OT: Stock trading | Page 100 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm hearing SLV on deck. ;) I'm on the train.

Something about JP Morgan in the bullseye.

Bought 100 in my Roth just in case. It's otherwise fine anyway, unlike paying $300 for GME.

Reaction Score
That worthless meme just paid off handsomely. :)
I own DOGE. But not a lot and nothing I am worried about losing. It is a joke as far as coins go but sometimes you have to be aware that people may want to make their own luck and DOGE is the "joke" of a project that people talk about the most. Want a little of DOGE- no harm- but do not go in big because it really is a coin that can go to near 0 again.
Just like investors decided to make GameStop something they could control or manipulate so it could be with DOGE- difference is its a crypto so no one can stop them from doing it unlike a stock.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hehe, 'gamestop.' game-stop. hehe.
hehe, 'robinhood.' robbin-hood. hehe.
hehe, 'investing.' specu..., er, gambling. hehe.
'economics' -supply, demand, fear, greed. throw out the micro, macro, and munchos books, cuz it looks like 'fear' may be in charge for a bit now in both dc and wall street. a bit chilly today, no?
wait, didn't almost the entirety of the wall street 'professional' analyst community tell us before that gamestop was a $10 stock? missed it by thaaaat much.
shouldn't cnbc be called apple tv?

Reaction Score
Unclear about others' perceived Schwab or TD experiences yesterday, but take the following for what you paid: Walt Bettinger and Schwab's related statement directly contradicts some media reports. With GME, we encountered no trade issues with shares nor basic put sales pre-mkt and before GME high yesterday. Perhaps some others had other perceived issues or misunderstood reasonable margin maintenance requirments (e.g., just checked, currently 300% for GME, AMC, BB, etc). Conveniently, added SCHW down 5.5% this AM. Still down about 4%.

"Neither Charles Schwab & Co. nor TD Ameritrade halted buying or selling ANY stocks this week. Neither firm restricted buying or selling basic options. Both firms did adjust margin requirements on select stocks to ensure clients had sufficient assets to pay for stock purchases. Both firms also restricted certain advanced options strategies."

FIDO also reported no unreasonable trade limits, restrictions, etc. Not so sure the same can be said about IBKR, especially after Peterffy's comments, but we didn't touch our US account yesterday nor HK account until ET overnight. IBKR was down >6%.

Schwab's statement: Charles Schwab Corporation Statement on Recent Trading Activity

Reaction Score
That’s the one chamath spac I didn’t have for some reason. Complete oversight
Ideally sans broad market dips, IPOE and/or the IPOEW dips will be your opportunities. SoFi's not fail safe, but it's reasonable to say Vlad's no Anthony Noto.

Palihapitiya wouldn't partner with SoFi if Noto didn't have his experience and hadn't established sound(er) operational controls, risk mgmt, etc than RH's rubbish now surfacing due to questionable ops controls, risk containment, financing, under experienced management, etc. So much for a RH IPO or SPAC.

Reaction Score
has anyone used Kraken? seems like the easiest to set up with good coin availability for Connecticut.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
JPM will literally crush anyone in their path ?

But f it, I’m in.
big fan here for jpm for the long run. not the current stock price as i have no clue, but for their actual, real life business. the house of Morgan, way past a century now of existence, is still a very big playa.
pro tip; their private client service is the best, and it's not even close. them people always got ur back.

Reaction Score
DOGE is a horrible buy at any price, but if you get in early you will win big. Depends risk tolerance and where the bubble is in the cycle.
DOGE used to stand for "doggy" "dog-e" coin. It does nothing and is used for nothing. When I bought mine it was at something like .0001. I would never buy any at this level-pure gambling now.

Reaction Score
Where can one purchase Synthetic tokens? Can anyone provide a top website for this DEFI project? Thanks

Reaction Score
1. DOGE coin currently higher market cap then LINK i think.... LOL
2. BANG Stocks>> BB, AMC, NOK, GME currently be raided by SHORT LADDER process. Read and understand HODL
3. NOK earnings 2/4/21>>> Fingers crossed it moves up over the course of next week, 5 is an absolute bargain for a solvent company with MANY MANY MANY catalysts, look up all current and future 5G, moon, etc projects
4. If Broader market continues to disappoint my thesis is the BANG stocks will OUTPERFORM
5. Silver and AG is currently a good deal IMO, if silver achieves 100 (very doable) AG will explode, according to ZeroHedge article from days ago, if you take shadow stats inflation numbers and apply to 1980's silver spike to 50-55 , silver in todays nominal terms would be 1000.00!!! not the 100 they say when compared to CPI (skewed).
Give me a like if you've taken anything away from this

Reaction Score
big fan here for jpm for the long run. not the current stock price as i have no clue, but for their actual, real life business. the house of Morgan, way past a century now of existence, is still a very big playa.
pro tip; their private client service is the best, and it's not even close. them people always got ur back.

I’ve looked into the JPM/Chase Private Client program a bit as I use their credit cards. Looks cool, but I’ve got a ways to go to meet the Private Client entry requirements.

Reaction Score
Sorry I bought in so it's dumping
IPOE was down a bit around 12:30 today, but still was 3 bucks higher then than at Wed's low dip <$18.
At 2 pm, it's bounced back up a buck above today's open or 20% higher than Thursday's close.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom