OT: Stock trading | Page 99 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
They actively colluded to manipulate a stock price.

Proving each and every individual case could be problematic. But by the actual rules they could get quite a few of them
I don’t think it is manipulation. They saw an opportunity for a short squeeze and recommended people join it. Then it took on a life of its own. I think it is fair play here. What the hell are hedge funds shorting shares of GameStop with more shares than are outstanding ?

Also. There was no intent to deceive in what they were doing. You can’t stop fee speech. They didn’t manipulate the market, they moved sentiment out of spite abd then when there was blood in the water the sharks got eaten by the minnows.

there has to be moral hazard for shorting. This is a rough lesson, but them the breaks for hedge funds. They got their pockets, literally and legally, picked .

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If you're buying crypto with a broker such as Robinhood, you don't own it. You're just making money on the price fluctuations. If you want to own it and be able to transfer, sell, convert, or use it for purchase you need to buy it through crypto exchanges and take it off of those exchanges into a private wallet. You have to be very careful when you have it on your wallet. You are responsible for your funds. Once they're gone, they're gone.
This maybe a dumb question, but is anyone aware of how I can transfer my crypto to another broker?

I currently have robinhood and would like to leave for another platform, but I don't want to sell my holdings, wait for a deposit to clear on another platform and then rebuy.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. :)

this shouldn't be a shock to anyone who saw the CDS / mortgage debacles - collateral ensures less naked risk.

The main question here is: why can a hedge fund naked short like mad, but the clearers can't? That's the regulation that needs to happen, but at the cost of a lot of hedge funds.

Reaction Score
A. I thought Dogecoin was a farce, sarcasm - is it a real sarcastic crypto?!
B. Heard on squawkbox I think this AM that it is legal to short 200% of total shares of a stock - presumably its impossible to buy more than 100% so bs that you can double short. This is the market forcibly changing that.
C. Excited for the ride today, much better than typical Friday in January!

Reaction Score
MJ (Charlotte Hornets) got caught up in the GME squeeze. His partner owns Melvin Capital: Linky

Reaction Score
Also - If you bought shares in everything Robinhood restricted yesterday and sell mid-morning today you could, at a minimum take the rest of 2021 off.
Of course you'd have to vacation in your house and after a few days you'd be back on here letting it ride on some new gambit.

Reaction Score
Guys, DOGE is a meme crypto. Don't seriously buy it unless you are okay with losing everything you put into it lol. It has no cap on the amount that can be mined (unlike BTC, ETH) so theoretically it's worthless..
Yes, it is a sarcastic joke crypto now propped up in a GME hoard type momentum but in this case there is definitively zero underlying monetary value, yet equal or more comedy & entertainment value.

Reaction Score
Robinhood allowing GME, AMC and NOK in limited shares this morning. Let's see what the masses do to it.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Robinhood allowing GME, AMC and NOK in limited shares this morning. Let's see what the masses do to it.
Going to be an interesting day for sure. My popcorn is ready.

Reaction Score
I'm hearing SLV on deck. ;) I'm on the train.

Something about JP Morgan in the bullseye.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom