OT: Stock trading | Page 111 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Investors: QCOM (down 10%), MRK, UNH, VWDRY on sale today. IMHO, MRK and UNH fundamentals aren't changing with new CEOs.

Reaction Score
I sold my position some time ago. Shouldn’t have. Payment processing is going to keep changing. The last generation that used checks is nearly gone. Covid sped up the vendor side implementation of tap to pay, which helps Apple and Google. Apple now has a credit card of sorts.
Some year, US retail payment processing will catch up with leaders. With bewilderment in grad school in W Europe, I recall discovering checks weren't a thing circa '95. Since '10, phone tap payments became THE thing in E Asia. Dragging and fighting, some Yanks will eventually join the world.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Some year, US retail payment processing will catch up with leaders. With bewilderment in grad school in W Europe, I recall discovering checks weren't a thing circa '95. Since '10, phone tap payments became THE thing in E Asia. Dragging and fighting, some Yanks will eventually join the world.

Oh yeah, my parents talked about visiting the Baltic countries and finding that Estonia all had chips etc. years ago, long before they showed up here. My sense has been that the retailers are cheap and didn't want to buy those new systems. But Covid has accelerated that and I can tap to pay almost everywhere now. Two years ago we still had to hand our card over to somebody most of the time.

Reaction Score
$UAVS

Private (now) Zipline's prospective drone PFE vaccine delivery is interesting. Not relevant today for UAVS, but things could change with PFE and/or other vaccine manufacturers/distributors.

Reaction Score
TIGR (Robinhood of China) surging today, up 18%! Lot of room for growth left on this one I think,
Further evidence people with minimalist to no clue can start mainland companies, and maybe succeed. Still chuckling about FUTU's absolutely clueless CFO and now TIGR's recent BU MBA grad turned "Strategy VP" with zero brokerage background, no fintech experience, and no relevant experience. The latter speaks Mandarin, and may creatively copy RH or WeBull. Unless FUTU's CFO evolved in recent years, his main attribute is being a son/grandson of an uber wealthy HK family. Seed money-provider? SMH

CNXT ETF - my risk-limiting, <mainland start-up gamble> in a relative smaller balance, riskier Roth. Prefer operationally & financially sounder East Money which CNXT holds, and LU, the highly-respected Ping An wealth mgr/insurance spinoff.

Reaction Score
It isn't at all exciting, or subject to dramatic increases, but one ETF I like is MOAT. It's a passively managed index ETF. For people looking for something less speculative.
Interesting possibility for risk-aware LT investors. Van Eck also has GOAT which models Morningstar's Global MOAT Index. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction Score
I bought some at 23.45 last week. Anybody have thoughts on LTC? It seems less talked about.
Why did this non-Gen X/Z/millenial initially think your LTC referred to the health care/senior LTC ETF? Not the cryto currency nor even LTC insurance. Setting that aside, 10K Americans turn 65 daily. I've been researching similar REITs. Looking at PEAK.

Reaction Score
But overall did the good ones way over compensate for the clunkers? You're always going to have some clunkers.
never bought the list...I was just watching those stocks and stumbled upon it when I added some of the stocks talked about here to a watch list

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, my parents talked about visiting the Baltic countries and finding that Estonia all had chips etc. years ago, long before they showed up here. My sense has been that the retailers are cheap and didn't want to buy those new systems. But Covid has accelerated that and I can tap to pay almost everywhere now. Two years ago we still had to hand our card over to somebody most of the time.
I remember having to go to the window and not being able to use my card in a machine in Schipol airport because it didn't have a chip..I got home and yelled at my card company and they sent me one...about 4 months later since they were just implementing the technology...weird how even now they don't bring the machine to your table in most restaurants

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
HBRM (Herborium) has a good half dozen catalysts coming up. First of which dropped this evening with the live site for the MeMask, an affordable double Covid mask that can be washed 30 times. Might be a fun one to play at .002.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
For you Crypto and Tech guys. It goes live Monday on Kyberswap

Reaction Score

What is it a 1:1 airdrop for KNC holders? What exchanges are honoring the airdrop?

Be careful of buying into airdrops too late. Buy the rumor, sell the news. See ZCL into BTCP. Seems KNC has pumped a bit already. Unless ID has legs.

A few years back, I used to get a lot of upcoming events out of this site, coinmarketcal.com, but I've been out of the game for a bit.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A name to watch is WIMI. Chinese hologram technology company. Benefits from 5G, potential applications include AI in vehicles. Glad I picked some up last night at 9.85, is $10.55 now premarket. What I like is that the company is already profitable, very rare for an up and comer.

Reaction Score
SIRC - $2.34/share, solar related company, popped 56% yesterday, has a new partnership with Tesla.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
What is it a 1:1 airdrop for KNC holders? What exchanges are honoring the airdrop?

Be careful of buying into airdrops too late. Buy the rumor, sell the news. See ZCL into BTCP. Seems KNC has pumped a bit already. Unless ID has legs.

A few years back, I used to get a lot of upcoming events out of this site, coinmarketcal.com, but I've been out of the game for a bit.
I'll ask some more, but for every 1KNC you have on Kyberswap you'll get one $ID token

Reaction Score
SIRC - $2.34/share, solar related company, popped 56% yesterday, has a new partnership with Tesla.
You guys keep forgetting to tell us about these BEFORE the pop ;)
Nice pop on SENS today, took some profits there (threw into MRK) - thanks all!
Thinking of buying into NNDM for a similar flier small position to hope for growth - then plow back into long term bets

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom