OT: Stock trading | Page 74 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score

Tesla is the Tesla of China.

I am not as fond of NIO as others in part because I have not had as much success with stocks of companies based in China, and because NIO is receiving substantial governmental financial support. What happens if the governmental support lessens or stops ?

Note Tesla aims to produce 150,000 Model 3 sedans from its $2 billion Shanghai factory, and already sells around 30% of the battery electric vehicles sold in China,

Reaction Score
Tesla is the Tesla of China.
What if the Central Government party boys are simply using TSLA? See reverse engineering, massively increasing nationalism, anti-US sentiments, quality alternatives, etc? Incentives may decrease, but mainland manufacturers are giving up on producing quality internal combustion vehicles, policy increasingly requires new/alt energy vehicles (25% by '25, 50% by '35), mainlanders, especially younger, increasingly prefer EV, #s of middle-upper class mainlanders rise annually, etc.

NIO? Hold bunch <$12, so zero interest in adding shares especially >$40 (HK advisor shares institutions have primarily bought NIO <$39, LI <$29, XPEV <$45). Prefer BYDDY, even at current prices especially as BYD is not overhyped in the west. Beauty's in the eyes of the beholders.

Reaction Score
People need to stop comparing Nio with Tesla. Nio is a car company, Tesla is an energy, stored energy, energy generation and car company. Tesla solar and battery wall will be as big as the car sector one day.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
People need to stop comparing Nio with Tesla. Nio is a car company, Tesla is an energy, stored energy, energy generation and car company. Tesla solar and battery wall will be as big as the car sector one day.
Agreed but when people think of Tesla, they think car and Elon musk. They might even only think of Mars

Reaction Score
Barrons headline:

NIO Day Was A Blockbuster. Here’s What the Chinese Auto Maker Revealed.​

Chinese electric vehicle maker NIOunveiled its new all-electric sedanSaturday at its fourth annual NIO Day. It was quite an event complete with laser light and pop singers. For investors, NIO Day offered rich detail about a new car, autonomous driving, pricing models and EV batteries.

The NIO (ticker: NIO) sedan, dubbed the ET7, is about the size of a
Tesla (TSLA) Model S and boosts impressive features such as soft-closing doors, air filtration and acoustic glass for a quiet ride.

Reaction Score
GELYY - own Volvo, undervalued, EV partnered with BIDU, massive dealer distribution,
BYDDY - undervalued, Buffet owns, massive dealer distribution, sell more EVs than domestic competitors
LI, and particularly XPEV introducing new vehicle soon relatively undervalued vs NIO at current rising price

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
BTC: Whoa Nellie, that’s a humdinger of a drop from 41K
Not sure if anyone follows Bitcoin, but there has been talks of regulation coming. Wouldn’t surprise me - it’s a giant pump and dump scheme.

Like 80% of the coin is owned by like 25 people and they all talk to each other and discuss when to sell. When they cash out prices drop, they make their money, then buy in again when its low.

Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone follows Bitcoin, but there has been talks of regulation coming. Wouldn’t surprise me - it’s a giant pump and dump scheme.

Like 80% of the coin is owned by like 25 people and they all talk to each other and discuss when to sell. When they cash out prices drop, they make their money, then buy in again when its low.
Like, the sarcasm is like, appreciated.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
RIPPLE was destroyed by the SEC, BTC next??
XRP isn't going anywhere, but it has taken a hit. BTC has too many major financial institutions involved. If people try to subvert the dollar with it, then it will be attacked

Reaction Score
CCIV LUCID rumor
STPC-UN new star peak
GHIV votes 1/20 I think.

CLWD and AITX for OTC
I don’t know much on these

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads