OT: Stock trading | Page 45 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
From everything I can find to read, it looks like quantum batteries are the wave of the future. They will power everything from cell phones to electric vehicles. Two companies involved seem to be KCAC and DPHC. Does anyone know much about them....?

Here's a link to an article I read this morning:

The fact that Tesla isn't using them gives me pause...

Reaction Score
The fact that Tesla isn't using them gives me pause...

Yea, it would me too, but I don't think Quantums are that far along in the developmental cycle. Elon's "Battery Day" earlier this week apparently didn't provide any revelations or adoptions of new technology, so that actually could support the fact they are waiting.....or perhaps vigorously pursuing it on their own.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
From everything I can find to read, it looks like quantum batteries are the wave of the future. They will power everything from cell phones to electric vehicles. Two companies involved seem to be KCAC and DPHC. Does anyone know much about them....?

Here's a link to an article I read this morning:

I don't see how either of those is a bad long-term play. Good looks.

Reaction Score
One interesting point is the resale value of a used EV car. After the battry life has been reached (unknown, say 5-7 years), the buyer must also buy a new battery - for $20-30K. What does that do to the resale / salvage value.?? Would u buy a used EV??

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

I found this interesting. You traders can get paid 5%+ to wait for the stock to go back up.

I love PRU here. And def interested in CIT and ASB.

Reaction Score
One interesting point is the resale value of a used EV car. After the battry life has been reached (unknown, say 5-7 years), the buyer must also buy a new battery - for $20-30K. What does that do to the resale / salvage value.?? Would u buy a used EV??
In the long term those costs will decrease substantially- batteries will get less expensive like anything else over time. Remember when a 50” flat screen was only for your baller friends? Not so much anymore.

Reaction Score
What’s everyone else buying on this pullback? I’ve been adding to AMZN a little, added to FSLY and added PTON again today. One stock I love after the correction is SPLK, off over 20% from its highs and now at a reasonable P/E. Haven’t added yet but watching.

Reaction Score
IPNFF - AR - Augmented Reality - very much in its infancy- they just signed a deal with the NFL Alumni Academy:

Reaction Score
Tqqq is a fund I like heavily influenced by apple and Microsoft made a killing on options yesterday always getting in and out of this fund

Reaction Score
Tqqq is a fund I like heavily influenced by apple and Microsoft made a killing on options yesterday always getting in and out of this fund
There is another fund FNGU that is a triple leveraged tech fund focusing on the FAANG names, TSLA, BABA etc. I know people who gobble it up when the Nasdaq corrects and do really well from it.

Reaction Score
Electrek just had an article on a Model 3 with 100k miles. It showed 5% degradation. On EVs with active cooling (most these days) as long as the battery was used properly they should be fine. Resale value is extremely high on Teslas.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
RUN remains on fire. Wish l still had the bigger position I had but happy to have some.

I grabbed TAN and another clean energy ETF, because RUN's actual financials are just crappy. Feel like playing the industry is slightly safer even if is still a gamble.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Forgot that I also grabbed NVIDEA two days ago. Up 10% since Monday.

the Q

Reaction Score
I’ve always thought that you cannot go wrong buying only stocks that pay dividends.

need them to grow. That’s how you end up with incredible, even market beating returns. Because 10 years in that 3.5% yield you bought is now a 12% yield.

I read an article that said people who bought proctor and gamble in like 1985 are now getting 33% yield dividends or something outrageous like that.

Reaction Score
I’ve always thought that you cannot go wrong buying only stocks that pay dividends.

That is absolutely incorrect and suggests that earnings and cash flow are the ultimate drivers of value.

.............sorry for the sarcasm first thing in the morning.........

the Q

Reaction Score
No, check the last 3-5 pages, they were discussed.

I saw airlines and such discussed but that was less about their actual price and marketing timing than their actual dgi characteristics

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
need them to grow. That’s how you end up with incredible, even market beating returns. Because 10 years in that 3.5% yield you bought is now a 12% yield.

I read an article that said people who bought proctor and gamble in like 1985 are now getting 33% yield dividends or something outrageous like that.

Yes. I largely buy different things in different accounts. Dividend growth stocks or ETFs of them are Traditional IRA and 401k holdings for me. I don’t expect big price improvements but many such companies are fairly stable and the dividend provides income. My Roth gets more aggressive growth targets. My main account is really a blend of all of that plus bond funds.

The challenge at the moment is that oil stocks are some of the best dividend growth stocks and are way down. Telco is down too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom