OT: Stock trading | Page 82 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Any thoughts on CCL ?
I got in last month. Should I buy the dip, or is this a long-term loser? I’m ok holding it for a year or two.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
LOL they were getting ready to go under now the stock is over $100, crazy
I got my put options at $146. The thing needs to hit $19/share...

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
GME is wild. I'm not in but my god I can not wait for the final half-hour of trading on Friday.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
GME is wild. I'm not in but my god I can not wait for the final half-hour of trading on Friday.

GME isn't one, but the crazy volatility on some of these penny stocks is likely to lead to the SEC intervening in some fashion. Look at EXPR. I remember my ex used to buy lots of clothes there in the 90s.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I'm considering digital subscriptions. WSJ is still outrageously expensive. The Economist isn't what it once was and it still $100 a year. I used to read IBD back in the day, seems they have some free content.

Reaction Score

All these redditors are squeezing the shorts. Hilarious. Anyone getting on board?

NOK, BB, GOGO, GME etc

Reaction Score
Lots of talk the past few weeks about froth in the market. Any predictions when we’ll see this “bubble” we’re in pop? I feel like there is so much $$ being injected into the market that it may move for another couple months, but it’s anyone’s guess. I’m likely going to get out of some of the more volatile stocks I’m in like NNDM and DM and start looking to park my $$ in some value based ETFs. Still planning to hold SENS for now as I think it’s going a lot higher.

Reaction Score

All these redditors are squeezing the shorts. Hilarious. Anyone getting on board?

NOK, BB, GOGO, GME etc
I bought GME at $20 and sold premarket today at $95. Left some money on the table but feel pretty good about it overall

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
What about ABML? If only I could go back in time and throw all my money on that last week.... Do we still think it goes up more in Biden’s announcement 27th? or the day before?

I’m in SENS at $2.80. Hoping for that run to $4-$5 if FDA approval goes through.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

NOK, BB, GOGO, GME etc
I bought put options at $146. Betting it goes to $19/share by end of February.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
SHIP setting up for a big run, get it!

Out of curiosity, what did you see about SHIP? I only put down a small amount for grins and giggles, but everything I've read on it has been negative to neutral. Only thing I read somewhat positive was restructuring some debt towards end of 2020 to free up capital and cash flow.

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, what did you see about SHIP? I only put down a small amount for grins and giggles, but everything I've read on it has been negative to neutral. Only thing I read somewhat positive was restructuring some debt towards end of 2020 to free up capital and cash flow.
Obviously, the restructuring of the debt is huge, but the loosening of global trade by the current administration will be a boom for shipping industry. All of the transports were beaten down the past couple years, looking at the 2 year charts paints a pretty good picture SHOP, TOPS, CTRM, GBLS, SINO all +20%, SHIP hit $1.48 in pre-market this morning. :)

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
What’s a good purchase for today? Any recommendations for a novice?

My only recommendation for a novice is not to wade in beyond index ETFs until you aren't one anymore. I know that is snarky, but I think a lot of people are going to get wrecked. Some of the folks putting money in via Robin Hood have really only seen things go up, it may feel like free money.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

SHIP is currently showing as having failed to meet NASDAQ requirements to continue being listed.

Reaction Score
My only recommendation for a novice is not to wade in beyond index ETFs until you aren't one anymore. I know that is snarky, but I think a lot of people are going to get wrecked. Some of the folks putting money in via Robin Hood have really only seen things go up, it may feel like free money.
Thanks. Not talking big money. And as a UConn fan I can handle some pain!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom