OT: Stock trading | Page 50 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ha. My wife saw something on Fox Business a month ago about FUV (Arcimoto), so I bought some. Down, down, down, but I held it. Up 18% yesterday and 25% today. Overall I'm now up 72% with it.

Reaction Score
Feels good to have a really good day today. One stock I love and recommend is CRNC. Has had a big year but still plenty of room to run in my opinion.

Reaction Score
NIO shorts eating glass right now
What a great sign that it just sold off a bit the day after earnings is already close to 50 again. 60 B valuation concerns me a bit but if Tesla can be valued at over 550B, 60 doesn’t seem out of line,

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
What a great sign that it just sold off a bit the day after earnings is already close to 50 again. 60 B valuation concerns me a bit but if Tesla can be valued at over 550B, 60 doesn’t seem out of line,
Tesla is going to struggle in the coming years

Reaction Score
Tesla is going to struggle in the coming years
In terms of stock price? I was just sent a strong reminder this week that any time I think the stock is bloated, it goes way up soon after. I’ve learned to never underestimate this stock. But I have NIO and LI in the event Tesla starts to lose ground in the EV space.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I know this is a mainly stock pick thread but what does everyone here think of commodities specifically gold, silver and platinum. Inflation expectations?? and do we actually think the fed will increase rates in a few years if inflation is rampant even though we have endless amounts of debt sloshing everywhere in the system?? Thanks!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I know this is a mainly stock pick thread but what does everyone here think of commodities specifically gold, silver and platinum. Inflation expectations?? and do we actually think the fed will increase rates in a few years if inflation is rampant even though we have endless amounts of debt sloshing everywhere in the system?? Thanks!
Load up on them. Physical is the best to preserve your wealth but stocks can get you a lot of money. I have a bunch of stocks. Some of the stocks I have are $AEM $GOLD PPP $ SBSW $AUY $MTA $OUNZ. Looking to add $FNV $CEF $NGD CCO among others

Reaction Score
Someone post a while ago they were think about quitting their job and do day trading.
I didn't quit my job, but have done quite well swing trading. Bummed that Mnuchin pulling funding didn't dump the market this morning so I can get back in. I may miss my chance before the stimulus. Volatility is your friend.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Load up on them. Physical is the best to preserve your wealth but stocks can get you a lot of money. I have a bunch of stocks. Some of the stocks I have are $AEM $GOLD PPP $ SBSW $AUY $MTA $OUNZ. Looking to add $FNV $CEF $NGD CCO among others

Is owning commodities the same as owning bond funds: Bond rates go down, the fund goes up, and visa versa. Or is it like in the movie - you're buying future commodities and betting the price will go up.

Reaction Score
Is owning commodities the same as owning bond funds: Bond rates go down, the fund goes up, and visa versa. Or is it like in the movie - you're buying future commodities and betting the price will go up.
You’re betting the price of commodities will go up

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It's seen as an inflation hedge. It's largely betting on inflation, plus demand for that particular commodity. If it has an actual use, like copper, or the materials for batteries, demand plays a bigger role. Gold is mostly just inflation.

Normally, we'd expect massive inflation from all this spending, and insanely low interest rates. But inflation has not behaved normally in some time. You can buy the actual item (e.g. physical gold), but there are exchange traded funds that hold commodities, and that's probably the most practical approach. Mining stocks are another way to play that.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It's seen as an inflation hedge. It's largely betting on inflation, plus demand for that particular commodity. If it has an actual use, like copper, or the materials for batteries, demand plays a bigger role. Gold is mostly just inflation.

Normally, we'd expect massive inflation from all this spending, and insanely low interest rates. But inflation has not behaved normally in some time. You can buy the actual item (e.g. physical gold), but there are exchange traded funds that hold commodities, and that's probably the most practical approach. Mining stocks are another way to play that.
The money has just been dumped into stocks and companies. Prices have started to go up but not what people have been saying they will.

Reaction Score
As a former gold trader loved this statement, Many a small fortune has been made trading the yellow metal, unfortunately the investor started with a large fortune.

Reaction Score
Sh...t coins/alt coins about to pop. BTC FOMO kicking in this weekend.
I haven't been researching crypto as much as I used to, particularly because the stock market has been fun enough. But one can't help to notice that altcoins are not following btc like the last time it went off. Been buying up alts as their sats decrease with btc's rise. Waiting for the pop.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The market has been too hot.

my stocks are no longer buys (went from over 5% yields to under 4%, which is a sign over overpriced for my investing system)

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

my stocks are no longer buys (went from over 5% yields to under 4%, which is a sign over overpriced for my investing system)
When they get free money

Reaction Score

Is the market too hot though? There’s a clear pattern now of investors staying in tech but rotating out of big cap and into small to mid cap tech. Who’s to say some of these smaller cap tech stocks like CRNC don’t still have a lot of room to run yet?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom