OT: Stock trading | Page 105 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Right, this isn't a Reddit stock - pure BY. So you like it long term? I'm always iffy on biotech

Reaction Score
I'm a Private Client customer. They manage my money and I don't have input. It was a hard adjustment to give up control of my allocations. It's nice have a single cockpit for my cash, investments, retirement and credit cards.
UCTitle

what kind of returns have you gotten over the years.?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Why not short the stock now if so certain it'll drop? Wouldn't that coincidentally be a way to tell if the hedge funds have unwound their short positions? (again I heard somewhere that short positions max out at 200% of shares).
EDIT: Hurleym - how do you know/track new short positions? I'd think only those within past few days are relevant - and I just read an article on bloomberg that short positions dropped:
"Short interest in the video-game retailer plummeted to 39% of free-floating shares, from 114% in mid-January, according to IHS Markit Ltd. data.
Presumably though retail investors could be taking small short positions which would be far smaller than what hedge funds had.
Make money on the way up and down.
News outlets are lying about the short positions on GME and AMC.

Reaction Score
I’m not shorting it because I just haven’t gotten into options trading. It’s too much like gambling to me, especially if you’re shorting stocks. If I ever was going to jump in, this would be the one, but honestly I’ve made so much $$ buying and holding stocks I don’t feel the need to get involved with GME. I’m glad these guys squeezed the hedge funds (they had it coming). Just would like to see some of these Reddit guys come out on top rather than losing it all. It will clearly be a mixed bag. Those that bought it under $20 are in great shape, but if you bought it recently for over $350 then you’re set up to lose most of your $$. I know these guys on WSB still think they’re taking this stock to $10,000/share but I’m telling you there’s zero chance of that happening. The ONLY chance would be if someone like Elon Musk wanted to throw a few billion $$’s at it just to piss off Wall St. even in that scenario it isn’t going to $10,000. If you go read that board there are some people on there who know what they’re talking about (maybe 10%). The other 90% don’t have a clue what they’re doing. They just think of it went from $12 to $400 them surely it can go to $10,000.

Reaction Score
Right, this isn't a Reddit stock - pure BY. So you like it long term? I'm always iffy on biotech
Typically, I'm similarly iffy at most with biotech and pfennig stocks. Late Mar/early Apr, I added LH, DNR, TMO and MTD, and took flyers with TDOC, RLFTF (blah) and CYDY. I'm still unsure what to think of the latter 2, remain underimpressed by CYDY's CEO, yet haven't sold RLFTF nor CYDY despite repeated attacks by Citron, Sykes, Feuerstein and shystery law firms.

In a few weeks, CYDY's severe/critical Covid19 Phase 3 trial results of Leronlimab/Vyrologix are supposed to be unblinded and ideally voted on by the FDA. Never mind financial considerations and other treatment possibilities (HIV, breast cancer, NASH, etc), I really hope we all finally have a far more effective SARS2 therapeutical treatment to complement vaccines.

Reaction Score
Valuation and selling of precious metal coins, jewelry/rings, etc: To potentially limit siblings and I being ripped off, thanks in advance for any well-informed insights and helpful suggestions.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Valuation and selling of precious metal coins, jewelry/rings, etc: To potentially limit siblings and I being ripped off, thanks in advance for any well-informed insights and helpful suggestions.
same with cards

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
It's on completely non-existent volume and I'm sure a much higher percentage of that volume is institutional, given the time. My guess is we see another spike up at open. This trend seems to be repeating itself.
All of Friday's ITM calls (and there were a ton) resolve tomorrow. Should be an interesting day.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
UAVS and ABML up big today also.

If the chips fall into place, these are great long term holds IMO.

Credit to my fellow BYers for recommending these.

Reaction Score
CYDY - possible pending corporate action, could be potential Nasdaq listing. Or, unblinding of US FDA Phase 3 trial results for Leronlimab (Vyrologix brand) severe to critical COVID19 patient treatment.

If the US eventually gives Vyrologix emergency authorization (EUA), it will potentially be huge for S/C patients, then maybe SARS2 long haulers. Maybe even other viruses and diseases. After GME and guilt at receiving an unnecessary stimulus credit prompted buying a month’s groceries for several families, CYDY may save lives and help feed more struggling families. Hope so as a vaccine complement to limit COVID’s societal impacts, and to possibly help enable normal-er lifestyles.

Nice pop today, made .80 cents a share on a swing

Reaction Score
Can yall help me understand what your thinking is with regards to Nokia? Short term and long term? Thanks

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom