OT: Stock trading | Page 84 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
If you mean colo facilities, I think they are going to be huge going forward. Iron Mountain wouldn't be my choice. Too few datacenters make them poorly positioned for EDGE.

Equinix is solid. One of the best companies in the space. But the stock and profits have lagged. I think Switch is interesting as well, but also hasn't really done well as a stock.

They spending (debt) to continually add more data centers. They have more upside than the current data center stocks imo for that reason. But also risk.

Reaction Score
That's what I don't get. These billionaires and big banks, can make a statement or write an article about a stock, and that can drastically change the price of the stock. They can also at the same time buy or sell millions of shares. All that's ok, but retail investors driving Tesla's stock or GME, in this case, is not good and should be investigated
I've been wondering about that with AMC. It went down to $2. They get a 100 million loan and a week later its in the $4's. Between 6-7 am the last 2 days it pumped above $5 and then does the morning slide before market open then pumps again ah. Weird action. But I suppose it could just be lower afterhours volume moving it more.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They spending (debt) to continually add more data centers. They have more upside than the current data center stocks imo for that reason. But also risk.

It is a space that will be booming soon as 5G rolls out for real, and EDGE takes over. Distributed compute, storage and networking is critical to reduce latency and enable things like autonomous vehicles. If Iron Mountain is building that out, good for them. Equinix already has it.

The three big Hyperscalers realize this is a threat to them and they are also coming to the table in force. Of course they have gobs of money to throw at this.

Reaction Score
its a crowd sourced short squeeze and its gaining more steam. Chamath on board

Reaction Score
its a crowd sourced short squeeze and its gaining more steam. Chamath on board
The democratization of market manipulation. Hedge funds have been relying on releasing research papers and publicly blasting their short position targets for years.

Reaction Score

This week will be BIG!

Walmart Covid Vaccine rollout/Clover Health Partner and zero cost insurer
Jan 27th Presentation/conference
Jan 27th Partnership announcement
Jan 28th President brief on healthcare

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I've been wondering about that with AMC. It went down to $2. They get a 100 million loan and a week later its in the $4's. Between 6-7 am the last 2 days it pumped above $5 and then does the morning slide before market open then pumps again ah. Weird action. But I suppose it could just be lower afterhours volume moving it more.
Also with all the "free" money/near 0% interest rates from the Fed, any stock can blast off

Reaction Score
From 4 - 4:45, AMC went from 4.80 to 5.56, like it was just waiting for the market to close. Last time it was over 5 was premarket.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I’m thinking about jumping on the BBBY, BB, NOK, and AMC train despite my intuition.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom