OT: Stock trading | Page 68 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
People with Pharma/Biotech clinical trial experience/background/knowledge regarding FDA trials:

For eIND applications (Emergency Investigational New Drug) of prospective drugs, how typical is it for the FDA to provide guidance on an open-label extension for a prospective drug's Phase 3 trial and criteria for eINDs for doctors or hospitals treating patients meeting trial criteria? For example, small biotech Cytodyn's Leronlimab (potential brand Vyrologix):

Reaction Score
People with Pharma/Biotech clinical trial experience/background/knowledge regarding FDA trials:

For eIND applications (Emergency Investigational New Drug) of prospective drugs, how typical is it for the FDA to provide guidance on an open-label extension for a prospective drug's Phase 3 trial and criteria for eINDs for doctors or hospitals treating patients meeting trial criteria? For example, small biotech Cytodyn's Leronlimab (potential brand Vyrologix):

CYDY is a buy, great swing trade opportunity.

Reaction Score
CYDY is a buy, great swing trade opportunity.
For swinging day traders at Monday's open and potentially for the day, yet cognizant of the real possibility shorters continue slamming CYDY back down. Hence, the question seeking more general sector information from people with actual direct pharma/ biotech/ FDA knowledge possibly more relevant for investors vs day traders.

Reaction Score
Despite announcing an expanded buy back, weekend Beijing announcements contribute to Alibaba sliding >5% in HK and Alibaba Health IT down >10%.

Reaction Score
For swinging day traders at Monday's open and potentially for the day, yet cognizant of the real possibility shorters continue slamming CYDY back down. Hence, the question seeking more general sector information from people with actual direct pharma/ biotech/ FDA knowledge possibly more relevant for investors vs day traders.

Welp, thanks for asking the question, I am curious myself now. The stock was not on my radar until you brought it up, I got in and out today 3 times for some nice wins.

Reaction Score
Gold Telegraph tweet: The Treasury Department has published guidance clarifying an executive order U.S investors can NO LONGER invest in ETFs and index funds as well as subsidiaries of Chinese companies designated as owned or controlled by the Chinese military

Comic gold:

Apparently, Gold Telegraph, the original tweeter did not understand the initial November US Treasury executive order, is massively ill informed regarding today's related guidance, and is unaware western investment managers, pension administrators, and global indices including MSCI, S&P DJ, and FTSE Russell have already been acting to purge mainland companies the Office of Foreign Assets Control identified as being owned or >50% controlled by the mainland PLA. ;)

However, it would be entertaining to learn which ETFs, index funds, etc managed by US-domiciled or other western managers or indices used by US companies or marketed in the US the clueless Gold Telegraph tweeter believes the PLA owns or controls? /s

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Comic gold:

Apparently, Gold Telegraph, the original tweeter did not understand the initial November US Treasury executive order, is massively ill informed regarding today's related guidance, and is unaware western investment managers, pension administrators, and global indices including MSCI, S&P DJ, and FTSE Russell have already been acting to purge mainland companies the Office of Foreign Assets Control identified as being owned or >50% controlled by the mainland PLA. ;)

However, it would be entertaining to learn which ETFs, index funds, etc managed by US-domiciled or other western managers or indices used by US companies or marketed in the US the clueless Gold Telegraph tweeter believes the PLA owns or controls? /s

Reaction Score
Analyze the actual facts. Today's Treasury guidance is neither really new nor did the Gold Telegraph tweeter understand the actual facts. Simply, explanatory information after the Treasury acted in November in response to Central Government actions your link references.

Today's guidance simply further clarified prior documented facts well communicated by State. Investment managers and indices are well informed of the prior November facts and had already begun purging mainland companies owned or >50% owned by the Central Government and/or its' PLA, e.g., SMIC. The funniest part is the Gold Telegraph tweeter inexplicably suggested the Central Government owns or controls US or other western fund managers and indices. Rich!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
$ IPOC is ready for take off .......
I bought it today right before close. Plan to sell it Jan 6th right before the merger vote. If merger is approved, the Clover stock goes live Jan 8th.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
FYI if anyone has been buying SPACs, check if the SPAC is registered to a location in the USA. If it’s located in the Cayman Islands, it can create unfavorable tax issues holding it into the new year. Look up PFIC for more info on the tax implications.

You can see where the SPAC is registered on this site.

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Should’ve asked this yesterday: what were the best picks, worst picks, and picks that will be great in 2021? Stocks, ETFs, mutual funds, etc

Reaction Score
With similar objectives, holdings, risk, volatility, and close returns, why buy the high front-end loaded ADNPX with markedly-higher annual fees and a shorter track record (2017) vs ARKK (est 2014) with no front-end and just 45% of ADNPX's annual fees?

It does have a high expense ratio - that is the one thing I wrestled with. I have found that I'll hold onto a good mutual fund longer vs trading in and out of ETF's, which I have a tendency (weakness perhaps) to do. As far as front end ADNPX expenses, to my research, I could not find anything:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
My main crypto buys are going to be $DOT, $ETH, $LINK, $KIN, $OCEAN, $FLARE, (when they're released), and $XRP (still). Those are my main buys as of now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom