibles for example). It’s obviously decriminalized in these states so the black market operates with no risk. My fear is that the industry will ultimately heavily lobby for tougher sentencing on black market dealers and since the government is essentially in business with them with all the taxes and regs they may play ball.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
EDIT: (Me ) or actually that word they love to use over there on reddit
other post above.
got CLDR @ 15.19
You're up 20% as of today. Not a bad haul YOY.

Reaction Score
How do you feel about INUV?

The 15 min chart for the past month looks "bullish", but choppy. Earning tomorrow, still did not test the January high of $.2.34 Will have to see how the Q1 earnings are. The technology is probably not understood by most investors, not that that matters, I would wait and see if it retest $1.60 level before buying. Volume has been just "ok" at roughly 14 million. If you already own it, hold for sure and see how it plays out this week.

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
No. They got a deal to supply medical marijuana in the UK today. Plus, anything weed related is giving investors the munchies and they can’t eat it fast enough.

Interesting. So the alphria merger is already priced in?

Reaction Score
Interesting. So the alphria merger is already priced in?
TLRY’s UK distribution agreement with Grow Pharma likely contributed most to today’s spike, but evolving state laws, distribution in Spain, similar projected in Portugal, and the APHA merger targeted before end of 2Q similarly contribute to projected upside. Fully priced in merger already? Who knows, maybe getting there, yet don’t care what’s caused run up since late Mar & Aug buys.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If this is a response to Psychadelics: There will be medicines for depression, anxiety, and addiction. That market is already huge, but the amount of psychological damage inflicted because of social media and other elements the market is only going to grow.
AIKI

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
That’s the biggest issue. The legal stuff can’t compete with the black market on price, and in some cases quality(THC regulations on edibles for example). It’s obviously decriminalized in these states so the black market operates with no risk. My fear is that the industry will ultimately heavily lobby for tougher sentencing on black market dealers and since the government is essentially in business with them with all the taxes and regs they may play ball.
Yeah. I believe CT is making it Corporate Cannabis. No small guys. CT apparently introduced a terrible bill that is corporate in nature, equality driven, politically connected

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom