OT: Stock trading | Page 115 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
I see a bunch of people talking cryptocurrencies on this thread.... but no one has mentioned either RIOT or MARA, the two main Bitcoin blockchain companies in the last several weeks (I went back and looked).

Don't look now, but both are about to have a double... since just last Monday. Today alone they were each up over $9... a 40%+ rise for each!

I have been following both since they were in the $2.00-$2.50 range early last summer. They both closed above $32 today, and are almost at $37.00 afterhours with Bitcoin's run to $47k.

And no, I am not saying I was smart enough to hold either one from that price... but I have made some good money on both over the last several months, and particularly over the last week.

One additional thought... if Bitcoin gets to between 80k and 100k this year (a distinct possibility) than both RIOT and MARA will get over $50... maybe quite a bit over on a spike. Just saying...

Reaction Score
SINO up another 64%, pulled back some after hours and CTRM up 34%, the entire shipping sector is very bullish.

Reaction Score
Either of these good buys? Both have been previously talked about and are down a little at the moment ...
LAZR - $32.5
QS - $45

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
Either of these good buys? Both have been previously talked about and are down a little at the moment ...
LAZR - $32.5
QS - $45
I like QS for a breakout this week. There's been so much popping off, that one got lost in the shuffle.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I got in on LKCO before the NIO rumors hit this morning and had a very good day. I suspect this’ll hit $1 this week.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I see a bunch of people talking cryptocurrencies on this thread.... but no one has mentioned either RIOT or MARA, the two main Bitcoin blockchain companies in the last several weeks (I went back and looked).

Don't look now, but both are about to have a double... since just last Monday. Today alone they were each up over $9... a 40%+ rise for each!

I have been following both since they were in the $2.00-$2.50 range early last summer. They both closed above $32 today, and are almost at $37.00 afterhours with Bitcoin's run to $47k.

And no, I am not saying I was smart enough to hold either one from that price... but I have made some good money on both over the last several months, and particularly over the last week.

One additional thought... if Bitcoin gets to between 80k and 100k this year (a distinct possibility) than both RIOT and MARA will get over $50... maybe quite a bit over on a spike. Just saying...

Interesting. Found this. Here's Why Marathon Patent, Riot, Westport Fuel and Clean Energy Are Moving | Benzinga

Reaction Score
Musk BTC: low price + possible well-timed PR cover?

After purported issues in mainland China including unexplained acceleration on some vehicles, software update quirks, battery fires, and at least 1 widely reported car explosion in a parking garage, TSLA’s been harshly slammed on Weibo (mainland Twitter/FB hybrid). Consequently, multiple regulatory investigations of TSLA are underway.

Legit issues? Mainland driving prowess? Rising nationalism? Ongoing trade war games? Re-engineered enough already, you may leave now Elon? ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Regarding CCL, keep in mind they own/operate a ton of different lines - they’re not just the flagship Motel 6 experience. And there are enough people that love to cruise that at this level, seems like a pretty good roll of the dice if you have a medium-term timeline.
CCL may be an OK MT opportunity, but JP just lowered the CCL price target. In the travel space, more general travel search and non-nautical alternatives still well below pre-SARS2 prices may pop sooner than cruise lines.

Reaction Score
I was looking at the other stock thread which seemed centered around crypto. seems with congress going blue
there is even more momentum in this sector - thoughts?

Reaction Score
definitely some momentum - my potfolio has enjoyed the recent runs for APHA & ACB

Reaction Score
IF inclined to buy hugely-publicized mainland EVs (NIO, XPEV, LI) vs quality manufacturers such as BYD with massively larger distribution, legitimate track records, etc, LI and XPEV are at/approaching HK advisors' buy ranges (Li $29, XPEV $45). Conversely, HK advisors' suggest NIO is nearing being overpriced ($62). Not a recommendation, just sharing.

Heads up for Asian equity day traders - Lunar new year exchange holidays: HK (2/11 1/2 day, 2/12-15), SG 2/11 1/2 day, 2/12), Seoul (2/11-12), Taibei (2/10-16); mainland (2/11-17). Hanoi (2/10-16). Absolutely friggin nothing happens other than meeting relatives to eat way too much and in some cases drink massive quantities). IND, MY & PH (2/12).

Reaction Score
I've been watching a number of stocks in this space but so far have been participating via ownership of Shopify (SHOP). Bought a few years ago at $28 and its breaking through $1,400 today. I think it still has lots of runway.

Gutter King

Reaction Score
I was looking at the other stock thread which seemed centered around crypto. seems with congress going blue
there is even more momentum in this sector - thoughts?
I've been in KERN since 3.90. I believe this will be the software to drive operations for the MJ industry. And that software should be easlily integrated into the next (and bigger) psychodelics movement. MMEDF and CMPS there.

Reaction Score
I am not as optimistic about the probability of cannabis stocks but do own GRWG which is at $65.75 with a 52 week range of $2.62 to 66.10.

Unfortunately I did not buy it until $39.79.

Gutter King

Reaction Score
If it becomes legalized, what impact do you anticipate?
If this is a response to Psychadelics: There will be medicines for depression, anxiety, and addiction. That market is already huge, but the amount of psychological damage inflicted because of social media and other elements the market is only going to grow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom