OT: Stock trading | Page 23 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
It could never truly end. Even when this pandemic subsides, people are going to have become normalized to these services and brands. The "low-tide" for the DocuSigns and Zooms of the market is way higher than it ever was. Also, companies are going to lean on them more, realizing they don't need as much of an "office presence." I could even see Zoom becoming similar to a FB, where users have their own page and profiles, and there's a feed, and stuff like that. People have even turned Venmo into a verb, using it as they have Google. That's big.
I’m with you guys on the verb thing. Cashapp through Square is another one. It’s a wise investment rule to spot the trends in everyday life and go with it. I’m hoping to get PYPL tomorrow on a pullback. I use Venmo all the time. Another stock I recently picked up is Sonos. I have Sonos at home and love the products. They’re dominating the home speaker market now and even if not taken over should continue to do well, especially as more and more people stay home.

Reaction Score
Take a close look at WLL this week, potential for a quick pop and scalp, rumors of the company reorganizing and exiting bankruptcy.

Reaction Score
Take a close look at WLL this week, potential for a quick pop and scalp, rumors of the company reorganizing and exiting bankruptcy.
I’ll wish you well on that one and root for you but I’m avoiding those stocks. There’s a cloud security company named Tenable (TENB) that had 3.5 x its typical volume Friday that I’m going to take a chance on tomorrow. I still didn’t buy this yet. Got hit hard on my WFH stocks today but got to add PYPL, DDOG and FB back. Doubled positions in MSFT, AMZN, TSLA. Back to “safe” playbook for me with 2/3 in big cap tech.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’ll wish you well on that one and root for you but I’m avoiding those stocks. There’s a cloud security company named Tenable (TENB) that had 3.5 x its typical volume Friday that I’m going to take a chance on tomorrow. I still didn’t buy this yet. Got hit hard on my WFH stocks today but got to add PYPL, DDOG and FB back. Doubled positions in MSFT, AMZN, TSLA. Back to “safe” playbook for me with 2/3 in big cap tech.

Yup, I picked up some more FB, good buy right now.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
FB is a POS company. Bought it early and sold out my entire position on principals 6 months ago. I hope they burn.
I practice divesting as well. I refuse to use FB, Amazon, or Walmart, and similarly refuse to invest in them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Other than volume what do you see in an investment like TENB? Is there a new product or service they are provided or is their market just expanding? Looking at its history it's currently near high level marks. Other than other investors putting money in there what do you see in the company?
Just trying to learn more about strategies and what to key on when considering investing in a company.

Reaction Score
Other than volume what do you see in an investment like TENB? Is there a new product or service they are provided or is their market just expanding? Looking at its history it's currently near high level marks. Other than other investors putting money in there what do you see in the company?
Just trying to learn more about strategies and what to key on when considering investing in a company.
I apologize for not reading the beginning of this thread. So if my questions have been answered sorry. Anyone here on Stocktwits? I focus mostly on bio stocks. Made some good money in ARIA, ARRY, MDCO buyouts. Also hit big on AUPH phase 3. Rode NVAX from 12 to 43 (wish I never sold) Current holdings are AUPH, TGTX, and GTHX.

Reaction Score
FB is a POS company. Bought it early and sold out my entire position on principals 6 months ago. I hope they burn.
i subscribe to Investors Business Daily and it listed it as a stock to watch after unusually high volume the other day. They just went profitable last quarter and look to be the only cloud security company to not run wild. With that said, I haven’t bought it yet but continue to watch it. I opted to buy CRWD recently and DDOG on a dip yesterday. NVTA looks intriguing too but it has doubled in weeks. Anything new on your radar you’d suggest?

Reaction Score
If you have been involved in the market long enough, you've probably seen stocks take some seemingly unjustified hits and deep dives - like INO here recently.

This video with Jim Cramer being interviewed explains some of what's goes on:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If you have been involved in the market long enough, you've probably seen stocks take some seemingly unjustified hits and deep dives - like INO here recently.

This video with Jim Cramer being interviewed explains some of what's goes on:

ELI5 please

Reaction Score
Because more and more people are daytrading, volitility is increasing as well.

Reaction Score
Wow, eye opening. Thanks for sharing. The stocks i refuse to own now are the ones that trade on relatively low volume and there’s never any news on why they’re up or down sharply. They seem too easy for one or two hedge funds to completely manipulate their market.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow, eye opening. Thanks for sharing. The stocks i refuse to own now are the ones that trade on relatively low volume and there’s never any news on why they’re up or down sharply. They seem to easy for one or two hedge funds to completely manipulate their market.

And what stocks would those be??

Reaction Score
And what stocks would those be??
Gartner (IT) for one. CT based company and I used to work there so I know how well run the company is. But it seems to march to the beat if its own drummer with no news on why it’s up or down so much. Plus on those days volume can often be light. Great company, good longterm hold, well off its highs. Just one of the few I will never try to time again because I lose every time. FIVN was another but when it approached 110 and all time high again today I caved and got back in. I think it’s poised for a 10-20 point run but I’ve been headfaked on it twice already.

Reaction Score
Gartner (IT) for one. CT based company and I used to work there so I know how well run the company is. But it seems to march to the beat if its own drummer with no news on why it’s up or down so much. Plus on those days volume can often be light. Great company, good longterm hold, well off its highs. Just one of the few I will never try to time again because I lose every time. FIVN was another but when it approached 110 and all time high again today I caved and got back in. I think it’s poised for a 10-20 point run but I’ve been headfaked on it twice already.

LOL, I thought you were going to tell me you got caught holding the bag on CARV. ;)

Reaction Score
Glad I held onto my PFE, almost dumped all of it last week, thought better.

Reaction Score
Glad I held onto my PFE, almost dumped all of it last week, thought better.
What is it? An index fund? Tech based? Last two days awesome for tech. Hoping no selloff tomorrow headed into long weekend. Tesla should have another big day tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Did a little trimming today. I'm a fairly short-term investor so I'm not sure I can take another huge drop, which I fear is coming. I plan on selling everything I own within 2 years. I love everything I own long-term but I'm not in the game for that long so I can't afford to wait it out. Looking to trim some DIS and possibly JPM next. I got in AMZN at $1700 and will sell if it hits $3000.

Reaction Score
Did a little trimming today. I'm a fairly short-term investor so I'm not sure I can take another huge drop, which I fear is coming. I plan on selling everything I own within 2 years. I love everything I own long-term but I'm not in the game for that long so I can't afford to wait it out. Looking to trim some DIS and possibly JPM next. I got in AMZN at $1700 and will sell if it hits $3000.
Awesome. Congrats on AMZN. I was in earlier and now again since 2500 or so. Have been taking profits on it and buying on pullbacks recently. I’ll be trimming like Edward Scissorhands tomorrow myself if there’s another pop.

Reaction Score
What is it? An index fund? Tech based? Last two days awesome for tech. Hoping no selloff tomorrow headed into long weekend. Tesla should have another big day tomorrow.

Pfiser- pharmacuetical, they have a pretty good dividend too.

Reaction Score
[/QUOT

People laughed at me when I said Tesla would be @ $2000 or more in the next 2 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom