OT: Stock trading | Page 67 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yeah, hope you got in in the low 50s today. If they get sports gambling built in the opportunity is huge. If it’s just another streaming service, not sure how great the ceiling is here. Let’s hope for the former.
:eek:. Dropped like crazy. Still going to ride it out as I think it will be a stable company with growth even though they’ve ripped it in blogs lol

Reaction Score
That’s really the dilemma right? I’ve had probably 7 or 8 friends ask me the past 6 months about getting into stocks and all throughout I’ve told them I think there’s more room to grow but at these elevated prices I hate to see anyone get hurt. As far as buying and holding longterm, I’d suggest SE and MELI. ROKU and SQ should remain great growth names for a few years as well. All four are up a ton with huge growth opportunities still ahead. To be a little safer, you can never go wrong with AAPL or AMZN either.
What do you think about holding Tesla for 10-15 years? Thinking about buying in soon and doing this.

Reaction Score
What do you think about holding Tesla for 10-15 years? Thinking about buying in soon and doing this.
For that long of a time horizon I think it’s a great move. Tesla stock is very volatile but for its vision, execution and total addressable market, still great to have. Although I have some now, 3 of my 5 biggest mistakes this year were the times I sold some Tesla. I’ve regretted it every single time.

Reaction Score
I’m salty about not jumping into ARKK earlier this summer. I too waited for a significant dip that never happened.

I just hope I don't hold too long. There is no way this keeps going.

But I'm glad I didn't take profits when it was up "merely" 30% in two months.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yes, implied opportunity for others looking to initially get in or to average down. Holding more than enough BABA at break even <188, not interested in adding more yet appreciated the resulting opportunity to add some discounted JD pre-mkt and TCEHY.

Winnie’s (Xi) containing BABA’s lending to unworthy borrowers, imposing reasonable lending regs, and breaking BABA’s monopolistic seller rules which effectively require selling companies to only use BABA vs other platforms, e.g., JD, PDD, etc. No negative impact on BABA’s massive cloud opportunity, ongoing revenues from Alipay and other services, and eventually good for their Ant IPO.

I bought BABA and sold it. Just front trust it. I’m also going to avoid Chinese companies at this point.

Reaction Score
My innovation fund (ARKK) is up 60% since August. Everything else I sold too early expecting a dip.
God bless Catherine Wood and her ARK Invest family.

ARK Invest funds have been the easiest money this year.

Four of the 5 ARK etfs have more than tripled this year with the 5th up more than 2X. Take a look:

ARKG last @ $103.10
52 week range $24.00 to 108.14

ARKF last @ $50.29
52 week range $16.94 to 52.21

ARKK last @ $133.03
52 week range $33.00 to 137.08

ARKW last @ $151.38
52 week range $40.49 to 155.00

PRNT (3D printing) last @ $32.16
52 week range $13.80 to 33.24

Reaction Score

Four of the 5 ARK etfs have more than tripled this year with the 5th up more than 2X. Take a look:

ARKG last @ $103.10

ARKF last @ $50.29

ARKK last @ $133.03

ARKW last @ $151.38

I have her mutual fund - ADNPX. I got in this past November 2nd, its up at amazing 40% since then.

Reaction Score
I have her mutual fund - ADNPX. I got in this past November 2nd, its up at amazing 40% since then.
With similar objectives, holdings, risk, volatility, and close returns, why buy the high front-end loaded ADNPX with markedly-higher annual fees and a shorter track record (2017) vs ARKK (est 2014) with no front-end and just 45% of ADNPX's annual fees?

Reaction Score

ARKG last @ $103.10

ARKF last @ $50.29

ARKK last @ $133.03

ARKW last @ $151.38

ARKK is the one I’ve been looking to add. Have considered taking great gains I’ve had on my own and turn it over to Cathie and Co.

Reaction Score

Good reasons obviously exist to dislike Central govt party boy actions, e.g., timed BABA anti-monopoly news release before HK's brief Christmas Eve opening, and some prominent mainland accounting shysters, e.g., Luckin. However, ignoring the mainland's evolution and its' massive spike in global economy influence is challenging since first visiting (2006) and moving to the mainland (2008) for work. Somehow, Enron's and Luckin's shenanighans also didn't prevent dipping in EOG in Oct nor LKNCY in Sep.

Weekly, the mainland mints a few new USD billionaires (many female). Anyone visiting the first time and typically returnees after being away just a year are blown away by the evolution. If not mainland companies, investing 5% min of investable assets in non-mainland companies evolving with the developments may make sense. Meanwhile, not liking certain govts' actions likely won't prevent considering LU dips (wealth mgmt carve out of globally well respected Ping An) nor selectively buying/holding shares of US companies milking ongoing Fed actions.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hope some of my BY peeps bought Theta at .10 when we mentioned it. Just hit $1.20.

Reaction Score
A quick question to my fello Boneyard Stock posters ...... what services (subscription or non subscription) do you utilize for guidance in the stock market ?

I subscribe to the WSJ, Barrons, and Motley Fools Advisors. I don’t read the WSJ as much as I should and when I do then I read the WSJ mostly for news content.

I do us Barrons and Mot Fools for stock guidance and find both helpful and worth the cost. Motley Fool has given me some good selections. If you have not yet checked out the free Motley Fool and Ark Invest podcasts then you should do so.

I am considering subscribing to Investors Business Daily. Does anyone have any thoughts about IBD ?

Are there any other resources you find helpful ?

thanks

Reaction Score
A quick question to my fello Boneyard Stock posters ...... what services (subscription or non subscription) do you utilize for guidance in the stock market ?

I subscribe to the WSJ, Barrons, and Motley Fools Advisors. I don’t read the WSJ as much as I should and when I do then I read the WSJ mostly for news content.

I do us Barrons and Mot Fools for stock guidance and find both helpful and worth the cost. Motley Fool has given me some good selections. If you have not yet checked out the free Motley Fool and Ark Invest podcasts then you should do so.

I am considering subscribing to Investors Business Daily. Does anyone have any thoughts about IBD ?

Are there any other resources you find helpful ?

thanks
IBD is the primary one I use, along with CNBC Pro and stock charts.com. If I cut down to only one, it will be IBD for sure. Money well spent in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I have never really read much of the services that speak to what to buy or sell. They never made sense to me for two primary reasons. First, if they truly could pick winners and losers they wouldn’t share that information. They would access capital and trade on whatever proprietary process they believe they have for their own account. Second, many of them heavily emphasize timing, which I simply don’t believe can be done.

For investing based on long term fundamentals there is just so much information available now. I even think the stock analyst reports are somewhat worthwhile now that Wall Street cleaned up its act on in what used to be a complete farce. I’ve read the WSJ for years, but mostly for general business and economic news. One of the few newspapers where I can readily determine if I’m reading the news or an editorial.

Reaction Score
BTC through 28k, going to 30k this week. All of the blockchains should pop more this week too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom