OT: Stock trading | Page 104 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
This SLV talk went from small forum discussions to CNBC and other main stream media saying Redditors next big short target is SLV!! Everyone buy buy buy! Meanwhile big hedge funds are top holders in SLV and PSLV.

Fishy .

not you Mr. Fishy, you’re cool

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah the hedge funds are trying to get people to buy other stocks, in this case silver. Don’t buy it.

The longer people hold and buy AMC and GME the harder these clowns get wrecked. But when that time comes, it might create a downward ripple in the regular market because Citadel is cashing out other stocks to pay for the shorts.

On one reddit forum I saw somebody trying to pump SNDL, a pot stock. I grabbed some last week and it is up 31%. It's under $1. Might become another target.

Reaction Score
On one reddit forum I saw somebody trying to pump SNDL, a pot stock. I grabbed some last week and it is up 31%. It's under $1. Might become another target.
Limited on Robinhood.

Reaction Score
FYI, Frontier Communications’ breakout is continuing. Up 14 cents the past two sessions to .58. Poorly run company under new management but there’s something going on. Symbol is FTRCQ.

Reaction Score
This SLV talk went from small forum discussions to CNBC and other main stream media saying Redditors next big short target is SLV!! Everyone buy buy buy! Meanwhile big hedge funds are top holders in SLV and PSLV.

Fishy .

not you Mr. Fishy, you’re cool
i always wonder if these people are just ignorant and don't get what's going on or if they are just choosing a narrative.

Reaction Score
FYI, Frontier Communications’ breakout is continuing. Up 14 cents the past two sessions to .58. Poorly run company under new management but there’s something going on. Symbol is FTRCQ.
They reverse split at least two times in the past as FTR. Be careful lol!

Reaction Score
Has anyone bought into GameStop recently? I wonder if the squeeze up to 500+ will ever happen like the people on reddit keep saying to hold out for.

Reaction Score
Has anyone bought into GameStop recently? I wonder if the squeeze up to 500+ will ever happen like the people on reddit keep saying to hold out for.
The GME squeeze is dead. Unfortunately even though there were a lot of people behind it, I think as the price got up to above $300/share they eventually lost their purchasing ability (partly because they were limited by Robinhood, but mostly because they just ran out of $$). This stock is likely to sink back to $15 in the next few weeks. Some of these reddit guys will make $$ off of GME, but others are going to lose their shirts (and they claim they don't care). I actually thought about buying some puts, but I haven't gotten into options trading. I think it's a vocal minority on their board now telling people to keep holding, but anyone who had serious $$ in the stock if they were smart have gotten out.

Reaction Score
Lol, ok. It’s down over 25% today since it opened. Keep reading your Reddit posts though. Look, a lot of people made a lot of $$ and they squeezed hedge funds for billions, but just as many will make $$ on the way back down and an equal number will lose it all as well. It isn’t gonna stay propped up forever regardless of what your Reddit ringleaders say. Just be smart.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Lol, ok. It’s down over 25% today since it opened. Keep reading your Reddit posts though. Look, a lot of people made a lot of $$ and they squeezed hedge funds for billions, but just as many will make $$ on the way back down and an equal number will lose it all as well. It isn’t gonna stay propped up forever regardless of what your Reddit ringleaders say. Just be smart.
Look how much of the stock is still shorted. The longer is outperforms the puts the squeeze will continue. Nothing has changed - there are dips in this there has been the last 4 weeks.

Reaction Score
Look how much of the stock is still shorted. The longer is outperforms the puts the squeeze will continue. Nothing has changed - there are dips in this there has been the last 4 weeks.
There are a lot of new shorts in the stock just in the past 2 weeks...the company has a value that should be trading between $10-15/share and it’s trading for 20x that. There are a lot of people shorting the stock that are going to make a huge amount of $$ in the next few weeks.

Reaction Score
Why not short the stock now if so certain it'll drop? Wouldn't that coincidentally be a way to tell if the hedge funds have unwound their short positions? (again I heard somewhere that short positions max out at 200% of shares).
EDIT: Hurleym - how do you know/track new short positions? I'd think only those within past few days are relevant - and I just read an article on bloomberg that short positions dropped:
"Short interest in the video-game retailer plummeted to 39% of free-floating shares, from 114% in mid-January, according to IHS Markit Ltd. data.
Presumably though retail investors could be taking small short positions which would be far smaller than what hedge funds had.
Make money on the way up and down.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ok, it might take a few months to hit $15. We can agree on that, but the reality is these diamond hands guys are going to have to make a decision. As soon as they start to lose trust in each other holding it’s done (this is already happening of you go read their board). You can only blame someone else for so long before looking in the mirror. If these people basically single handedly drove the price up, then the fact that the price is dropping means at least some of them are selling (regardless of what they’re telling you on a message board). Just use some common sense....the stock isn’t down because shorts are manipulating it, it’s down because some of the WSB guys are taking profits and running.

Reaction Score
CYDY which was recommended here is having a moment today
Premature, albeit a moment. However, it's not solely due to Redditor trader's searching for a quick eph yew to Citron, Sykes, Feuerstein, et al.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom