OT: Stock trading | Page 46 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yes. I largely buy different things in different accounts. Dividend growth stocks or ETFs of them are Traditional IRA and 401k holdings for me. I don’t expect big price improvements but many such companies are fairly stable and the dividend provides income. My Roth gets more aggressive growth targets. My main account is really a blend of all of that plus bond funds.

The challenge at the moment is that oil stocks are some of the best dividend growth stocks and are way down. Telco is down too.

I’ve got some 10 stocks in my Roth and another 8 in a brokerage.

I wish my 401k allowed me to buy individual stocks. Such bs that they don’t. My goal is to never have to touch principle and just live off the dividends...probably starting at 80 with the way we’re moving as a society lol

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’ve got some 10 stocks in my Roth and another 8 in a brokerage.

I wish my 401k allowed me to buy individual stocks. Such bs that they don’t. My goal is to never have to touch principle and just live off the dividends...probably starting at 80 with the way we’re moving as a society lol

My 401k is all funds too. I am about 10 years from retirement, and will need to start shifting to less risky income producing assets eventually. I did that a little in the 401k, probably was a mistake.

Reaction Score
That is absolutely incorrect and suggests that earnings and cash flow are the ultimate drivers of value.

.............sorry for the sarcasm first thing in the morning.........
I’d much rather have stocks with big returns that don’t pay a dividend than dividend stocks with bad returns

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’d much rather have stocks with big returns that don’t pay a dividend than dividend stocks with bad returns

I prefer cash flow. Price is an opinion. Cash flow is a fact. I’d rather never touch Principle.

But there’s more than one way to win at the market. That’s part of the fun.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Anyone have a good take on CRISPR, and similar stocks?

Reaction Score
anyone have WKHS? Bought it at $17, currently at $28.50 now. USPS decision is tomorrow. If they get awarded the contract it will boom, if not it could crumble. I've heard mixed things but what do people following this think?

Reaction Score
anyone have WKHS? Bought it at $17, currently at $28.50 now. USPS decision is tomorrow. If they get awarded the contract it will boom, if not it could crumble. I've heard mixed things but what do people following this think?
Good luck. I got in WkHS a little late a couple months ago around 17 also and sold on its way down at no profit. Glad you’ve done well from this. I’m guessing this price builds in the overall health of the business, not just the USPS hope. I won’t chase it here but I think you’re in good shape to hold it, USPS deal or not.

Reaction Score
Sadly I had a bigger position and sold at 113! But back in at 208 so I’ll take it. You’re in it too?

Yeah I did the same thing you did and sold half my shares at 113! But yeah i'm back in as well with the rest. I even put it in my ROTH IRA

Reaction Score
Looks like there’s a good chance Hindenburg slams them tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Yeah I did the same thing you did and sold half my shares at 113! But yeah i'm back in as well with the rest. I even put it in my ROTH IRA
Great short and term stock in my opinion. It’s become my 2nd biggest holding.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Im hoping for a nice earnings report from PayPal this month. Been slowly building a decent-sized position since March. I also started throwing money at DGLY. Hoping for a few big states/cities to throw them a contract. From the look of their Twitter feed though, they are clueless and hooked on some silly race car-themed ad buys and sponsorships. Anyone have any input/advice on that front?

Reaction Score
Looks like there’s a good chance Hindenburg slams them tomorrow.
Why’s that? Hindenburg is a bunch of short sellers who try to manipulate the market I hate them. That’s what they did to SRNE.

Reaction Score
Fastly
That news Wednesday night was a huge punch to the gut. 46 points now gone, brutal. That was the catalyst to me yesterday liquidating my entire non 401 account. Betting on an opportunity to get back into my favorite stocks again soon after a sharp sell off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom