OT: Stock trading | Page 51 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Is the market too hot though? There’s a clear pattern now of investors staying in tech but rotating out of big cap and into small to mid cap tech. Who’s to say some of these smaller cap tech stocks like CRNC don’t still have a lot of room to run yet?

Im trying for dividend growth stocks

Reaction Score
I haven't been researching crypto as much as I used to, particularly because the stock market has been fun enough. But one can't help to notice that altcoins are not following btc like the last time it went off. Been buying up alts as their sats decrease with btc's rise. Waiting for the pop.
And just like that, most alts up +15% today. Still a lot of room to reach tulip level prices.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Link and XRP climbing. ETH going to blast off in the coming months. Hopefully XRP and $KIN too

Reaction Score
Link and XRP climbing. ETH going to blast off in the coming months. Hopefully XRP and $KIN too
Timed XRP breakout almost perfectly. Had been watching for a month after Scot-e suggested, took the plunge at .30. Looking to add ETH and Litecoin soon. Exciting times.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I was up at 2am this morning waiting for Best Buy to go live with a Nintendo Switch deal (Christmas present for my kid) for Black Friday and flipped on The Big Short on Roku (which I own!). Reminded me of how effed up that whole situation was. What a time it was to be working in the asset management business.

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I was up at 2am this morning waiting for Best Buy to go live with a Nintendo Switch deal (Christmas present for my kid) for Black Friday and flipped on The Big Short on Roku (which I own!). Reminded me of how effed up that whole situation was. What a time it was to be working in the asset management business.
Very good movie. The Fed and government created the problem, the Fed and government bailed them, fixed nothing, inflated an even bigger bubble.
Wait until the pension crisis hits

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Great documentary on the ‘08 crisis. Also look up Tom Woods- Meltdown on YouTube and read his book.

Reaction Score
Any other crypto investors into HEX? Find it a interesting take on a certificate of deposit. Looks like a great store of wealth. You buy HEX and stake it- big penalties for removing stake early. At end of stake get a ballon payment in HEX. As people stake the supply drops and therefor the price increases. I like projects I can buy and forget about for a few years and let the project just do its thing.

Reaction Score
Any other crypto investors into HEX? Find it a interesting take on a certificate of deposit. Looks like a great store of wealth. You buy HEX and stake it- big penalties for removing stake early. At end of stake get a ballon payment in HEX. As people stake the supply drops and therefor the price increases. I like projects I can buy and forget about for a few years and let the project just do its thing.
Scammy- beware. I remember they offered Andreas Antonopoulos BTC to shill the project.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
$KIN, $OCEAN, $ADA

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Anyone else own $PLTR ? I bought the IPO last month already up close to 100%. Just bought some more...

Reaction Score
Anyone else own $PLTR ? I bought the IPO last month already up close to 100%. Just bought some more...
Bought some at IPO as well. Wish I bought more. Definitely will be one I continue to add with each dip.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
What’s the promise or expectation with them?
Potential. Big data analytics is the future. But the real selling point is the leadership. It’s is like the who’s who of tech capitalists; Cohen, Theil, Carp.

Reaction Score
What do you like about ETH? Came here to ask about it and saw your post. Thinking of getting into it

Reaction Score
Potential. Big data analytics is the future. But the real selling point is the leadership. It’s is like the who’s who of tech capitalists; Cohen, Theil, Carp.
So how does a newbie purchase $PLTR? Looks like i can't get it with my new TD Ameritrade account.

Reaction Score
So how does a newbie purchase $PLTR? Looks like i can't get it with my new TD Ameritrade account.
That’s strange. But no issues purchasing other stocks? When you search for PLTR you’re not putting the $ in the symbol, right? Not trying to be condescending, just clarifying. On Twitter, people put the dollar sign in front of the symbol.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
That’s strange. But no issues purchasing other stocks? When you search for PLTR you’re not putting the $ in the symbol, right? Not trying to be condescending, just clarifying. On Twitter, people put the dollar sign in front of the symbol.

I hate that. So much.

I’m not sure why.

Reaction Score
Scammy- beware. I remember they offered Andreas Antonopoulos BTC to shill the project.
I understand it has that vibe to it- however it has matured a lot from its inception and as a certificate of deposit it actually seems like it may work over time.
I do own ADA and ocean. Just picked something more controversial to pass the time.

Reaction Score
SENS is my big bet for a major explosion over the next 10-12 months. They have a few glucose monitoring products that are far superior than anything out there and this stock is one that could jump to 10-20X where it’s at now. Just loaded up on more late last week.

Reaction Score
What do you like about ETH? Came here to ask about it and saw your post. Thinking of getting into it
ETH is about to get more scarce soon. A significant amount is going to be staked (32 minimum) with an upcoming change to the blockchain. There also has been an increase with people locking it up as an investment vs using it to purchase other alt coins- which ads to the tightening supply moving forward. This is of course only MHO.

Reaction Score
haha :oops: told ya I'm a newbie :) Thanks!

Okay ... so next dumb question ... Ya'll are talking about ETH (Ethereum) ... it's showing up as Ethan Allen

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom