OT: Stock trading | Page 47 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Idk how some of you even have time to actively trade in your spare time. I barely have enough time as it is, let alone keeping track of the market everyday and fiddling around with my retirement accounts. Buy a house or condo and flip it or rent it out an be done with it. Takes longer to see a profit without cash on hand and taking out loans but you have a bit more control over your investment in real estate and provides a steadier cash flow.

Reaction Score
Just fyi - medical company QDEL, maker of flu and Covid tests. Rated at 99 by IBD, currently forming a classic cup n' handle chart pattern. I own them in all my accounts.

Reaction Score
Just fyi - medical company QDEL, maker of flu and Covid tests. Rated at 99 by IBD, currently forming a classic cup n' handle chart pattern. I own them in all my accounts.
Thanks. I’m a big believer in IBD as well. Will keep my eye on this again as it’s one of those names I’ve always looked at but have yet to own.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nobody commented on my TAN recommendation. Seems you lost out on a 3.7% gain today.

Reaction Score
46440.jpeg

Reaction Score
Let’s be clear here. People that have a daily/weekly trading strategy should not invest in this new asset class.
I was messaging with someone from the BY who bought LINK at $16- (I believe we originally suggested to by it at $6 which was a good entry point) and they were very concerned about losing their investment. I told them they would be ok and would be able to exit at $16 if they had the time to wait for it to rebound.
If you do not have at least a 6 month window for any capital you invest - do not buy crypto.

Reaction Score
Let’s be clear here. People that have a daily/weekly trading strategy should not invest in this new asset class.
I was messaging with someone from the BY who bought LINK at $16- (I believe we originally suggested to by it at $6 which was a good entry point) and they were very concerned about losing their investment. I told them they would be ok and would be able to exit at $16 if they had the time to wait for it to rebound.
If you do not have at least a 6 month window for any capital you invest - do not buy crypto.
Absolutely. These assests are investments for the long term

Reaction Score
That was me and after my first experience with crypto I would definitely back that up. I was frustrated because I had early gains and then LINK dropped like a stone . My advice to people considering crypto is have an altogether different mindset about it than with stocks. When a currency is going up or down sharply it can be frustrating because it’s almost impossible to find news on why it dropped. Plus, I generally like to invest in companies or technologies I understand like software, e-commerce, payment processing etc. I honestly don’t understand crypto very well. Also, stock investors get spoiled with no commissions on trades and it’s very easy to transfer funds in and out of a typical brokerage account. With Coinbase, fees are expensive, funds take days to go back into a bank account and it’s just not an enjoyable experience overall. With the investments in crypto by Square and PayPal, the market looks hot again. I’m happy I have some LINK left longterm. For new investors, set aside a slush fund and hold. As with stocks, entry point is the key.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
That was me and after my first experience with crypto I would definitely back that up. I was frustrated because I had early gains and then LINK dropped like a stone . My advice to people considering crypto is have an altogether different mindset about it than with stocks. When a currency is going up or down sharply it can be frustrating because it’s almost impossible to find news on why it dropped. Plus, I generally like to invest in companies or technologies I understand like software, e-commerce, payment processing etc. I honestly don’t understand crypto very well. Also, stock investors get spoiled with no commissions on trades and it’s very easy to transfer funds in and out of a typical brokerage account. With Coinbase, fees are expensive, funds take days to go back into a bank account and it’s just not an enjoyable experience overall. With the investments in crypto by Square and PayPal, the market looks hot again. I’m happy I have some LINK left longterm. For new investors, set aside a slush fund and hold. As with stocks, entry point is the key.

Crypto is closer to a commodity than an actual currency.

Reaction Score
Any holders of?:

Tezos (crypto), Peloton, Teladoc, Chewy?

Been on PTON since the 30s. Been a fun ride until the recent sell off. Was considering dumping It and taking my profits, but will continue to hold for now unless the drop continues. The demand is still crazy for them and should only continue through the holiday season.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Grabbed Bitcoin around $5000 back in March. Guess I should have got more. It's sitting in a hard wallet offline so I usually forget I have it.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
Any holders of?:

Tezos (crypto), Peloton, Teladoc, Chewy?
I’ve got Chewy. Been in for about a month. Wish I jumped back in April but didn’t have the money or expertise then. The more shutdowns and fear, the more ppl seems to using chewy instead of going to petco or even amazon. They like a pet specific website with good customer service. It has expedited the rise of chewy.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
Grabbed Bitcoin around $5000 back in March. Guess I should have got more. It's sitting in a hard wallet offline so I usually forget I have it.
As long as you don’t need the money anytime soon, it would be cool to see if the bitcoin ever gets back to the $18k range as there is more wide scale adoption or if it’s more so the other cryptos like ethereum or chainlink that rise.

Reaction Score
Been on PTON since the 30s. Been a fun ride until the recent sell off. Was considering dumping It and taking my profits, but will continue to hold for now unless the drop continues. The demand is still crazy for them and should only continue through the holiday season.
As long as bikes are on 8+ weeks of delivery I wouldn't sell. I actually want to BUY... waiting for a dip (if it ever happens).

Reaction Score
As long as you don’t need the money anytime soon, it would be cool to see if the bitcoin ever gets back to the $18k range as there is more wide scale adoption or if it’s more so the other cryptos like ethereum or chainlink that rise.
BTC is definitely going back to 18K. The question is when not if IMHO. If I am being conservative I would say it is going to hit that level by the end of next year. The market as a whole is setting up for a retest of a $8500-$9500 level on BTC then we think it will move to a fib level closer to the 18K price.
The bulls would say I am sandbagging with this timeline but I am fairly conservative for a crypto guy.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Looking for energy stocks. Both established and ones that have the potential to breakout

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom