OT: Stock trading | Page 110 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
My “covid ETF” of PayPal, Zoom, and PRLB (3-D printing) just keeps on rolling. Been buying those three since March. More earnings tomorrow.

Reaction Score
For those who picked up CLOV, heard they didnt disclose something? Stock is down 10% this morning.
I just dumped my shares

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
For those who picked up CLOV, heard they didnt disclose something? Stock is down 10% this morning.
I just dumped my shares
All Most of you guys aren't really investing, are you? You're just taking stabs, right?

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
All you guys aren't really investing, are you? You're just taking stabs, right?

Several of them it seems. Certainly not all of us here. I'm a buy and hold guy, based on fundamentals.

Reaction Score
CLOV will bounce back BIG - this short attack is nada and look at their track record. Almost every company came back BIG. Keep selling.....I'm buying.
Fair enough. Last time I bought shares was early November so just taking modest gains off table and seeing if this investigation is real.

Reaction Score
I just dumped my shares
I don't know how all of this works but are traders ever concerned about taxes from not holding stocks for like a year? And how do you dump before the open? When I had my Series 7 I was not a trader at a all. It was mostly for variable products and mutual funds.

FWIW from an earlier comment by Caronimo. My TSNP up over 200% since early January. The traders spouting off on social media are talking about riding it out and adding as it goes. Maybe we're all nuts but I'm not gonna argue with the mojo.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know how all of this works but are traders ever concerned about taxes from not holding stocks for like a year? And how do you dump before the open? When I had my Series 7 I was not a trader at a all. It was mostly for variable products and mutual funds.
We run everything through our off shore accounts, no worries. ;)

Reaction Score
We run everything through our off shore accounts, no worries. ;)
1612451056591.jpg

Reaction Score
TIGR (Robinhood of China) surging today, up 18%! Lot of room for growth left on this one I think,

Reaction Score
Several of them it seems. Certainly not all of us here. I'm a buy and hold guy, based on fundamentals.
That's my investment strategy. I don't even look at my portfolio on a daily basis. I'm spread out in a lot of companies that I like for long term prospects and just let them ride. As my brother says, plant some seeds and see which ones grow into large trees. He always tells the story of Netflix which is worth 55 times what he invested in it early on. It only takes a few of those to make a lot of money over time.

Reaction Score
That's my investment strategy. I don't even look at my portfolio on a daily basis. I'm spread out in a lot of companies that I like for long term prospects and just let them ride. As my brother says, plant some seeds and see which ones grow into large trees. He always tells the story of Netflix which is worth 55 times what he invested in it early on. It only takes a few of those to make a lot of money over time.
I think that’s a double edged sword frankly. After being aggressive most of last year, I’ve also tried to settle on more of a longterm portfolio but if I don’t look for too long I may miss emerging names and technologies and specific stocks I own that are headed in the wrong direction and might be worth cutting bait on. For me I’ve found a mix of 70% longterm with 30% or so tweaking works well. We’re all different though and there’s huge value in not being stressed by this stuff in the short term and sleeping well at night.

Reaction Score
I just looked at watch list I set up in 2003. Amzn goog msft in addition to a bunch of clunkers

Reaction Score
I just looked at watch list I set up in 2003. Amzn goog msft in addition to a bunch of clunkers
But overall did the good ones way over compensate for the clunkers? You're always going to have some clunkers.

Reaction Score
I think that’s a double edged sword frankly. After being aggressive most of last year, I’ve also tried to settle on more of a longterm portfolio but if I don’t look for too long I may miss emerging names and technologies and specific stocks I own that are headed in the wrong direction and might be worth cutting bait on. For me I’ve found a mix of 70% longterm with 30% or so tweaking works well. We’re all different though and there’s huge value in not being stressed by this stuff in the short term and sleeping well at night.
That's probably a good strategy. My brother watches everything and gives me suggestions when to pull out. So I have a free advisor watching for me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom